[1.0.5] Heat Management (No longer supported)

Randazzo

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed mod as described, however, I do not see any category called "Heat Management". What might be wrong? Do I need some additional mod to handle custom category?

UPD: seems that only when total number of mods that add custom category becomes more than 2 - they appear in categories list. Weird.

Edited by Horus
update

I've installed mod as described, however, I do not see any category called "Heat Management". What might be wrong? Do I need some additional mod to handle custom category?

UPD: seems that only when total number of mods that add custom category becomes more than 2 - they appear in categories list. Weird.

The custom category depends on Wild Blue Tools which is to become a dependency in the near future (was intended to have been done already.)

Small request: a "toggle pump" button on the AHMS would save me an action group. Amazing mod nonetheless. Heat doesn't stand a chance.

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be possible with the stock resource converter module. We're stuck with off and on.

And sorry I missed your question until now.

• 4 weeks later...

One shout-out I'd like to give this mod: its radiator panels' sun tracking actually works, unlike the stock sun-tracking radiator panels.

Yes, that's right. The stock panels, which appear to rotate to avoid getting hit with solar heat... actually don't. Yes, it looks like they do. But if you go and look at their radiation flux with the thermal debugging turned on, the actual thermal behavior completely ignores the apparent position, and just acts like the panels are fixed in place. Detailed discussion here. It's clearly a bug.

Randazzo was kind enough to jump in on the thread and test his own panels-- and they actually work, unlike the stock panels.

So kudos to Heat Management: you did a better job than Squad did. :)

(In Squad's defense: NathanKell jumped in on the thread I linked to above, and indicated that they're aware of the problem and are working on it. Presumably 1.05 will fix the problem. However, until it comes out, this mod is the only game in town for dealing with solar heating.)

• 3 weeks later...
How come the WildBlue tools is a dependency now? What does that do?

Provides the custom category functionality. None of the parts from it are included in this download, so there shouldn't be any memory impact.

The radiator panels no longer do anything. I can extend them but no option to activate is visible in the GUI and the parts heat up the same with or without the panels extended. With thermal debugging I see they take on the same temperature and turn orange/yellow, with the 1.0.4 version they would stay red unless they could no longer dissipate the heat.

The radiator panels no longer do anything. I can extend them but no option to activate is visible in the GUI and the parts heat up the same with or without the panels extended. With thermal debugging I see they take on the same temperature and turn orange/yellow, with the 1.0.4 version they would stay red unless they could no longer dissipate the heat.

The radiators are functionally identical to stock, with some buffed stats compared to their closely sized counterparts. The active modules were removed as the stock function allows overcooling on it's own.

In short, yes, they will get hotter than they did before.

[quote name='Randazzo']The radiators are functionally identical to stock, with some buffed stats compared to their closely sized counterparts. The active modules were removed as the stock function allows overcooling on it's own.

In short, yes, they will get hotter than they did before.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Jimbodiah']ok, thanks. I used the mod because they gave the best cooling vs other radiators, kind of makes the mod redundant now ;)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it makes the mod redundant, theres still the heat insulators and the heatsinks, after all, this mod is heat [I]management[/I].

Edit: Also, I've noticed that the parts aren't in their CTT tech nodes anymore, is this intentional?

[quote name='smjjames']Edit: Also, I've noticed that the parts aren't in their CTT tech nodes anymore, is this intentional?[/QUOTE]

Nothing changed on this end, everything should be just as it was before 1.0.5 came out.

[quote name='Randazzo']Nothing changed on this end, everything should be just as it was before 1.0.5 came out.[/QUOTE]

They used to be in the heat management branch, but now they're scattered between science tech (active heat management parts), advanced science (AHMS parts), experimential science (AHMS parts).

The heatsinks and thermal washers are in specialized construction, advanced metalworks, meta-materials, and composites.

The radiator panels are over in specialized construction. Edited by smjjames

[quote name='smjjames']They used to be in the heat management branch, but now they're scattered between science tech (active heat management parts), advanced science (AHMS parts), experimential science (AHMS parts).

The heatsinks and thermal washers are in specialized construction, advanced metalworks, meta-materials, and composites.

The radiator panels are over in specialized construction.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need to replace AltStockTech.cfg with the CTT patch, which I don't distribute. There's a link in the OP to it (it doesn't come from me).

[quote name='Randazzo']Sounds like you need to replace AltStockTech.cfg with the CTT patch, which I don't distribute. There's a link in the OP to it (it doesn't come from me).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, not sure where I got it last time because it was like that from the start for me when I installed Heat Management before.

Randazzo, I'm still getting that exception spam when one of the radiators gets destroyed, aren't you going to fix that one? :P

I'm also getting a new exception spam with it as well.

[code]
NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Renderer:get_material ()

at ModuleAblator.UpdateColor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleAblator.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: GetRef
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AnimationState:set_normalizedTime (single)

at ModuleAnimateHeat.UpdateHeatEffect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleAnimateHeat.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[/code]

Reproduction:
1. Break the radiator panel via whatever method.

[quote name='smjjames']Randazzo, I'm still getting that exception spam when one of the radiators gets destroyed, aren't you going to fix that one? :P

I'm also getting a new exception spam with it as well.

[code]
NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Renderer:get_material ()

at ModuleAblator.UpdateColor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleAblator.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: GetRef
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AnimationState:set_normalizedTime (single)

at ModuleAnimateHeat.UpdateHeatEffect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleAnimateHeat.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[/code]

Reproduction:
1. Break the radiator panel via whatever method.[/QUOTE]

Nothing I can do about that save remove the emissive.

• 2 weeks later...