[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Keelon - This huge planet was referred by Nova Silisko as Gas Planet 3, but later repuposed as a a giant rocky dessert planet with a gravity and atmospheric pressure that makes it even harder to land on than Eve. It is circled by 4 moons.

Kerbals must LOVE that!

Kerbals must LOVE that!

Uh, well, yeah... I realy need to fix it along woth the other atmospheric planets since I've fixed the non atmospheric ones... actualy we've begun revamping Keelon's moons! Womp will be replaced by lava ringed ocean planet Manai.

It would awesome if there was a planet/moon that was one big ocean, but had no atmosphere. (Could you implement that or are you not open to requests like these?)

Well... We are open to requests like this but... Realistic ones! How is a planet with no atmosphere supposed to keep its oceans liquid? I am working on a ringed moon with oceans, trough, made of lava, that has an atmosphere.

Well... We are open to requests like this but... Realistic ones! How is a planet with no atmosphere supposed to keep its oceans liquid? I am working on a ringed moon with oceans, trough, made of lava, that has an atmosphere.
SpaceEngine has a lot of "Titan" planets that have liquid methane, nitrogen, etc. and pretty much no atmosphere.

SpaceEngine has a lot of "Titan" planets that have liquid methane, nitrogen, etc. and pretty much no atmosphere.

yeah but Space engine uses procedural generation to create planets that are outside our solar system. And the code isn't optimized, so some planets will not make any sense

It would be hard to imagine a planet that has/had liquid oceans but no gaseous atmosphere at all. That would imply that something was preventing evaporation from occurring (among other implications).

Yeah, waht Olympic1 said. Also, my computer barely resists rendering any planet but gas giants from far, letalone exporting them. We might actauly go for proceduraly generated planets in the future, using PQS. (as soon as I find what pqs mod encreases height based on a seed)

Yeah, waht Olympic1 said. Also, my computer barely resists rendering any planet but gas giants from far, letalone exporting them. We might actauly go for proceduraly generated planets in the future, using PQS. (as soon as I find what pqs mod encreases height based on a seed)
I can run SE, I could export textures if you need them.

I forgot you were on an old laptop..

I always assumed you needed a very fast computer indeed to run SE. I looked at it for heightmap purposes, saw that the zip file was over a gigabyte, and ran in terror.

Well, I was actuaoy talking about my main fast, awesome central PC I don't get to use anythime. SE doesn't work on it just because it is 32bit Win10 insteam of 64bit. Yeah, I only yave 2.7 gigs of ksp at max... I'm actualy hoping to get a new fast, nextget paptop next year, because i'm starting Architecture class and my computers are currently ....ting themselves if I encrease the number of verticles to much on the proffesional modelling tools... welp... yay!

Edit: here's late night so it is already both hard to say what it want and fight with tablet's keyboard at the same time.

Edited by amarius1
Sorry

Anywhere I can get a delta-v map for this mod? Looks like a lot of fun, but I like to spreadsheet out my transfer vehicles, and it's hard when you have to guess, recalculate and check things.

Keep up the good work.

Anywhere I can get a delta-v map for this mod? Looks like a lot of fun, but I like to spreadsheet out my transfer vehicles, and it's hard when you have to guess, recalculate and check things.

Keep up the good work.

Well, I dunno how to create that DeltaV mao but, hey... I've never ever looked up a DeltaV map... :)

KUPDATE: So after fixing the rocky planets I have just started to fix the atmospheric ones and it's shaping up nicely. Overhauled the textures of Manai from last report but the tester still hasn't showed up with his repprt... all in all It was a good, productive summer.

Spoiler: I'm writting a scifi realistic book after I read The Martian. Also learned how to mix Electro, Classic, Beatbox and movie music!

Awesome mod! It really expands the Kerbol system (obviously)! It blends in REALLY well with stock, so that's an immediate +. Good luck on further development of this mod!

Thank you! Right now we're revamping it. We pln on expanding the Keelon System further and add other cool things unrelated, like randomly generated farms on Kerbin.

I'm having a few bugs....

I know Planetshine is listed as 'being compatible', but all the K+ planets show up in white. Any ideas?

Also, any chance of Kerbal Alarm Clock compatibility? It (sorta) works, but I cannot set transfer window alarms to repeat, which is really annoying.

I'm having a few bugs....

I know Planetshine is listed as 'being compatible', but all the K+ planets show up in white. Any ideas?

Also, any chance of Kerbal Alarm Clock compatibility? It (sorta) works, but I cannot set transfer window alarms to repeat, which is really annoying.

Strange... I supposed the goddammed updates messed it up..

The phase diagram for the ocean would be interesting. There might be a very thin atmosphere, and a huge latent heat for the liquid to gas transition. But something that could occur with those characteristics: that's hard.

It's the sort of thing that might work as a parody...

"Captain, the sensors indicate that the planetary ocean is composed of mercaptans, which also comprise a very thin atmosphere."

"There's something wrong with the sensors, Ensign. That report stinks."

"So does the planet."

I am now imagining the Kerbal version of Star Trek

Awesome mod! It really expands the Kerbol system (obviously)! It blends in REALLY well with stock, so that's an immediate +. Good luck on further development of this mod!

Well... that's realy what we were aiming for... the planets were proposed by official SQUAD devs afterall...

Update: so today somebody helped me figure out how to fix the bugs... HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT! Thank you, Mr. Chumley (remembers me of that Pawn Stars bro.

I just needed to delete an useless piece of PQS mod that was conflicting with the mods itself! The hotfix may come very soon! Just nedd to send to my tester the new fixed files so he can confirm they're good, than send them to Olympic to unite development branches, and then start the rest of Keelon't overhaul (yay!).

Today also finished painting a new terrain map (3rd iteration) for the lava ocean planet, Manai. Also fiddled with proceduraly generated crater on one of Keelon's moons. Womp will now have huge deep proceduraly generated craters (like on the Mun), Manai would obviously replace one of the existing booring moons, Keelon't first moon will now have a brown - warm color and will be scattered with huge canyons. Keelon's last moon left to revamp will have Minmus-like ridges and ground scatter of whote crystals. Also, tested the crystal ground scatter for Faz, and they look preaty EPIC, like they didn in Nova Silisko's sneak peaks.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

]yeah but Space engine uses procedural generation to create planets that are outside our solar system. And the code isn't optimized, so some planets will not make any sense

Actually, (though this post is quite old now) Space Engine's code is very optimized. There are no such planets in Space Engine (this coming from a user since 0.9.7.1)

Update: so today somebody helped me figure out how to fix the bugs... HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT! Thank you, Mr. Chumley (remembers me of that Pawn Stars bro.

I just needed to delete an useless piece of PQS mod that was conflicting with the mods itself! The hotfix may come very soon! Just nedd to send to my tester the new fixed files so he can confirm they're good, than send them to Olympic to unite development branches, and then start the rest of Keelon't overhaul (yay!).

Today also finished painting a new terrain map (3rd iteration) for the lava ocean planet, Manai. Also fiddled with proceduraly generated crater on one of Keelon's moons. Womp will now have huge deep proceduraly generated craters (like on the Mun), Manai would obviously replace one of the existing booring moons, Keelon't first moon will now have a brown - warm color and will be scattered with huge canyons. Keelon's last moon left to revamp will have Minmus-like ridges and ground scatter of whote crystals. Also, tested the crystal ground scatter for Faz, and they look preaty EPIC, like they didn in Nova Silisko's sneak peaks.

Speaking of Faz, has it been revamped to looks slightly less... Boring? The pics in the OP aren't particularly reminiscent of the current state of the mod, and it's quite misleading. Is there any chance you could update those pictures some time?

Actually, (though this post is quite old now) Space Engine's code is very optimized. There are no such planets in Space Engine (this coming from a user since 0.9.7.1)

Speaking of Faz, has it been revamped to looks slightly less... Boring? The pics in the OP aren't particularly reminiscent of the current state of the mod, and it's quite misleading. Is there any chance you could update those pictures some time?

Will update after I fix the bugs... .... happens, but at leasr I now I have a new teory to test... if it works... it would be a very good day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.