[1.0.2][May12] NoOffsetLimits: Removes limits for part offset in editor

FW Industries

This should be added to CKAN too!

Are crafts constructed with this little helper still considered stock crafts??

I'd say yes, as this is simply a builder tool rather than parts or game mechanic changes. Things like Editor Extensions, Intake Build Aid and RCS Build Aid simply allow for finer controls and construction aids in the VAB/SPH, but they dont add to anything while the craft is in the flight scene.

No update is needed, the latest release works perfectly fine. Though, I'd like to see more done with the offset system, such as a more reliable way of switching between a snap-to method and a free-moving method of offsetting. I'd also love to see some numeric readouts for offset/rotation angles rendered similar to the offset/rotation controls themselves so we can match other offset/rotated parts to the same angles. This would be useful for aligning wheels and such. Also wouldn't mind some sort of multi-select mode so multiple parts could be offset/rotated in sync. But... that's all likely beyond the scope of this simple modification.

The point is, this thing is as updated as it needs to be right now. Hopefully KSP 1.1 won't break it.

• 2 weeks later...
this mod removes the editor offset limits during building, but it should have no need to further enforce anything in flight - so for now you should just be able to remove it when you're not building anything

Ignore last comment, its a bug that had to do with another mod i had (no idea why the heck i put it in squad folder for some dumb reason so it wanst obvious i had it there).

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Natskyge said:

Does this work in 1.0.5?

Yes, it does, thanks to the OP, and also many thanks in advance for upgrading this to 1.1 once it hits :wink:

seriously, it is such a helpful mod, it should be stock IMHO

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Majorjim said:

apparently there is a shift induced offset increase in 1.1 but I am not sure how far you can offset stuff.

The offset away from a part is roughly doubled with the SHIFT key, but quite frankly that isn't much. More significantly, the issues with hollow parts has been addressed.

Hopefully the mod is still working. I had to make a few changes, but ideally shouldn't be blocking this addon.

2 hours ago, Claw said:

The offset away from a part is roughly doubled with the SHIFT key, but quite frankly that isn't much. More significantly, the issues with hollow parts has been addressed.

Hopefully the mod is still working. I had to make a few changes, but ideally shouldn't be blocking this addon.

I have not tested it myself but a few users have said it is broken now. If you know the mod and could help it would be fantastic. I imagine you are quite busy now though so no pressure mate!

2 hours ago, Majorjim said:

I have not tested it myself but a few users have said it is broken now. If you know the mod and could help it would be fantastic. I imagine you are quite busy now though so no pressure mate!

It might be due to ModuleManager, I know we can't even look at KerbPaint till we get a version of MM that works

5 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Nope not that, found MM does have an update for 1.1 but NoOffsetLimits still not working and does not use MM as far as I can tell.

Hmm, ok man, thanks for trying. I'm sure a solution is hiding in the code somewhere.

Edited by Majorjim

8 hours ago, Majorjim said:

If you know the mod and could help it would be fantastic.

I'm not very familiar with this mod, but a brief look at the code shows that it's going to need to be updated at the source level. It doesn't appear that the changes made in the stock side should break this after it's been updated for 1.1.

I've incorporated the mod NoOffsetLimits into EditorExtensionsRedux.  I've rewritten the reflection code to use names rather than offsets, so it should work going forward, possibly with a recompile for new versions.

The complete mod is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzid7e3pW1k7d1ozQ0F2cXE1R2M/view?usp=sharing

This now includes:

Editor Extensions Redux
No Offset Limits
Strip Symmetry

On 3/31/2016 at 1:07 AM, Claw said:

It's now working as part of Editor Extensions Redux

On 3/31/2016 at 2:05 PM, Claw said:

I'm not very familiar with this mod, but a brief look at the code shows that it's going to need to be updated at the source level. It doesn't appear that the changes made in the stock side should break this after it's been updated for 1.1.

I was able to figure out the reflection changes