Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

3 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

How do you post albums from Imgur on the forums? Not the link, but the album, so you can view it on the forums?

Click on the "i" button at the very right of the editor toolbar, paste the album ID there (not the full link !) and click OK.

6 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Click on the "i" button at the very right of the editor toolbar, paste the album ID there (not the full link !) and click OK.

Thanks:D http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/130970-universe-sandbox-2-show-off-your-creations/

Edited by Spaceception

• 2 weeks later...

When I click 'Go to first unread post' why do I still have to scroll down half a mile to see the first new, unread post? More often than not I need to scroll through half a dozen posts to reach the first post under the blue line.

Can we PLEASE change images to URL's in quotes just like we used to have on the old forum?

7 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

How do you get videos to show up so you can watch it on the thread without having to leave it? I've been able to do a few times, but every time I try to replicate it on my same post, it won't work.

Only works with youtube afaik, just paste in the URL and press enter.

I'm almost completely certain this has been asked before, but the search function is throwing a hissy at me:- is there any chance you guys have data from the old forum circa 0.18 - 0.25? If so, is there any chance I could retrieve any posts I might have made? There's an old image there that I'm trying to find. Thankyou!

I have a serious question and I want to make sure to follow the forum rules - as my goal for 2016 is to not get any infractions! (I believe I had more than my share in 2015).

If I create a thread for the sole purpose of sharing the custom graphics I've created from the requests of others for the use on various projects, would the page have to have some sort of Creative Commons statements that moders must have to display their mods on the forum? If/when I set up this thread, I want to make sure I do things the CORRECT way...

10 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I have a serious question and I want to make sure to follow the forum rules - as my goal for 2016 is to not get any infractions! (I believe I had more than my share in 2015).

If I create a thread for the sole purpose of sharing the custom graphics I've created from the requests of others for the use on various projects, would the page have to have some sort of Creative Commons statements that moders must have to display their mods on the forum? If/when I set up this thread, I want to make sure I do things the CORRECT way...

Custom logos and such aren't usually considered add-ons so the Add On Posting Rules don't apply (including the requirement for a license). That said, they are your work so it it would be courteous to lay out for users how you would and wouldn't like for them to be used, whether that's through a formal license or just through a statement in the OP.