"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

If you have the mod, I would go for Asclepius. Good gravity, plenty of water, some flying space for planes (albeit almost all the atmosphere is in the canyons) and you can put the rocket launchers on the high ground where there is barely any air (no drag, save on fuel), and the planet's orbit is just between Kerbin and Duna.

WIN, WIN, WIN.

If you have the mod, I would go for Asclepius. Good gravity, plenty of water, some flying space for planes (albeit almost all the atmosphere is in the canyons) and you can put the rocket launchers on the high ground where there is barely any air (no drag, save on fuel), and the planet's orbit is just between Kerbin and Duna.

WIN, WIN, WIN.

Yeah, that would be awesome.

Like a rouge planet arriving in the system and being colonized.

Or a planet from an alternate timeline...

That could work.

As for my Asclepius, I put it in a Kerbin orbit at the extreme edge of Kerbin's SOI (80,000,000 m ASL. Kerbin's SOI is just around 82,000,000 m). Makes for a neat visual at night when you have the Mun, Minmus, and Asclepius in the same sky.

Wow! So are you using animation suite for Gene also? I haven't installed it yet, as I don't need it for the interlude.

Nope, the Gene stuff is from one of the promo videos. I used the animation only for Jeb's poses!

Edit: Ninja'd

Good thing he was wearing his helmet. Also PORTAL!

Theres another thing to worry about though, when Kerbin blows up, Mun and Minmus will no longer be in it's gravitational pull and will be free to roam on their own orbits. N-body-ception! Will be interesting to see how you deal with that little fact.

I know you say you don't use mods, but it would be a fun idea if the portal led to another system entirely rather than just Minmus.

Edited by smjjames

Wormhole monoliths? Awesome! Almost makes me wish someone'd mod that.

So, is this a one time thing or did they just discover a way to evacuate lots of people from Kerbin for free?

Well, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? I think I'll save the Deus Ex Monolith for special occasions only. Which means Jeb will have to walk back or something.

Well, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? I think I'll save the Deus Ex Monolith for special occasions only. Which means Jeb will have to walk back or something.

If he brings home an EVA report or surface sample, they'll believe him! Unless he forgets to, which would be very Jeb.

If he brings home an EVA report or surface sample, they'll believe him! Unless he forgets to, which would be very Jeb.

You know, an EVA report is just what a kerbal thinks in a location. Pretty easy to fake: "Looking at the cosmos around me, I wonder if one day kerbalkind will see all of them up close and mine them for strange new snacks."

Your Jeb or Parkaboys? You both have a slightly different take on him.

I'm curious now... What do you perceive as the main differences between our versions? I'd like to know if I'm managing to get his character across as I intended...

I'm curious now... What do you perceive as the main differences between our versions? I'd like to know if I'm managing to get his character across as I intended...

Well, as I see it both are brash, but I think yours is a bit more self-aware (monolith conversation), and where Kuzzters has a bit of a control issue yours is more of an adrenalin junky.

Of course, the tone of both story lines is quite different, and I'd expect the Jeb from a bleaker Kuniverse to be a bit more reflective.

Well, as I see it both are brash, but I think yours is a bit more self-aware (monolith conversation), and where Kuzzters has a bit of a control issue yours is more of an adrenalin junky.

Of course, the tone of both story lines is quite different, and I'd expect the Jeb from a bleaker Kuniverse to be a bit more reflective.

That's fair, I think different circunstances bring out different sides of a character.

Anyway, here they come again:

3RlNus6.jpg

MPLivl8.jpg

HM2BlOJ.jpg

JDTHPGY.jpg

IixQr0I.jpg

V5jJ674.jpg

jmPs4Wt.jpg