"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

Ahh, a saboteur...Not Phoice, Glery or Starys - unless one of them is suicidal :P. Not Fabien ( i like this guy, he thinks fast :) ) So, who else was in space long enough to not be able to mess with Stout -2? Great chapter, great story, great mystery. Moar please!

Phoce-Stelrine/Stelgy thing went past the subtle timeline alteration and mission control abuse level? Jeb & co. were right - something has to be done about this or it may end worse than the end of the world.

Well, let's see how close to the truth you landed! Here's chapter 19, and the conclusion of "Days of a future I'd pass":

b66Nclx.jpg

1q5eMNO.jpg

6r6ueNK.jpg

hKtGVgh.jpg

LhWXk2f.jpg

unkAuLk.jpg

YKiC6Zb.jpg

VGwRcQ7.jpg

0dXV7Y9.jpg

eQ8cA9f.jpg

somehow Kerbin was saved from the big explosion and the space program continued. Amazing story can't wait for the rest

Ya think? Then you should Google the term "Genre savvy".

What, or who was using poor Fabien as a meatsuit? Because i'm sure as Moho he wasn't pulling his own strings then. Unless he's totally off his rocker :P

The last page threw me off, as well. Not sure who that is...

Really? I thought the balloon color would be enough to identify the kerbal... I mean, there are a few characters with similar "voices", but only one uses that particular shade of yellow... :wink:

Hey, folks! I'd like your input on something. I've been reluctant so far to add mods to the Plan Kappa save for two main reasons. First is that if I don't use too many mods, it's easier to update the game. And second, I think the story has a greater appeal since not all readers use the same mods, but they all know the stock parts well. So I'd like to ask: would it be OK to use a few mods? A few people suggested Extraplanetary Launchpads, but I fear it might make things too easy, since the challenge og PK will be to go on without new launches after year 3. Instead, I'm currently considering three mods: KAS, KIS and Pathfinder. What do you guys think? Are those mods currently stable? Would you be interested to see them in Plan Kappa?

Hey, folks! I'd like your input on something. I've been reluctant so far to add mods to the Plan Kappa save for two main reasons. First is that if I don't use too many mods, it's easier to update the game. And second, I think the story has a greater appeal since not all readers use the same mods, but they all know the stock parts well. So I'd like to ask: would it be OK to use a few mods? A few people suggested Extraplanetary Launchpads, but I fear it might make things too easy, since the challenge og PK will be to go on without new launches after year 3. Instead, I'm currently considering three mods: KAS, KIS and Pathfinder. What do you guys think? Are those mods currently stable? Would you be interested to see them in Plan Kappa?

It would be nearly impossible for the story to continue after ending without extraplanetary launchpads.

It would be nearly impossible for the story to continue after ending without extraplanetary launchpads.

Not really. I would have all the vessels I manage to put in space, and could use ISRU to refuel them. The challenge is to anticipate all the future needs. EL would kind of keep business as usual, and that might not be as interesting.

Extraplanetary launch pads isn't nessesary. KIS can be used to assemble rockets manually in the field so they could take apart and reconfigure the parts they bring with them. If new parts are needed for any reason then OSE work shop is closely intergrated with KIS and can be used to manufacture these parts in the field with out the convenience of spawning whole assembled ships. Pathfinder even has support for OSE so it fits well with the plan that is already under consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry on phone mobile forum deletes my posts when I try to edit, but I should note what can be made with kis style assembly would be limited by the number of skilled kerbals around to lift parts, planet gravity, the loss of certain vab editor features ect so being able to build ships with KIS won't be business as usual by any stretch

I agree, stock is important for us all to be able to relate to what's going on. If you really do want to use mods, I think most would be ok with KAS since I think most of us dream of that kind of functionality in stock anyway.

For the record, I play without any mods.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a question: how did they identify the saboteur?

Edited by Deddly
"mods" not "most"

Of course, it's fully up to you, but if this story is about having to leave Kerbin behind, some autonomy is a logical way to be developing towards. I guess, the ability to quickly assemble a new KSC would be too much, but proper colony stuff if you are going to have massive relocation sounds appropriate.

In the end it's always about how the mods are compatible with your playstyle. For me there was a time when I had a ton of mods (especially, when plugins appeared - I even had my own), then there was a time when I went pure stock (with stock growing up to such a size and functionality and me barely having the time to learn new features), now I've installed kOS (and totally love it - I'm better at engineering than piloting, but I don't want the MechJeb type blackbox that does everything for me either).

So, whatever fits your story. But I'd like to see your Kerbals developing and trying out some colonization technologies.

To be honest, I miss the times of 0.14-0.15 a bit, when the plugins were in their early, most Kerbal state - bunch of great ideas venturing into the unknown, not afraid of messing up. Somehow, the frequency and scale of subsequent updates had shaken this medium too much, forcing it to grow way too serious way too quickly.

I also have a question: how did they identify the saboteur?

Elementary my dear watson. Since phoince survived she could relay a list of people who could have something against her. Then cross reference that with the list of skills needed and we have our suspect!

Or we could ask the people from the future... You know if you wanted to do it the EASY way...