"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

Or maybe you'll have a mission or two worthy of an interlude ;) Like the first steps on other worlds.

That's always the issue with career mode (especially with time limits) - too much of timescale difference between Kerbin SOI and interplanetary missions. Some timewarping is necessary.

Or maybe you'll have a mission or two worthy of an interlude ;) Like the first steps on other worlds.

That's always the issue with career mode (especially with time limits) - too much of timescale difference between Kerbin SOI and interplanetary missions. Some timewarping is necessary.

I might do a few interludes if there's anything interesting to show.

Meanwhile, here's the first album. Not as interesting as the story bits, but it's a way to keep track of all the missions flown.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What will happen with Kerbin in Parkaboys´'s Plan KAPPA!!!!

http://imgur.com/a/0jqjc

I thought it would be more 'planet explodes into smithereens like planet Krypton, or Alderran being fired on by the Death Star' than 'planet becomes a dessicated wasteland'. Also, the Mun and Minmus somehow explode or something.

It would be interesting if some one risked being on minus when kerbin explodes and they with the whole planet are flung off like the moon in space 1999.

As for why they are on minus maybe it's a refugee ship with fuel problems and had to land reactivate what's left of an old base and try to make more but there just wasn't time, or maybe some one stayed to observe for science hoping the distance would mean the temporal anomalies would be light enough that they can escape after.

That being said Speculation is fun and all but I imagine parkaboy has better things planned ;)

Interlude pls? Idk, just an update, maybe just a screenie of the status?

You asked just at the right time!

C3rWHNg.jpg

SSVRNRf.jpg

znnnHsq.jpg

Kerbals don't really have ears, but you get Jeb's point, right?

Edited by Parkaboy

Lol with the tourist contract.... :)

It wasn't actually a tourist contract. The passengers were all astronauts, though most of them were new recruits. The Kerbin 3 Challenge is a contract to land on the Mun and Minmus, and then land back on Kerbin with the same spacecraft. Apparently splashing down doesn't count as a landing... But at least it wasn't a complete loss. The Sterling had a complete set of science instruments on the cargo bay and brought back a lot of science.

I'm in the middle of reading a fairly depressing novel, and a good laugh was exactly what i needed :D Those faces...In my head at least half of the hapless passengers were having a nervous breakdown titled: "OMG! There is fire all around us...and Jeb Frigging Kerman is our pilot! We are so dead!" LOL

And i still can't rep you. Bummer :mad:

I'm in the middle of reading a fairly depressing novel, and a good laugh was exactly what i needed :D Those faces...In my head at least half of the hapless passengers were having a nervous breakdown titled: "OMG! There is fire all around us...and Jeb Frigging Kerman is our pilot! We are so dead!" LOL

Well, to be honest, I think I would be freaking out even harder if I was a passenger on that ship. The Sterling really wasn't designed with reentry in mind, and for a moment there the temperature gauges made me think the ship wouldn't make it. In the end, it manages to splash down safely - only the engines and the side tanks (and the nose docking port, I think) were destroyed on impact with the water.

Mun+Minmus crew transfer/training vehicle not supposed to land on Kerbin... Was it originally supposed to dock with SSTO shuttle in LKO?

Yeah, that was the original plan. I'd build a SSTO plane for trips up to LKO, and use the Sterling for the LKO-Mun-Minmus trips. It would bring home some new science and give the new recruits some XP. But then I got the Kerbin 3 Challenge, and started thinking flying repeated spaceplane missions to and from orbit would become old really fast... I'll keep the Sterling as a multipurpose crew shuttle for later (it might make a good Duna SSTO), and design a new ship for the training run.

If you go into Ion, please don't forget that Kerbin is the only source of Xenon gas.... And after wherever occur after the third year. You will be unable to refill these tanks, even using the stock ISRU.

If you go into Ion, please don't forget that Kerbin is the only source of Xenon gas.... And after wherever occur after the third year. You will be unable to refill these tanks, even using the stock ISRU.

Pathfinder has an option where you can refill xenon tanks, and apparently parkaboy has pathfinder mod installed.

LOL. And what was that bit about parachutes made on Minmus? (or the Mun?) Are you using that mod that lets you build parts in situ?

Yeah, they were built with OSE Workshop and installed with KAS.

Pathfinder has an option where you can refill xenon tanks, and apparently parkaboy has pathfinder mod installed.

Yes, this is true. But I'm not sure if I'm going to mess much with ion, since it's better for probes and I'll probably do most of the exploration manned.

Well, it's been a really busy week in RL, so I haven't had the time to do much. But I managed to put out a quick interlude. Hope you enjoy:

ZgalDyQ.jpg

LHqFIR3.jpg

I'll be out of town for the weekend, so things will stay slow for a few more days.