[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Yogui, is it possible to modify Thor or Pandora to take soil samples for science points?

Thor, Valkyrie and Pandora will collect soil samples.

Valkyrie is 95% finished: collecting soil sample with the mecanic arm, 4 sensors logs, antenna for sending reports, little modifications to models and textures, new actions group. Just need to add it to the tech tree, I need to choose which node to add it to.

Nice mods I think they will come into their own in .22 if you add science to the Icarus lab etc and the telescope. :)

Also any chance you can add nodes to the bays on the Icarus as you don't seem to be able to get anything to attach inside them, I think they are also begging for upscaling, perhaps even the entire model.

Edited by Hawkstorm

I've always liked the look of these probes and landers - if you are making them so that they can earn Science points (especially remote soil sampling!) I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on that! Will they be able to transmit sample analysis? I can't imagine it'd be easy for them to return.

I've always liked the look of these probes and landers - if you are making them so that they can earn Science points (especially remote soil sampling!) I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on that! Will they be able to transmit sample analysis? I can't imagine it'd be easy for them to return.

Vakyrie and Hermes have been updated to 0.22. The probes have been added to the "Large probe" node in the tech tree.

Valkyrie can collect soil sample with its mechanical arm, and send sensors logs due to its antenna. Download

Hermes have a temperature analyser and a Goo canister. Logs can be transmited. Download

Links in my sig, ULA pack. IIRC, you needed to rescale all parts to .64 to fit with the atlas V, which is .64 scale. Chimer4 updated the atlas v and it is posted separately on like the 15-16 th page of the thread.

edit: direct link to the proper version of the atlas V:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93337136/Atlas%20V%20Update%20Pack/ULA%20Pack%20Atlas%20V%20v2.0%20update.zip

Edited by DarthVader

Vakyrie and Hermes have been updated to 0.22. The probes have been added to the "Large probe" node in the tech tree.

Valkyrie can collect soil sample with its mechanical arm, and send sensors logs due to its antenna. Download

Hermes have a temperature analyser and a Goo canister. Logs can be transmited. Download

I installed the Valkyrie, and I can't find the Collect Soil Sample option. There are so many commands when you right click it that I can't see all of them. They drop below the screen and even zooming out doesn't display them all. And I have tried every option in the action groups in the VAB and none of them do it either. O.o HALP!!

I installed the Valkyrie, and I can't find the Collect Soil Sample option. There are so many commands when you right click it that I can't see all of them. They drop below the screen and even zooming out doesn't display them all. And I have tried every option in the action groups in the VAB and none of them do it either. O.o HALP!!

The soil sampler option is visible by right clicking the mechanic arm, or just press action key [3] with stock Valkyrie.

To see the whole list of option you need to change the focus of the cam, hold mouse wheel button and the move mouse to the bottom.

I still updating my mods:

Thor probe with a LIDAR for atmosphere analyse and a mechanical arm for soil sample collect. Added to the 'Large probe' node in techtree. Download

Circular solar panel now with 3 different size and added to the 'Large electric' node in techtree. Download

drfizk6el2rlz554g.jpg

I need a little help from the community to finish the new telescope science tool. This tool will make space observation logs. I need you for writing these logs (1 or 2 for each celestial body). I want them a little funny.

For example:

The Mun is ... round ... and shiny.

Minmus looks like and blue green icecube... or may be more a snowball

Best ones will be added in the mod.

I need a little help from the community to finish the new telescope science tool. This tool will make space observation logs. I need you for writing these logs (1 or 2 for each celestial body). I want them a little funny.

Eeloo: The skiing looks great, but the place has no atmosphere.

Eeloo: Eeloo, give us a kiss my sweety.

Jool: Detecting seven distinct green boundary layers........possibly the universe's largest algae filled whirl pool tub.

Laythe: Great beaches, you can get a sun tan and frost bite at the same time.

Vall: A bleak and frigid moon with no signs of plate tectonics or internal heating. Not unlike my last relationship.

Tylo: Where else can you orbit at 12,000 meters at over 2,000 m/s. Really, Jeb has tried everywhere.

Bop: .....She Bop he Bop a we Bop, I Bop you Bop a they Bop, be Bop be Bop a lu she Bop, Oh she do she Bop....

Pol: I want to sneeze every time I look at this place.

Dres: This planet redefines the grayscale with some areas there is total absence of transmitted or reflected light. All dark and moody, like some Goth emo kid.

Duna: Spectroscopic data suggests high quantities of hydrated iron(III) oxides Fe2O3·nH2O and iron(III) oxide-hydroxide FeO(OH)·Fe(OH)3..........Mmmmm just like a big frosted cinnamon bun....

Duna: The ultimate rusted out steam punk world.

Kerbin: The only planet that has to take us back.

Minmus: Looks like lime sorbet! I hate lime sorbet......

Mun: It looks just like the moldy Gorgonzola back at the lunch room.

Eve: Hot, toxic air and a high pressure environment. Sounds like a day stuck in traffic.

Gilly: What a funny name.....I wonder what it means......

Moho: Tiny burned out world in a lonely forgotten orbit with no hope for happiness.....Oh God I hate my job.....

Kerbol: My Mom told me to never stare at the sun, now I do it for a living.

Edited by Tommygun

I've got a problem with Hermes and Valkyrie. They both cause enormous slowdown when in VAB or in flight. It disappears when their animations are deployed. Could you try to fix this?

I am trying to assemble to DSL Pandora but, the cruise stage wont attach to the Centaur upper stage up correctly the space craft will only couple heatshield first. is there a way you can make the cruise stage fit first on the upper stage just like it does in the actual Centaur/Curiosity configuration?

I've got a problem with Hermes and Valkyrie. They both cause enormous slowdown when in VAB or in flight. It disappears when their animations are deployed. Could you try to fix this?

I didn't seen that before. May be try a fresh reinstall. I'll have a look at this issue. Is anybody else encounter this issue?

I'm late to the party. Been away for a couple of weeks. Does the Lionhead MEM still work in 0.22 and if not, is there a plan to update it?

Updated today to 0.22. Now MEM parts can be unlocked in the techtree: Heavier rocketry node.

Download MEM 3.2

I am trying to assemble to DSL Pandora but, the cruise stage wont attach to the Centaur upper stage up correctly the space craft will only couple heatshield first. is there a way you can make the cruise stage fit first on the upper stage just like it does in the actual Centaur/Curiosity configuration?

Updated today. Now the cruise tank has a node on its top so you can stack the capsule upside down.

Download Pandora 1.4.1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.