[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Okay, I'm still struggling on how to build it...

Is there a pic of the Juno?

junoii.jpg

Does this help? You've just gotta sort through the adapters, yo.

Though I do feel like 1.7m is an odd size, and we shouldn't have started a completely unheard of rocket size; But Cobalt had his heard set on it, so I decided as long as he's happy I won't complain. :P

43 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

junoii.jpg

Does this help? You've just gotta sort through the adapters, yo.

Though I do feel like 1.7m is an odd size, and we shouldn't have started a completely unheard of rocket size; But Cobalt had his heard set on it, so I decided as long as he's happy I won't complain. :P

I can't find a 1.7-1.25m adapter. PS: I used that reference.

I meant a assembly ingame.

@CobaltWolf If you want I can make a Parts Filter for your mod so that all your parts show up in seperate categories. I just need to know how you want the parts to be filtered.

Do you just want to have 1 category with all your parts in it, like how it is done with KIS, USI, Infernal Robotics, ... or do you want to have a new category with subcategories which then can be sorted per rocket (Redstone, Delta, Atlas, Titans, ...).

30 minutes ago, Olympic1 said:

@CobaltWolf If you want I can make a Parts Filter for your mod so that all your parts show up in seperate categories. I just need to know how you want the parts to be filtered.

Do you just want to have 1 category with all your parts in it, like how it is done with KIS, USI, Infernal Robotics, ... or do you want to have a new category with subcategories which then can be sorted per rocket (Redstone, Delta, Atlas, Titans, ...).

We already have a custom manufacturer tab, don't we?

I think the best option would be to use the new part search feature coming in 1.1. I can tag the parts with both their IRL names and their BDB names.

@davidy12 You need the 1.7m > 1.5m adapter from Juno, then use the 1.5m>1.25m short structural adapter from Thor. For Juno 2, build the Sargent clusters assembly, and then encase it in a 0.9375m fairing. There is a 0.9375m > 1.5m Juno adapter.

My current plan is to figure out if anything else would use the 1.7m size class. If not I'll just rescale Juno to 1.5m.

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

My current plan is to figure out if anything else would use the 1.7m size class. If not I'll just rescale Juno to 1.5m.

Wouldn't the size change less if it were 1.875m? 1.7m to 1.5m is 0.2m, but 1.7m to 1.875m is 0.175m.

Hey guys! Just FYI I threw up a donation link in the OP. It's just a Paypal link for now but I'm going to try and get a Patreon set up once everything is back to normal, in case anyone is interested. I only have two and a half weeks left of classes before I start my six month internship. My current plan is to just continue working here and there as I find time, and then worry about things like finally figuring out GitHub, completing commitments to other KSP projects, and of course, getting the next release of BDB out.

Cheers!

13 minutes ago, akron said:

Holy Internship! Batman! I hope you found something awesome

I actually don't know if I'm under NDA or anything yet. But it's working on the digital media team for a local museum. The good news is that it's only three days a week, so I'll be able to take some contract work. My phone stopped working Tuesday, and my laptop is on its last legs, so hopefully I'll be able to get some replacements in the next couple months. Nevermind paying for groceries, etc. :P

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I actually don't know if I'm under NDA or anything yet. But it's working on the digital media team for a local museum. The good news is that it's only three days a week, so I'll be able to take some contract work. My phone stopped working Tuesday, and my laptop is on its last legs, so hopefully I'll be able to get some replacements in the next couple months. Nevermind paying for groceries, etc. :P

Ah, Student Life... those old days. The Museum gig sounds fun! Hopefully we'll still see regular BDB progress and the Mod won't get cancelled again :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: Does the Juno II have a single LFO engine?

Juno II uses the S-3D for the first stage. It has a single vernier placed near the bottom of the engine fairing.

Juno IVA has a liquid upper stage, using the 6K engine and the 1.25m > 0.9375m fuel tank. Juno IVB uses that setup as the third stage, on top of a 45K and the 1.25m upper stage tank as the second stage.

Juno actually got resized to 1.5m last night. So... yeah.

EDIT: I'm trying to get an actual dev release out in the next couple days. I'd suggest waiting until then, since then all the new stuff should be in a state that approaches being playable, though not particularly well textured. I'm more focused on getting stuff in game right now.

Question: So right now I'm trying to finish the Juno and Diamant parts. Once I get those done, cleaned up, etc, and take care of the long standing bug fixes on my todo list, would people want to have an intermediate release (ie split this release up) before I go back to working on the main probe projects (antennas, etc) and the Gemini stuff?

Edited by CobaltWolf

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Question: So right now I'm trying to finish the Juno and Diamant parts. Once I get those done, cleaned up, etc, and take care of the long standing bug fixes on my todo list, would people want to have an intermediate release (ie split this release up) before I go back to working on the main probe projects (antennas, etc) and the Gemini stuff?

I think an intermediate release would be a very good idea. It looks like a good checkpoint before the next set of new/revised parts

21 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: I'm trying to get an actual dev release out in the next couple days. I'd suggest waiting until then, since then all the new stuff should be in a state that approaches being playable, though not particularly well textured. I'm more focused on getting stuff in game right now.

Focus on rockets and probes, then onto Gemini.