Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 20--...I mean, there's empty cockpits like all over the place.

Mister Dilsby

Hmm. I'm trying to figure out what these notes mean. It's too late to play my trumpet to catch the tune, but I do not know the song for the life of me.

I hope it's a haunting chill that a long lost civilization left behind.

Got the tune now. Still no idea. Not that haunting.

Edited by DMSP

1 hour ago, Andem said:

Damn, I suppose this is what I get for dropping of of band at the first chance. :rolleyes:

OK, for those of you who didn't stay in band (and those of you who did, but whose memories don't go back to 1977) I think this is as good a clip as any to explain that sequence of tones:

30 minutes ago, Torgo said:

I wonder how many strips before Dilsby starts making Vallhenge replicas out of mashed potatoes, or whatever else might be at hand. 

Hm... just because I didn't think of that doesn't mean I'm not going to use it. :D 

Was it a Dun dun Dun.....?

Because it's not my clef. I did viola, and that's treble.

Of course, that was back in 4th and 5th grades, so I probably wouldn't recognize it even if it were in viola. :)

I can still play a mean "Twinkle, Twikle," though.

Edited by Dman979

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

Because it's not my clef. I did viola, and that's treble.

Please. I was a tuba player, I can't even sight-read the top of the bass clef. (Sure, I play trombone now, but my motto is "I was just on my way to the right note")  I had to keep repeating to myself, "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" to get that last panel right.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I'm somewhat reluctant to admit I'm old enough to have gotten it right off the bat...  :rolleyes:

Never feel bad for having lived! But hey, you're probably one of the few around here who reads treble so that counts for something too.

Edited by Kuzzter

12 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

(Not an actual translation :wink: )

(And put me down as someone else who saw this back in the day, and recognized those five tones without even being able to read music (much).)

LOL... Even I (a non-musician) immediately understood the "5 notes" from Close Encounter *_*
(... and the hint of "play matching notes" helped a lot...)

15 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Hmmmm, so now the Kerbulans think that Intrepid is onto them and knows their location. It'll be interesting to see how that affects their choices.

Well, the shot did miss by at least a million meters--if Intrepid did know their location they have a funny way of showing it :) 

It's transmitting the persistence! But to where? And why?

Honestly, sometimes I don't even know. Seriously. I didn't even decide on the whole "death laser persistence upload" thing until Qwammer was parked on the surface next to it. :P 

Edited by Kuzzter