Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 28--and the answer to Angelo's question is...

Mister Dilsby

3 minutes ago, Scotius said:

Gregmore Kerman - the most well known forgettable character ever :D Also, Sam is OK - she made effort to write down personal details. Aww, bromance FTW :)

I thought a bromance was a close relationship between two males.

Samantha is certainly female, so... that seems like the wrong word.

Happy Concerned landings!

Edited by Starhawk

24 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Sure it is, but "romance" doesn't make sense either in the Kuzzterverse, where the only "ship" is the Intrepid. What does one call a close but not "brotherly" relationship in real life? (searches...) OK, nothing good. So at the risk of seeing seventeen pages of back and forth on the suitability of various terms and the exact meaning of Val's boots, I'm going to propose that an especially close relationship between any two Kerbals regardless of gender is called ... Weltraumfahrzeugträger.  

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Gregmore's mission...

Who?

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

Samantha is cool, but Gregmore is... here too.  :D

Ok, I know Samantha, but who is the Gregmore?

50 minutes ago, Scotius said:

Gregmore Kerman - the most well known forgettable character ever

WHO IS THIS MAN!?!?!

1 minute ago, Hotaru said:

I tend to call it a "friendship."

Nothing like a good portmanteau word :) 

1 minute ago, max_creative said:

Why do only my sstos blow up? Ok the diamond back II was made of mk2 bicouplers and no struts at all, but everyone else's look cool! And actually take off before the end of the runway.

It took me a long time of experimenting, reading others' methods, trial and error before I perfected the Gliido. I'm sure @Just Jim had the same experience with his Diamondback. So there's no easy answer for you, but I just did quick search on the term "SSTO Tutorial" and turned up this :)  There's lots of other great help and advice in the Gameplay Questions section, if you haven't been there yet. 

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Ok, I know Samantha, but who is the Gregmore?

Canonically, everyone can now see him thanks to Samantha's magical index card. Does someone need a transcript? :) 

9 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

See who? And yes.

Fine.

MISSION CONTROL

GENE: Come on in, Samantha! You’ve done very well piloting the Derpstar. Do you think you could handle… a Gliido?
SAM: A Gliido? The world-famous, all-liquid-fuel, high-performance SSTO backbone of the Air Service?
GENE: Yes, that Gliido.
SAM: Could I ever!
GENE: I thought you might say that. We need you to pick up a crew from LKO. It’s the kerbs the press are calling the “Minmus Four”
SAM: The ones with… SPACE MADNESS?
GENE: Don’t worry, it’s not contagious. We might also need you to drive a rocket. I know you’re Air Service, but the fact is we don’t have any Fleet pilots on the ground right now, so--
UNKNOWN PILOT VOICE: Um, hello?
GENE: Did you say something, Samantha?

[NEW PAGE]

SAM: No, Gene, That was Gregmore.
GENE: Who?
SAM: Gregmore! Junior Looty Gregmore Kerman. He was Alouette’s pilot on the Eve mission. He’s landed on Gilly and he’s a three-star Fleet pilot.
GENE: Um...
SAM: He’s standing right next to me!
GREGMORE (yes, GREGMORE!) : Gee, thanks Samantha! You remembered all that about me?
SAM: I wrote it on this card.
GREGMORE: Oh.
GENE: That does sound familiar. Hang on, let me check… (reading a copy of Eve: Order Zero) All right, there’s Dilsby, Clauselle… heh, those crazy Battbots! Oh yeah, there he is! It’s all coming back to me now!

Mister Gregmore, you’ll fly the resupply mission for Micarooni Station. Samantha, report to the runway—you take off in ten minutes!

[NEW PAGE]

CONTROL TOWER: *SKKRRT* Ahhh... Gliido Six Eight Eight, you are cleared for takeoff.  *SKKRRT*
SAM: (thinking) Sweeeet. (out loud) Roger that, Tower, Gliido rolling. [T] [Z] [1] (Gliido takes off) Woo hoo!

_______

ETA: Ok that was strange. I put [P A G E] (without the spaces) to indicate a page break, and the Forum made it some kind of actual linked pagebreak. So much for WYSIWYG!

Edited by Kuzzter

14 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

It took me a long time of experimenting, reading others' methods, trial and error before I perfected the Gliido. I'm sure @Just Jim had the same experience with his Diamondback. So there's no easy answer for you, but I just did quick search on the term "SSTO Tutorial" and turned up this :)  There's lots of other great help and advice in the Gameplay Questions section, if you haven't been there yet. 

That is so true... the Diamondback was a work in progress from the 1.0.4 days.

3 minutes ago, max_creative said:

I'm going to build another ssto today (not inspired by the diamond back) wish me luck big explosions

If you're interested, I posted some stuff on my page about how I built the Diamondback that may be helpful, and also keep Kuzzter's thread on topic.    :wink:

4 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

We have a topic now?

Well, some people have been talking about Gregmore, and I thought maybe I heard mention of SSTO's.

I'm still wanting to talk about non-bromance / Weltraumfahrzeugträger and maybe boots.  :)

Happy landings!

3 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Happy landings!

Um... I can't land a plane either... At the best a "controlled lithobrake" but you know, any land you can walk away from is a good one. My private jet flyer, Seekin Kerman has done this, oh, 6 times :P maybe I shouldn't let an engineer fly Parka Kerman's jet :P

Also I just looked back at EO0 and I remember Gregmore! When the eve station was leaving kerbin SOI for eve, he and Clauselle got eaten by the hell kraken-ish thing. The actual kraken also makes the screen go black

Edited by max_creative
And if anyone can do it for me, please add EO0 chapter 1 page 9

Just now, max_creative said:

Hey just got an idea, kuzzter can you show the derpstar and gliido?

You mean, write some comics that include pictures of those craft and shows them being used on missions? (*goes back in time*) OK, done. :) 

(*anticipates next question*) You mean, tell you how to build and fly an SSTO? Once again, I direct you to the many resources available on the Forum, in Spacecraft Exchange or in Gameplay Questions and Tutorials. And as a rule, I do not share craft that appear in the comic--I find that it limits the stories I can tell if everyone knows in advance what a craft can and cannot do. :) 

14 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

You mean, write some comics that include pictures of those craft and shows them being used on missions? (*goes back in time*) OK, done. :) 

(*anticipates next question*) You mean, tell you how to build and fly an SSTO? Once again, I direct you to the many resources available on the Forum, in Spacecraft Exchange or in Gameplay Questions and Tutorials. And as a rule, I do not share craft that appear in the comic--I find that it limits the stories I can tell if everyone knows in advance what a craft can and cannot do. :) 

Oh ok. :)

6 hours ago, Starhawk said:

6 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Sure it is, but "romance" doesn't make sense either in the Kuzzterverse,

Bromance is the language spoken by Brohemians, ain't it?

5 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Canonically, everyone can now see him thanks to Samantha's magical index card. Does someone need a transcript? :) 

One day, kerbfleet may desperately need his stealth power, and then that index card will be his kryptonite.

15 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Bromance is the language spoken by Brohemians, ain't it?

Yes. What bromance languages lack in conjugalation... er, conjugation... they make up for with the "advanced declension" of some words. Notably,

Dude (n.)
Dude! (exclamatiory)
Dude? (interrogative, general)
Dude... (interrogative, sad)
Dude  (subjunctive)
Duuuuude (ablative)

etc.

Edited by Kuzzter