Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-END OF CHAPTER 21! (and hopefully not so many talking heads in 22!)

Mister Dilsby

2 hours ago, CliftonM said:

Just make sure not to hit spacebar.  Break it or something.

Yeah, wow, that'd hurt :) Fortunately I don't think there's much left to stage--I guess the Jooldivers would eject their fairings and maybe decouple something. Could get very exciting for Sarge! 

And three pages:

vGLn3v5.png

1NX0jFo.png

CouUaGj.png

That went well!

Theoretically the transfer window for Jool is 300 days away. But I don't want to wait that long, and neither does Captin Valentina. So I'll be looking at the map, dragging some maneuver nodes, and hopefully next time we'll have a good "strutty-eyed" solution for you.

2 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Yeah, wow, that'd hurt :) Fortunately I don't think there's much left to stage--I guess the Jooldivers would eject their fairings and maybe decouple something. Could get very exciting for Sarge! 

And three pages:

<SNIP>

That went well!

Theoretically the transfer window for Jool is 300 days away. But I don't want to wait that long, and neither does Captin Valentina. So I'll be looking at the map, dragging some maneuver nodes, and hopefully next time we'll have a good "strutty-eyed" solution for you.

Awesome!  I can't wait to see what fun activities that's going to be doing during the wait.

Also, since I'm here first, I'll call myself @Starhawk.

Happyjoyous landings!

6 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Waaaa-hoooooo!

I like the bosun's whistle effect. And "Entrail vengeance." And the rest of this update.

P.S. INB4 @Starhawk!

Happy Concerned landings!

Not true.  I'm Starhawk!  Read the post above.

Happy Angry landings!

13 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Also, since I'm here first, I'll call myself @Starhawk.

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

P.S. INB4 @Starhawk!

Talk about reputation preceding a man! Hey, give him a break--he'll be along, with a comment that's not just timely but highly insightful! No pressure :) 

12 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Hey @Kuzzter... You stole my "strutty eyed missile kerb" thing! Actually, you can use it :cool: for science giant explosions!

Thanks so much! Would you mind making that permission retroactive to 21 May 2015, so I can go back in time and use it then, too? :) 

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

Talk about reputation preceding a man! Hey, give him a break--he'll be along, with a comment that's not just timely but highly insightful! No pressure :) 

Thanks so much! Would you mind making that permission retroactive to 21 May 2015, so I can go back in time and use it then, too? :) 

Wait what? Hold on... Oh I see! DOB chapter 2 page 6... Oh! I didn't see that! Cool! (I did get the "for pol's sake!" Thing for you though.)

Woooo!  Intrepid is awesome!

Kerbfleet forever!

Um, what?  Insightful you say?  Hmm.  Hydrazine is good when doing yard work on a beautiful day at the very beginning of spring.  How's that?

*Clink*

Happy landings!

p.s. Nice comic!  :D

Edited by Starhawk

Ugh. I just finished catching up on the last THIRTY PAGES. Blast this thread grows fast. Remind me to check it more often. I had it subscribed before, but when every real page is accompanied by 479 replies, it wasn't doing me much good ^^;

I'm glad the numbers finally came in. At 1360 tons... it's actually heavier than Kidonia o_o I still win for part count though (1398)... if that counts xD I also don't recall the length measurement, but it's definitely close. I'd been starting to feel a bit burned out KSP-wise, but you've rekindled my motivation to finish up my mission so when 1.1 comes out I can roll out an even bigger one!

Actually, on that note, when this is all done would it be possible to provide a download of the full craft, or at least the main hull (sorry if I missed that being brought up before... again, the thread grows fast)? I want to compare your ship to mine side-by side xD

1 minute ago, parameciumkid said:

Actually, on that note, when this is all done would it be possible to provide a download of the full craft, or at least the main hull

Hey, glad you've been able to catch up! Yeah, the thread kind of has a life all it's own, which is great if you're here all the time but tough if not. Of course the completed chapters are linked in the OP, but that doesn't help with the one in progress :) 

As to the Intrepid, yes I intend to share her at some point after the story's over, like I did with Hummlebee. The docked craft would all be separate of course, as I launched them. Might be a really long wait though-- 230+ comics pages, closing in on 2000 thread replies, and we still haven't burned for Jool! :) 

I know that feel, bro. My previous Jool-5 mission took so long to prepare that the new KSP came out before I did the ejection burn. In the current one, Kidonia has made the burn... but still has a month to go before the inclination correction and then around a year before actually getting to Jool xP

Just now, max_creative said:

Poke poke!

moar! Kuzzter MOAR! Pleeeeeese???

I consider it a privilege to receive the gift of the author's wit and creativity.

It seems to me that it's extremely rude to badger him to create more.

I try to enjoy and experience gratitude for each bit of wonderful entertainment we receive.  I certainly don't want to be rude in any way to the person who is giving so much to all of us.

We all want more.  Anticipation enhances the enjoyment.

So I was thinking about the action group issue, and, as usual, 'there's a mod for that'.  Action Groups Extended allows in-flight configuration of AG's as well as a much larger set of AG's to work with.  I have not tried it myself, but it is up-to-date.

300 days from the window looks like a bit of a problem after playing with the Transfer Window Planner for a bit.  I'm quite curious what you'll end up doing.

On a completely different note, it would seem that Kenlie's violent visions are beginning to spill over into his verbal tic.  'Entrail vengeance' can't be good.

29 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

It seems to me that it's extremely rude to badger him to create more.

I think I'm going to choose to take it as the poster's fervent hope that, as my personal schedule and other factors allow, new pages appear soon. I will not choose to take it as a request to stop whatever else I'm doing and make pages, or make them faster, because that would really burn me up.

I'm sure it was the former that was meant and not the latter, n'est-ce pas?

14 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

300 days from the window looks like a bit of a problem after playing with the Transfer Window Planner for a bit.  I'm quite curious what you'll end up doing.

As it turns out, I think I've got something. One does not simply 'kick in the door' to go to Jool, but I think Bill's Transfer Window Planner (fast forward a copy of the savegame and try out different stuff at different times in a simulated future) works OK. New pages will come... when new pages come.

21 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

"Entrail vengeance...."

Well flubbed by Kenlie and sadly descriptive of my last couple of weeks..... :(

Also: The following quote-post may get quoted several times from here on out: ;) 

On March 17, 2016 at 0:37 PM, Kuzzter said:

Please don't poke the author. Pages come when they come.

(Perhaps we should have that added to the description of the Mission Reports Forum.....)