[1.3.1] Pood's OPM-VO (Outer Planets Mod - Visual Overhaul) [v0.3.5] [2017-09-23]

Poodmund

w00t! Looks awesome, as expected. I have to question the disabling of the EVE cloud option tho. IMO it looks way better (option enabled on left, disabled on right) but this is only a far-off look. What are the reasons behind toggling this option off (currently, anyways)?

fddxE7bl.png

91XF58Il.png

ZhhnyVWl.png

Z8FUx9Sl.png

gL6zIeal.png

Also are user-swappable ring configs coming for Urlum or is that not worth any support headache?

Edited by Drew Kerman

When that option is enabled, any cloud layers in EVE become RGBA 255,255,255,255 or so it seems. Therefore any cloud layers that have transparency or are tinted with colour settings (i.e. all my cloud layers in OPM-VO due my usage of colour channel cube maps) do not appear correctly with the shader and ultimately looks ghastly as there are super white cloud layers everywhere.

This requires a fix on Scatterer's end and blackrack is aware of the issue. You'll also find this option disabled in GPP and SSRSS for exactly the same reasons.

With regards to the rings I won't be supplying multiple configs for the install as the new shader requires the ring texture to be oriented differently. Again this is a known issue and I'm sure will be resolved at some point in the future.

Also remember the Scatterer does not apply in the tracking center; the active vessel must be within the load range specified in the config.

Probably not some of the answers you were looking for. :/

Edited by Poodmund

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

When that option is enabled, any cloud layers in EVE become RGBA 255,255,255,255 or so it seems. Therefore any cloud layers that have transparency or are tinted with colour settings (i.e. all my cloud layers in OPM-VO due my usage of colour channel cube maps) do not appear correctly with the shader and ultimately looks ghastly as there are super white cloud layers everywhere.

Ah, so we're talking artistic preference here at the moment :P Well when the bug is fixed I might have to figure out how to reproduce it for myself heh heh, cause I like the clouds. Maybe Sarnus is a bit much but on Urlum I think they look great.

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Also remember the Scatterer does not apply in the tracking center

Blackrack enabled tracking center abilities a version or two ago. He made a nonchalant post about it by just showing off a single image of it working with a "will just leave this here" message

7 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Blackrack enabled tracking center abilities a version or two ago. He made a nonchalant post about it by just showing off a single image of it working with a "will just leave this here" message

Maybe it does now, I couldn't remember. :P 

@Drew Kerman, for your playthrough, you could just keep it enabled when working with the stock bodies and disable it when dealing with OPM bodies?

Edited by Poodmund

33 minutes ago, Stratickus said:

Any plans for this to be up on CKAN? I only ask because your Skyboxes are.

Cheers,

Yes, I have submitted the NetKAN data to the CKAN people and am just waiting on them to update OPM's KSP compatibility to KSP 1.2.2. Once that is done, this mod should appear on CKAN. I'll let you all know when this occurs.

On a different note, I'm a dumbass.

v0.3.2 Release - https://github.com/Poodmund/PoodsOPMVO/releases/tag/v0.3.2

• Forgot to render Tekto's oceans... doh! Ocean shaders on Tekto have been enabled by adjusting Ocean Alpha values.

Fortunately, as you all enable update-checks through the bundled mini-AVC file (you all do that right? *shakes fist*) you should all be getting notifications of these updates being released.

Edited by Poodmund

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Fortunately, as you all enable update-checks through the bundled mini-AVC file (you all do that right? *shakes fist*) you should all be getting notifications of these updates being released.

Mini-AVC? Full AVC for life!

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Fortunately, as you all enable update-checks through the bundled mini-AVC file (you all do that right?

I kill all AVC with extreme prejudice!

but then I check the forums pretty much daily :)

I'm using (the latest version of) your mod with SVE and bits of KSPRC I've ported over myself

6 hours ago, Merkov said:

Mini-AVC? Full AVC for life!

Well that's even better. :D

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

I'm using (the latest version of) your mod with SVE and bits of KSPRC I've ported over myself

Could you please give an exact breakdown of the KSPRC bits you use over the latest SVE install? Is it just KSPRC textures?

8 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Yes, I have submitted the NetKAN data to the CKAN people and am just waiting on them to update OPM's KSP compatibility to KSP 1.2.2. Once that is done, this mod should appear on CKAN. I'll let you all know when this occurs.

On a different note, I'm a dumbass.

v0.3.2 Release - https://github.com/Poodmund/PoodsOPMVO/releases/tag/v0.3.2

• Forgot to render Tekto's oceans... doh! Ocean shaders on Tekto have been enabled by adjusting Ocean Alpha values.

WooT!  We'll get this updated in the Community Library as soon, great to see you updated it!  I didn't know it was in development pages so now its also in the Dev library.

Edited by CarnageINC

14 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Could you please give an exact breakdown of the KSPRC bits you use over the latest SVE install? Is it just KSPRC textures?

yea it's really just textures, and nothing that applies to the OPM planets. Just Kerbin and Mun since that's all I need right now

22 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Any plans for this to be up on CKAN? I only ask because your Skyboxes are.

Cheers,

Its up on CKAN now. :D 

8 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

yea it's really just textures, and nothing that applies to the OPM planets. Just Kerbin and Mun since that's all I need right now

Thanks for the breakdown. 

v0.3.3 Release - https://github.com/Poodmund/PoodsOPMVO/releases/tag/v0.3.3

• Added Sigma OPM-Tilt support (I think when installed, Wal is a bit messed up at it was changed for OPM 1.2, I'll inform Sigma88).
  • Slight change to Urlum's rim exposure.
  • Leveraging SVE's cloud detail textures if SVE is installed, if not, uses own placeholder texture as before.

Now don't you all complain about the frequent updates! :D It's iterative okay!

Edited by Poodmund

52 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

If it concerns EVE or scatterer then yes, that'd be helpful... and also anyone else too. I'm trying to gauge what people use so I can consider compatibility.

Ok so currently I prefer the look of KSPRC's Eve planet clouds to SVE so I'm just using

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CloudsA
		body = Eve
		altitude = 2500
		speed = 0,70,0
		detailSpeed = 0,35,1
		rotationAxis0 = 1,0.01,0.01
		rotationAxis1 = 0.01,1,0.01
		rotationAxis2 = 0.01,0.01,1
		killBodyRotation = True
		settings
		{
			_Color = 90,40,25,255
			_MainTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Textures/eve3
			_DetailTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Details/nubs
			_DetailScale = 8
			_DetailDist = 0.000005
			_UVNoiseTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Details/noise3
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.8,0.6
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.008
		}
		layer2D
		{
			shadow = False
			shadowOffset = 0,0,0
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_RimDistSub = 0.9925
				_FalloffScale = 10
				_FalloffPow = 10
			}
			shadowMaterial
			{
				_ShadowFactor = 0.8
			}
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			followDetail = True
			area = 20000,4
			size = 5000,1
			maxTranslation = 1.5,2.5,60
			particleMaterial
			{
				_Tex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/particles/nubs
				_BumpMap = KSPRC/Atmospheres/particles/Pnormal
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CloudsB
		body = Eve
		altitude = 3800
		speed = 0,80,0
		detailSpeed = 0,50,2
		killBodyRotation = True
		settings
		{
			_Color = 135,70,50,255
			_MainTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Textures/eve
			_DetailScale = 6
			_DetailDist = 0.000005
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.9,0.6
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.008
		}
		layer2D
		{
			shadow = False
			shadowOffset = 0,0,0
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_RimDistSub = 0.9925
				_FalloffScale = 10
				_FalloffPow = 10
			}
			shadowMaterial
			{
				_ShadowFactor = 0.8
			}
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			followDetail = True
			area = 20000,4
			size = 5000,1
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CloudsC
		body = Eve
		altitude = 4800
		speed = 0,90,0
		detailSpeed = 0,100,3
		killBodyRotation = True
		settings
		{
			_Color = 155,100,80,255
			_MainTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Textures/neve
			_DetailScale = 4
			_DetailDist = 0.000005
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 1,0.6
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.008
		}
		layer2D
		{
			shadow = False
			shadowOffset = 0,0,0
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_RimDistSub = 0.9925
				_FalloffScale = 10
				_FalloffPow = 10
			}
			shadowMaterial
			{
				_ShadowFactor = 0.8
			}
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			followDetail = True
			area = 20000,4
			size = 5000,1
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
}

2 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Ok so currently I prefer the look of KSPRC's Eve planet clouds to SVE so I'm just using

*snip*

Could you also mention the dir. structure/file paths of these configs, please?

3 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Could you also mention the dir. structure/file paths of these configs, please?

\GameData\KSPRC\Atmospheres holds the clouds.cfg I posted above, then breaks down into the following subfolders:
--> Details
--> particles
--> Textures

you're not just asking me to get a guy's leg are you? :wink:

Edited by Drew Kerman

On 4/1/2017 at 11:14 AM, Poodmund said:

A quick request for information to anyone using this mod, what other visual mods are you using alongside this mod?

i.e. SVE, Para-Sci etc. etc.

All information would be greatly appreciated.

I usually use @GregroxMun's 

As for EVE configs, I have one in my folder, but I picked it up from somewhere in the EVE thread and don't remember where it's from.

Edited by theonegalen

16 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

get to work @Poodmund! :) Dying to see those Urlum rings as they should be seen

Oh and while I'm here making demands - do you have a Paypal? You're one of the few content creators here I haven't donated to yet

Already on it, I won't be releasing an update for it though until Kopernicus releases an update to accommodate the change. As for a PayPal link, you're usage and feedback in this development stage is all I ask... but thank you greatly.

FYI Pood the latest release of SVE has a changed folder structure so your MM patch to use its textures is causing EVE to throw a hissy fit and not load any clouds whatsoever. Just needs the paths updated in clouds.cfg from StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/ to StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/

There's also no longer a detailCirrus texture (dunno why he took out the Kerbin cirrus clouds...)

Yeah I was aware of this and had made the necessary changes on my end in preparation for the next update.

I am hoping that Kopernicus sees another release soon so i can include the ring shader updates