The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

14 hours ago, Buzz light fear said:

So I was play in kerbal the other day and noticed that a class C asteroid is on approach to kerbin so Jim inspired  me to go and catch it and mine its resources for my own pur purposes. But I have a delima jeb's crew will be back in six days from duna and the asteroid will be closest then too any idea on how to do both without killing the crew and their ship.:huh:

I'm not sure what you mean. You should post this in the gameplay section so people with more experience will find it and can maybe help.

On 11/27/2016 at 7:11 PM, Just Jim said:

In a nutshell, yes. Not sure about streaming netflixs... but I suppose that's possible.  :)

Hahaha, this actually made me laugh. How else do you think the gang keeps up with the great space opera! *enter ominous voice* Streaming across the galaxy to a monitor close to you - it's The Saga of Emiko Station!

On 11/28/2016 at 10:29 PM, Buzz light fear said:

So I was play in kerbal the other day and noticed that a class C asteroid is on approach to kerbin so Jim inspired  me to go and catch it and mine its resources for my own pur purposes. But I have a delima jeb's crew will be back in six days from duna and the asteroid will be closest then too any idea on how to do both without killing the crew and their ship.:huh:

This is why it is important to understand you need  other crews besides Jebediah, Bob, and Bill that work together as a single unit. In my story line, Kerny has emerged to command a crew that consists of Karloff (I love the KSP generated name, as I am a big fan of Boris Karloff). This way, if you have multiple crews, you can always have a mission on standby - if nothing else, for such a case as you share here.

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Hahaha, this actually made me laugh. How else do you think the gang keeps up with the great space opera! *enter ominous voice* Streaming across the galaxy to a monitor close to you - it's The Saga of Emiko Station!

"And no you cannot just binge-read it on the release day, we're making it up as we go along!" :D 

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

They are fun, aren't they???  :)

Sort of it was a class c so it didn't have much resources to use so I am waiting for a clas E to come by that way I can refuel my ships much faster without sending them to minmusto be fueled for their missions you end up getting very good at rendezvous with my design. It is a small base that I use as a gas station for my interplanetary missions till I can get a respectable asteroid to use.

16 minutes ago, Buzz light fear said:

Sort of it was a class c so it didn't have much resources to use so I am waiting for a clas E to come by that way I can refuel my ships much faster without sending them to minmusto be fueled for their missions you end up getting very good at rendezvous with my design. It is a small base that I use as a gas station for my interplanetary missions till I can get a respectable asteroid to use.

The best place to find really big ones is around Dres. Stick a satellite with a claw in orbit and wait... they'll show up.

The tricky part is getting a really huge one back home.

27 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

@JustJim My friend was launching a huge wheel space station in one launch (What was he on?) when I saw a Kerbal in the complex I thought I recognized... "That's Hartfield!" I exclaimed, and immediately told him to put Hartfield on the mission. So you did get his name from the generator!

Yes... the only names in Emiko that I changed are Emiko herself (although I've been told by a couple people now that she's been spotted in the generator), and the three named after forum members: @Kuzzter, @Geschosskopf, and @Parkaboy. Oh wait, I forgot Stardust. She was named after one of my cats that passed away earlier this year. And I obviously added Gene, Werhner, and the rest of the canon KSC staff.  The rest are game generated names.

As far as launching wheel stations goes, it's not terribly hard once you get the hang of it. 

Spoiler

zVOYFtl.jpg

3 hours ago, obney kerman said:

I never thought my Netflix comment would get so many replies!

I'm not surprised. A lot of people read this, and it was a good line!
I wish I had thought of it, it could have been something Emiko might have said.

Kerbnet: I am Kerbnet. I can massively improve your computer system and assist in locating anomalies...

Emiko: Yes, but can you stream Netflix???

Gene: Net... what???

:)

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, obney kerman said:

I never thought my Netflix comment would get so many replies!

Then you should love this. The more I think about it, the more I like it, so I'm going to bend the rules a little...

I'm adding your Netflix line, slightly modified, into that last chapter.  :D

Edited by Just Jim

15 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Then you should love this. The more I think about it, the more I like it, so I'm going to bend the rules a little...

Only if obney kerman gets a part in the story.:cool:

9 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Kerbnet: I am Kerbnet. I can massively improve your computer system and assist in locating anomalies...

Emiko: Yes, but can you stream Netflix???

Gene: Net... what???

[Edited for relevant content by adsii1970]

9 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I love this... it makes Gene appear older and out of touch with current technology! I remember being 10 and on a family vacation in Houston, Texas. That summer, my parents decided to take me and my sister to the Houston Space Center for one of those mega tours they offered; it was in 1980.

While on the tour, one of the people we got to meet was one of my legendary heroes, Alan B. Shepherd. He asked me what I thought of the tour, and all I could do was quote STS statistics! I still could remember the look on his face - amazed and then bewildered as I continued about the heat resistance of the tiles, the different temperatures that could be withstood based on the three colors, have. He looked at me, smiled, and said something like, "That's a bit beyond my time, son. Oh, that's good... he's already qualified to be one of the brainy nerds that work here..." Rolled his eyes, and handed me an Apollo 14 patch from the gift shop (in all fairness, he had a stack of them). I still have the patch!

Edited by adsii1970

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:21 PM, Just Jim said:

"Yes," Emiko giggled to herself, "But can Kerbnet stream Netflix???" 

Harfield glanced at her and smiled, but like many of her strange comments, he really didn't know what she was talking about.

I don't even...

30 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

I don't even...

Oh wait... that wasn't quite right. It's supposed to be "strange Earth comments."  :)

47 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

Obney doesn't need to be in the storyline, I was kidding.

Well, to be honest, between main and supporting characters, I've already got 40, which is already pushing it. I'm not sure how to fit in someone new.

However, Obney is an interesting and very Kerbin sounding name, so I'm thinking I may be able to give you a cameo, so to speak, in the next chapter.

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Alan B. Shepherd: "That's a bit beyond my time, son. Oh, that's good... he's already qualified to be one of the brainy nerds that work here..."

That is TRULY amazing! Not just that Admiral Shepard was actually on the tour in 1980, but that 10 year old you had the perspicacity to impress him. Well done sir!

2 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

That is TRULY amazing! Not just that Admiral Shepard was actually on the tour in 1980, but that 10 year old you had the perspicacity to impress him. Well done sir!

I was just a typical kid... NASA was what I wanted to do and be a part of. Just like some kids want to be sports players and can quote baseball stats all day long, my mind was bent on space... :D

Even today, if you go to Houston Space Center, you still run into astronauts (mostly shuttle or ISS), and they often pop in on tours. My daughter met an astronaut that had been on the ISS for six months when we took her to the John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi/Louisiana.

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Well, to be honest, between main and supporting characters, I've already got 40, which is already pushing it. I'm not sure how to fit in someone new.

However, Obney is an interesting and very Kerbin sounding name, so I'm thinking I may be able to give you a cameo, so to speak, in the next chapter.

The name is from the generator, he is a pilot.

Just now, obney kerman said:

The name is from the generator, he is a pilot.

Perfect... he will be making an appearance in the next chapter... :wink:

7 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I was just a typical kid... NASA was what I wanted to do and be a part of. Just like some kids want to be sports players and can quote baseball stats all day long, my mind was bent on space... :D

Even today, if you go to Houston Space Center, you still run into astronauts (mostly shuttle or ISS), and they often pop in on tours. My daughter met an astronaut that had been on the ISS for six months when we took her to the John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi/Louisiana.

I've been to NASA here in FLA, not Houston. Never got to meet an astronaut. That would be SO cool!