The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

12 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Texture replacer? Most everything is already available on the TR page OP, but I'd have to take a look and then make a list of what came from where. Some of the faces, especially the gray hair, I did, and a few of the suits, but the rest came from the TR page.

I'm a total idiot when it comes to TR... or any other recolor mod... 

And I'm sure others are as well.

11 hours ago, obney kerman said:

I facepalmed when Samantha tried "negotiation".

Well, she is the Grand Kerbal, and they are wise and ancient, so it's the first thing she'd try.

But they are a 'bit' sorta not really aggressive, so maybe it might not work.

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

hanger.

*hangar

Just got a chance to gleam over the latest chapter. Looks great and the little bit I read was pretty good. I'll have to really read it and the previous chapters when I get the chance.

5 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

I'm a total idiot when it comes to TR... or any other recolor mod... 

And I'm sure others are as well.

Ahhh. OK, this is an older version, but basically there are folders in the mod for suits, faces, skyboxes... and a couple other things I can't recall off-hand. Most of these I downloaded straight from the TR thread... but for a few, like Bruberry's grey hair, I went and used Photoshop to change the color and darken it up a bit. It's not that hard once you get the hang of it.

12 hours ago, obney kerman said:

I facepalmed when Samantha tried "negotiation".

Yeah... as far as Sam... I had half a dozen different ideas how to handle her, but in the end I decided instead of coming in breathing fire and brimstone, I'd do the exact opposite, and drown everyone in honey and sugar... and after rolling it around in my head a bit, I decided to (loosely) base her on... well...

Her:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

The one where they find Bruberry.

Oh, OK... found it, thanks!

Normally it's not really polite to point out typo's.... But this is an exception, and I really do appreciate the help.

Thanks everyone.  :D

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah... as far as Sam... I had half a dozen different ideas how to handle her, but in the end I decided instead of coming in breathing fire and brimstone, I'd do the exact opposite, and drown everyone in honey and sugar... and after rolling it around in my head a bit, I decided to (loosely) base her on... well...

Her:

Reveal hidden contents

:D

Total fan.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:27 PM, DeltaDizzy said:

The whole "The Kraken has psychic tentacles" thing, reminded me of something id seen on twitch recently...

and some video of it in Action:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LI6NL_4O8YQNAXgW4PPpomFoHBkUBpmS/view

(Yes Im a huge nerd, no need to remind me)

This is cool! And similar to what I'm thinking, yes!

My idea behind the Kraken mind, and "thought tentacles" comes from the fact cephalopods have 8 brains... in a matter of speaking. They have like a central brain, and 8 nerve stalks... I guess that's a good word... each going to a large brain node at the top of each tentacle. So in a sense each tentacle has it's own brain, and each can act independently from each other.

Now this is a badly over-simplified explanation, but should suffice... because my thinking is if Krakens evolved this kind of brain structure... why not evolve a mind to match? With 8 separate minds... or thought tentacles... or whatever, surrounding a core mind. This would make then much harder to kill, and explain how the handmaiden could possess more than one victim at a time... although it now appears she was exceptionally talented at possession.

This is also why it took the combined efforts of 6 Laytheans, plus Emiko and Chibi... to take one down. When Thompberry hit them with that last burst of power... it was like mentally ripping the legs off a spider... yucchhh... After that the core mind was finally vulnerable. 

2 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Actually, just @obney kerman's

OK... I honestly don't remember who said what... or suggested what. I just jotted everything down and tried to tie them all in... like how to make a "Darth Samantha" entrance believable, but also have the ramp, and steam cloud, and red lights like every wanted... 

As for Obney's character, I wanted to do more with him in the last chapter, but I didn't want it to appear like he was a third wheel around Kerenna and Gene, so to speak... So I decided even though he's a younger Kerb, in this chapter he's wise enough to know when to stay out of the way... :wink:

51 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

He means me, and yes, that's what I would know to do.

50 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

@obney kerman I still feel insulted at him thinking younger Kerb's don't know when to stay out of the way.

I'm sorry... no insult intended. Just a bad choice of words... Perhaps "Inexperienced" would be better... and please let me elaborate on that.

First off, I only mean the story character(s), not real life. I don't know y'all to be able to do that. But in the story, at least as far as i can remember, Obney has never had any interest in a relationship... the only woman in his future, as far as he's concerned, is the first ship he commands... whatever her name ends up being. Obney is the perfect cadet, the head of the class, and is laser focused on just that... 

In many sci-fi stories, these characters usually don't get it when it comes to love and relationships and all that... quite a lot of characters, actually. And they make for some really comical scenes... 

But despite not seeming to have much experience, Obney seems to get it... that's what I meant.

As far as being younger... you're right... I know many folk my own age that can't take a hint... So again, no insult intended. I should have phrased it better.

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I'm sorry... no insult intended. Just a bad choice of words... Perhaps "Inexperienced" would be better... and please let me elaborate on that.

I don't mind.

That's a lie.

But I don't mind being called inexperienced.

33 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

An EMH, eh? Somehow I knew that what this story needed was more Voyager references. @Just Jim, I seriously hope that the EMH becomes a running joke. I need more Voyager in my life.

Don't worry, the EMH is better than the EMH. 

It's multipurpose!

4 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

I don't mind.

That's a lie.

But I don't mind being called inexperienced.

Wait... I'm starting to get confused, and annoyed... I wasn't talking about you to begin with... How did this become about you?  And how did I lie??? 

What are you talking about???

I'm talking about Obney... the character Obney,

NOT YOU!!!

38 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

An EMH, eh? Somehow I knew that what this story needed was more Voyager references. @Just Jim, I seriously hope that the EMH becomes a running joke. I need more Voyager in my life.

Credit where credit is due...

Blame @Angel-125 hehehe... :sticktongue:

Actually, I've been rolling the idea around in my head for a while how to work that into the story somehow, and I've got a couple ideas that might work... 

31 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Wait... I'm starting to get confused, and annoyed... I wasn't talking about you to begin with... How did this become about you?  And how did I lie??? 

What are you talking about???

I'm talking about Obney... the character Obney,

NOT YOU!!!

hehehe...

Sorry. 

was the one who lied.

just took offense at something else, I guess.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:25 PM, Just Jim said:

Her eyes... HER EYES!!!

:D;)

Speaking of which...

On 7/27/2018 at 4:25 PM, Just Jim said:

RZPDFN4.png

No

Love how the mood lighting here really brings out the natural red in her eyes. :sticktongue:

18 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I decided to (loosely) base her on... well...

Her:

97d.gif

Quite literally. 

But a wonderful bit of bait-&-switch here. Poor Samantha, pity she didn’t know the best course of action when meeting a strange Kraken is to punch it in the face to establish dominance. :P still better than being dragged off into the woods by shifty centaurs, tho. Maybe. 

7 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Or mix it up:

”Please state the nature of the piloting emergency.”

”Oh God, oh God, we’re all gonna die?”

Edited by CatastrophicFailure