Planet Ideas And Names For The Future Of Kerbal Space Program

Dead Pixel

A blue gas giant with a moon called Panadora which is an exoplanet(moon). Also another gas giant like Saturn but with a ring of asteroids. A real asteroid let between Duna and Jool would be nice. And a comet too.

I'd like to see a high-gravity moon in a very low orbit around perhaps Jool, which would allow us to play with very significant gravity assists.

Currently gravity assists are usually not worth the effort. (You tend to spend more dV because of being restricted to a certain window)

I'd like to see a high-gravity moon in a very low orbit around perhaps Jool, which would allow us to play with very significant gravity assists.

Currently gravity assists are usually not worth the effort. (You tend to spend more dV because of being restricted to a certain window)

Why, why do people suggest adding more in the inner systems?

I'd like one of the 4 gas giant to pe a Purple/Dark Pink planet that is just slightly smaller than Jool and is on a very tilted axis like Uranus and therefore has rings in a polar orbit as opposed to an equatorial orbit.

It's name would be Kratos and would have 3 moons: Kion, Pavatal and Maptaxta.

The moons would generally be icy worlds with some cryo activity on the surface, similar of that which is going to be implemented into Eeloo. The moons would be such icy worlds due to Kratos being either the 3rd or 4th gas giant, therefore meaning it would be very far from Kerbol.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like Kerbol system to remain without all the funny planets/moons and resemble our own.

For other star systems I'd like too see all the insanity that is possible - brown dwarfs, gas giants orbiting close to the star, planets thrown out of the star system and going through space on their own, stars with no planets at all but a couple of big asteroids (would be a real disappointment getting there, hah), a big and relatively stable red dwarf with a tidaly locked planet, etc.

But it's just a wishful thinking :)

I'd like Kerbol system to remain without all the funny planets/moons and resemble our own.

For other star systems I'd like too see all the insanity that is possible - brown dwarfs, gas giants orbiting close to the star, planets thrown out of the star system and going through space on their own, stars with no planets at all but a couple of big asteroids (would be a real disappointment getting there, hah), a big and relatively stable red dwarf with a tidaly locked planet, etc.

But it's just a wishful thinking :)

Finally, a person who is actually sane.

Edited by DJEN

In the Kerbol system, I would like to see :

Closer to the sun than Moho : a tidally locked planet about the size of Moho or the Mün, so it would be like an eyeball of lava with the superheated sunnyside with rivers of lava running to the dark side. Possibly a presence of a very thin atmosphère mainly made of solar wind particles.

An asteroid belt, Dres would be in the middle obviously.

A ringed gaz giant a bit smaller than Jool, with a proper Titan-like moon ( Duna sized, very thick atmoshpère ), Eeloo also swapped at a moon of its planet, a Mimas-like moon ( for the Death Star look :P ) then other minor moons like Pol and Bop for Jool.

An ice giant like Uranus or Neptune with a bunch of iced moons.

An exterior belt with few minor planets and beyond that a "Super-Pluto" planet, very inclined plane, very excentric orbit, pretty big and massive > or = to Kerbin, pretty Tylo looking in fact, there would be no atmosphere because it is so cold and far away from the sun that every elements would be in a liquid or solid state.

In the Kerbol system, I would like to see :

Closer to the sun than Moho : a tidally locked planet about the size of Moho or the Mün, so it would be like an eyeball of lava with the superheated sunnyside with rivers of lava running to the dark side. Possibly a presence of a very thin atmosphère mainly made of solar wind particles.

An asteroid belt, Dres would be in the middle obviously.

A ringed gaz giant a bit smaller than Jool, with a proper Titan-like moon ( Duna sized, very thick atmoshpère ), Eeloo also swapped at a moon of its planet, a Mimas-like moon ( for the Death Star look :P ) then other minor moons like Pol and Bop for Jool.

An ice giant like Uranus or Neptune with a bunch of iced moons.

An exterior belt with few minor planets and beyond that a "Super-Pluto" planet, very inclined plane, very excentric orbit, pretty big and massive > or = to Kerbin, pretty Tylo looking in fact, there would be no atmosphere because it is so cold and far away from the sun that every elements would be in a liquid or solid state.

Nice, quite interesting.

ASTEROID BELT aka... a bunch of tiny gillys! with 3m soi and a 1 m diameter! (note: soi entrance will not appear on map) that break when hit with fuel tanks and csn be pushed around, and some are not in a belt!

Now this is very absurd!

Before we even make new planets, FIX THE OCEANS. Thank you.

But if we did have a new planet, it would have to be the planet named "Xubol" which is described in "A Kerbal's Guide to our solar system" by NovaSilisko. According to NovaSilisko, it is a ball of molten sand and salt and is the closest planet to the Sun. Its radius is 200 km and it's surface gravity is 0.2 g's.

So if it's molten then it would be composed of lava with sandy landscapes. I personally think that it should be tidally locked and should have a superheated atmosphere as well.

But if we did have a new planet, it would have to be the planet named "Xubol" which is described in "A Kerbal's Guide to our solar system" by NovaSilisko. According to NovaSilisko, it is a ball of molten sand and salt and is the closest planet to the Sun. Its radius is 200 km and it's surface gravity is 0.2 g's.

So if it's molten then it would be composed of lava with sandy landscapes. I personally think that it should be tidally locked and should have a superheated atmosphere as well.

Ugh, stop adding stuff to the inner systems.

Seriously, this is getting old. Add stuff at other systems.

What I'd like to see once ressources are implemented, is a Titan-esque planet or moon, with an atmosphere of a Methane-like gas that can be used for fuel using an airscoop and oxidizer, or kethane even...that has no solid land at all.

A whole new galaxy to explore!! Of course, you'd probably need to actually discover and map out the area first (like send out a few unmanned probes or something), and when you map out a few of the planets (or all) you need to send down some kerbals or probes to do some experiments to find a 'kerbalworthy' planet. When you find the planet (randomly generated each save), you need to send over some parts so you can the build a space centre, so that you can build some ships there. But with this space centre, you'd need to send out fuel, oxidiser, parts, etc. so you can actually fly. Suggestions!!! :D

What could possibly be better than a planet with rings like Saturn, and some tiny moons inside those rings?

I can see it now, gazing past the epic space clouds while making my descent toward the low orbit moons (preferably at the pole for best view) or the planet itself. :)

What could possibly be better than a planet with rings like Saturn, and some tiny moons within those rings?

I can see it now, gazing past the epic space rings while making my descent toward one of the moons (preferably landing near one of the poles for best view) or the planet itself.

Binary planet system: Mimine and Lamus.

Located around the orbit of Eeloo, when the dwarf planet is moved to a new gas giant's collection.

LAMUS

Lamus is a planet somewhere near the size of Laythe. It is able to hold onto an atmosphere, although thin.

Lamus is described as a blueish grey, slightly paler than vall. Much geological activity occurs, partially caused by Mimine's close proximity.

The activity refreshes the surface from a cratered surface like Mimine's.

Elevation changes similar to that of Minmus, but without the lakes. Just deep depressions.

Pluto Analog

MIMINE

A little more massive and larger than Vall, the chaotic (in RP :P) moon of Mimine is identical to Moho in that it is heavily cratered, and has a slightly brown tint.

Elevation changes are again similar to Moho. (Actually, make it a very slight brown tint. Make it closer to the color of Tylo.

Charon analog

POSSIBLE SMALL MOON

Not much information here. Just found how similar the two planets described above were to the Pluto system.

A grey Bop, perhaps.

Nix/Hydra analog

MIjLkpp.png

Finally got something small together to visualize my idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.