Planet Ideas And Names For The Future Of Kerbal Space Program

Dead Pixel

Or a captured planet from either deep space (rouge planet) or from another star system that got too close.

tNMRtlp.png

By the way, the word you meant is "rogue". Just had to do this joke, though :P

I think it would be pretty cool if they made a tidally-locked planet in the habitable zone of a star (not necessarily Kerbol). You'd have a blasted desert on one side and a frozen wasteland on the other side, and a thin strip of lush landscape at the borders between the two.

I think it would be pretty cool if they made a tidally-locked planet in the habitable zone of a star (not necessarily Kerbol). You'd have a blasted desert on one side and a frozen wasteland on the other side, and a thin strip of lush landscape at the borders between the two.

didn't the Kepler telescope recently discover a planet like this? I think it was about a month ago that the news was making the rounds.

didn't the Kepler telescope recently discover a planet like this? I think it was about a month ago that the news was making the rounds.

Kepler 10b iirc.

A Jovian planet or two would be awesome. They could also move Jool and Eloo out to mirror Uranus and Pluto and put the gas giants in where the gap between Jool and Duna. Also, if comets and meteors get implemented

then the inner most gas giant could act as a comet catcher which could lead to a career mode mission where you have to build an observation platform to watch a Shoemaker-Levy 9 style event...

Imagine being able to take photos like this in Kerbal...

komeet2.gif

Please Squad: Cameras, Comets and Jovians! You know you want to :wink:

I like to see 2 large gaseous planets, both ringed, one like Saturn, the other like Uranus with tilted rotation axis of 80-90 degree respect to orbital plane to kerbol.

"Super-Titan."

Intended as the most difficult body in the game. Orbits furtherest out from the sun. Has around five times the gravity of kerbin and a thick enough atmosphere that landings without the ship consisting around 90% of struts are only posible on mountaintops due to pressure. Highly armored bathysphere-ships might be able to explore the lowlands but even so, plenty of the planet could only be surveyed from the air with any non-cheat-modded ship being squished by the atmospheric pressure. Lots of huge, eroded mesas surrounded by dramatic seas of liquid methane. The challenges are as follows:

• Furthest from sun, difficult to get there.

• High gravity, makes accent back to orbit difficult.

• Thick atmosphere crushes ships apart from in the mountain ranges.

Comet

A tiny rock-and-ice lump, smaller than Pol. Has a highly elliptical orbit which takes it out past Jool, than inside Eve's orbit. Surface conditions change depending on the stage of its orbit. When near the sun it develops an atmosphere and a tail of particle effects. When far from the sun it's just another Pol-like lump of rock.

I would like to see a 99% oceanic planets, with tiny polar ice caps, and there should be special float parts just for landing here. The should be a oxygen atmosphere and maybe one or two tiny islands. Think Laythe, but with even less land. Its orbit should be in between Kerbin and Dres.

There should be a tidally locked planet super close to Kerbol that has a massive Mimas style crater is filled with lava and lava lakes on the sun facing side. The side facing the other way is a frozen waste land. The light from the lava should power solar, for INSANE power generation!

Personally, I think Jool should be the Saturn or Neptune analog. By the way, earlier in the thread I recall someone mentioning a black or brown gas giant? Brown would actually look quite cool, in my opinion. I'm too lazy to look back to see who brought up the idea.

Like this one?

fvhje9.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.