Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

@Dman979, @ZooNamedGames, @CliftonM, @Ethan3369 and others:

I have an idea about the logo for the mission... If @Ethan3369 is fine with the current image and upon concurrence with @ZooNamedGames, providing the Kerbalnaut remains the same, let us just leave the mission patch as it currently is. Now, in the event that Ethan3369 doesn't like it, I will change the image with the final image being approved upon acceptance by both Ethan3369 AND ZooNamedGames.

According to the research I've done, mission images were designed by NASA's graphic arts department using suggestions made by the astronaut flight crew and approval of the design by the flight director AND the mission commander (which would be in our case Ethan3369 and ZooNamedGames). I would like to keep my function as close to the NASA role for manned flight as possible... so with that said, what do you all think?

Unmanned mission graphics would be upon the suggestions of the mission control team and flight director, with the flight director being the approval authority (much like we have been doing and would require no changes on our part).

Edited by adsii1970

@ILikeIke: Just for the record, there is no issue. I had mentioned before about if the last mission was scrubbed I was going to redesign the art for the mission. Since that post, I began doing some research to determine how NASA determined mission graphics.  And since this is the RSP, I decided that since @ZooNamedGames was trying to keep it realistic on HIS end, I would do that as well for my part.  

Twitch channel building is just about done.  I just need to add a few new things to NightBot, and add moderators.  I'm going to begin making the video of just our conversation with NathanKell during the stream.  All of the bits of the video have been uploaded to my YouTube, too.

12 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Ooops, you got me there. I screwed up my engines and LVs.  :blush:

I meant the Delta II. Most of the specifications are on Wikipedia. Max payload to 28 deg 180x180km LEO is 6 tonnes. Please try to keep the partcount low, we're all running a lot of mods as it is. Also, it should be made in 1.05. We're not using 1.1 yet until all the mods have been updated.

We'll be sure to credit you when we use your LV. A warning, though- it might be a while in the future.

Alright then. I'll try my best. I haven't tried to recreate a Delta II before, so this may be new to me.

Also, I have my eye on the "Launchers Pack". Its quite a good mod that replicates real spacecraft. Not sure if you guys have it or not so I just need to confirm. If not, then I might use Real Scale Boosters.

I'm going to officially say this aloud so there's no wondering why I've become silent.
RSP has taken a significant stress toll on my life and even though I want with all of the fiber of my being to see this be successful, there's only so much one guy can take. I feel that I am ignoring family and friends in preference for the program. This normally wouldn't be a problem but with my life where it is, I'm left in a hard place and one thing has to give.
So for the next week or two I am going to step down from FD of the program and divide the power up into three management groups. There will be kOS Lead Dec, Booster Lead Dev, and MC Director. The kOS Lead Developer will manage any aspect relating to coding for any mission or launch vehicle. The Booster Lead Dev will manage the selection of what vehicles are used and in what configuration. The Mission Control Director will manage all flight controller positions and mission specific details out the realm of the two other roles.
This is split powers with each of the three having to agree on decisions before executing them. The people for these roles are: EladDv for kOS Lead Developer, D C for Booster Lead Developer and ILikeIke for Mission Control Director.
I'll still be around if there's anything you need to ask, but aim your questions to these three if at all possible.

Thanks for making RSP awesome and I hope these next few weeks are productive for you all :) . I'm sorry to go like this, but I need the break.

@ZooNamedGames - It's sad that you have to step down, but I know that you've thought this over quite a bit.  I trust you'll still be able to update the OP, etc., right?

Also, to any management, I'd like to request the addition of a Public Affairs group for management of chat, and the stream.  This is how it would be broken down:

Me - PAO - Runs the stream
@adsii1970 - Graphics - Works with me and others, can be contacted by others, too
Any others that work in the department of it:
Maybe @Hysterrics because he runs the Reddit, and those who can moderate chat.  People in this area will also be granted permission to the Twitch and the YouTube account I'm putting together.

Thoughts?

Edited by Guest

@CliftonM: Real Space Program has an agreement with the graphic arts department of Kersplat Aerospace Industries. Our agreement states we can produce artwork and provide non-essential missio...

YgHZ4OK.png

No, seriously, all I do for the group is the graphics. I'm not exactly mission essential to Real Space Program. You all do the real work - and it takes a lot of effort to set the entire mission portfolio up. It takes effort to make sure all the mods work, that everyone is using the same mod packs, to try and fix errors and mistakes before and during the launch... Again, I don't need the spotlight - but you, @Dman979, @SpaceplaneAddict, @ZooNamedGames, and many others do. Enjoy the moments you're making real.

@CliftonM go ahead with that on my authority as the mission control director. I would appreciate it if you could set it up in skype and let me in on it (just so I know what's going on). Also what's your availability for another Scorpius Solaris launch attempt on May 8 at 20:00 UTC?

@adsii1970 please please please don't get the thread locked for crossing the line into role play :) because that's not what we're about. Seriously though, thanks for the kind compliment you just paid the entire team!

2 hours ago, ILikeIke said:

@CliftonM go ahead with that on my authority as the mission control director. I would appreciate it if you could set it up in skype and let me in on it (just so I know what's going on). Also what's your availability for another Scorpius Solaris launch attempt on May 8 at 20:00 UTC?

I'll get right on it.

I'm go for that date/time.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, ILikeIke said:

@CliftonM

@adsii1970 please please please don't get the thread locked for crossing the line into role play :) because that's not what we're about. Seriously though, thanks for the kind compliment you just paid the entire team!

No, my comment should not get this thread locked by the moderators as all the moderators know about this thread and what I do. If anything, I will rack up another forum rules violation warning/infraction points awarded - if my post were actually seen as being role play by one of the moderators. They would not punish the whole thread if I were indeed that stupid... Just sayin'

And I don't need kudos for doing graphics. My post was an attempt to interject some humor into my "recognition not needed" speech. As a part of who I am, I always use a bit of humor to deal with difficult situations, as was my attempt to do so here. I am a little perturbed that you think I do not know the difference between humor/satire and role play. :huh:

Edited by adsii1970

Oh, this is interesting news. Sorry to see you go Zoo. :/

Anyway, I could make a great mastermind for handling all of the social aspects of the stuff we do. You tell me what position you want me in, I'll do it. (So long as said position doesn't require good internet and a microphone)
Thank you for your contribution to this program. You may have started something big in the future. Is anyone thinking of becoming the new FD?
I could make the new OP to run as the FD leaves. I consider myself to be good with formatting and I have the freetime to run it.

Striked out because Zoo is not completley out of the program.

As my last statement, things are certainly changing around here. I expect there's going to be a change in how things work. I suggested this as a proposal to make things more professional.

Edited by Hysterrics

On 4/27/2016 at 11:54 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

I'm going to officially say this aloud so there's no wondering why I've become silent.
RSP has taken a significant stress toll on my life and even though I want with all of the fiber of my being to see this be successful, there's only so much one guy can take. I feel that I am ignoring family and friends in preference for the program. This normally wouldn't be a problem but with my life where it is, I'm left in a hard place and one thing has to give.
So for the next week or two I am going to step down from FD of the program and divide the power up into three management groups. There will be kOS Lead Dec, Booster Lead Dev, and MC Director. The kOS Lead Developer will manage any aspect relating to coding for any mission or launch vehicle. The Booster Lead Dev will manage the selection of what vehicles are used and in what configuration. The Mission Control Director will manage all flight controller positions and mission specific details out the realm of the two other roles.
This is split powers with each of the three having to agree on decisions before executing them. The people for these roles are: EladDv for kOS Lead Developer, D C for Booster Lead Developer and ILikeIke for Mission Control Director.
I'll still be around if there's anything you need to ask, but aim your questions to these three if at all possible.

Thanks for making RSP awesome and I hope these next few weeks are productive for you all :) . I'm sorry to go like this, but I need the break.

Take it easy man. It makes no sense to burn yourself out for this. Life happens.:)

Elad, Dman, and Ike: PM me if you need help with anything. Zoo and I discussed my participation in future missions, and basically I can do anything you need other than art. If you have a hole in the roster, I can fill it. Just tell me what is required.

kmMango

Edited by kmMango
Added Name

31 minutes ago, kmMango said:

Take it easy man. It makes no sense to burn yourself out for this. Life happens.:)

Elad, Dman979, and Ike: PM me if you need help with anything. Zoo and I discussed my participation in future missions, and basically I can do anything you need other than art. If you have a hole in the roster, I can fill it. Just tell me what is required.

kmMango

Appreciate it, man.

BTW, the two capital letters are not my forum name, and I'd appreciate it if you and @ZooNamedGames changed it to Dman979. :)

Edited by Dman979

Next week, once final exams have been graded and grades posted, I will be moving the Apollo Recreation Images to the Image repository.  Once this is done, you'll be able to find nearly all my images in one convenient place on the forum. If you need a direct link to this (Real Space Program) image collection, just click the button in my signature.

If you need a specific image for RSP, simply tag me in a post and explain what you want... and I will get it to you as soon as I can.

Cheers...

On April 27, 2016 at 11:54 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

Sorry to hear that. Family and life should always come before games. I respect your decision. Take it easy man. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.