[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

On 7/6/2017 at 0:27 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm?

I asked him on the last page what engines he was using that weren't producing any smoke. Can anyone confirm that these are smokeless engines? I know they exist, but I don't know which ones they are or how to ID them

I cant figure out why but this mod is no longer working for me.. at all. It's like I haven't installed it, but I definitely have. I've tried redownloading from all sources of the mod, extracted the files, placed the contents of the gamedata folder into my KSP gamedata folder, all 4 components are moved successfully (the three folders and MM). As far as I can tell, all the files moved too..

The annoying thing is, I've had the mod working many times before, and recently too. Also, the description added to engine parts in-game is missing too, like i said its as if its not even in the gamedata folder. But it is Kod Damn it!

4 minutes ago, MR L A said:

I cant figure out why but this mod is no longer working for me.. at all. It's like I haven't installed it, but I definitely have. I've tried redownloading from all sources of the mod, extracted the files, placed the contents of the gamedata folder into my KSP gamedata folder, all 4 components are moved successfully (the three folders and MM). As far as I can tell, all the files moved too..

The annoying thing is, I've had the mod working many times before, and recently too. Also, the description added to engine parts in-game is missing too, like i said its as if its not even in the gamedata folder. But it is Kod Damn it!

Post logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. You are likely missing a dependency or have an outdated one

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Post logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. You are likely missing a dependency or have an outdated one

How do i get a log? No lumberjack jokes please!

I've been having some visual oddities with RealFuels + certain engines in Ven's and other mods. Main ones that come to mind are hypergolic upper stage engines, such as the Poodle, Terrier, the radial mini engine (Ant or Spider? Can't keep track of which is which), and so on... The plumes are coming from what seems to be the engine's attachment node, not the engine bell, and they're really big. It looks rather like my fuel tanks are venting blue fire out the back D:

Also, I didn't think that hypergolics all burned bright blue... I'm no rocket scientist, though. (Actually, just watched a video - NTO + dimethylhydrazine/Aerozine 50 makes a normal-looking orange flame if anything)

Smaller issue, SpaceY engines look like they're burning kerosene even if methane or hydrogen is selected as their fuel.

Edited by Ithirahad

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

And an axe..

h58NQGm.png

There's my data folder.. I removed all other mods (KAC, KER, Chatterer and ScanSat - I would have been surprised if any of those caused conflicts tbf).

Also, can I share the output log with you via google drive?  

If so, here's the shareable link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_aq0uDM5LNZbmgzSXJBYXRoSnM/view?usp=sharing

Edited by MR L A
added link

9 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@MR L A Use the 2.8.1 version of Module Manager, the 2.7.5 version is KSP 1.2 only.

Offtopic: it would be better not to mod your Steam installation. Copy a fresh KSP install somewhere else and mod that instance.

MM updated fixed the issue, cheers!

Also, why does it matter which instance I mod? That's a genuine question, not meant to sound narky haha :D

@MR L A Let's assume that you have a modded KSP 1.3 install, managed via Steam. Everything will be cool and dandy until the next version (let's assume that is KSP 1.4) is released. Depending on your Steam settings:

• KSP will be automatically updated to the next version, probably without you even noticing it
  • KSP will be updated at some point manually, leaving behind files that may conflict with the new ones (the KSP 1.1.3 --> KSP 1.2 update did that)

Then, you will launch KSP, expecting to continue your favorite career or sandbox game, only to be greeted by a mess. Chaos will ensure...

14 hours ago, Ithirahad said:

I've been having some visual oddities with RealFuels + certain engines in Ven's and other mods. Main ones that come to mind are hypergolic upper stage engines, such as the Poodle, Terrier, the radial mini engine (Ant or Spider? Can't keep track of which is which), and so on... The plumes are coming from what seems to be the engine's attachment node, not the engine bell, and they're really big. It looks rather like my fuel tanks are venting blue fire out the back D:

Also, I didn't think that hypergolics all burned bright blue... I'm no rocket scientist, though. (Actually, just watched a video - NTO + dimethylhydrazine/Aerozine 50 makes a normal-looking orange flame if anything)

Smaller issue, SpaceY engines look like they're burning kerosene even if methane or hydrogen is selected as their fuel.

I know, I'm in the slow slow slow process of updating all the configs. You can follow it's development through the link in the OP. It's taking me awhile because I find a hard time sitting down and working on them as it's a tedious and semi-boring process. I'm trying my hardest to update them all but it is A LOT of them :) 

1 hour ago, Phineas Freak said:

@MR L A Let's assume that you have a modded KSP 1.3 install, managed via Steam. Everything will be cool and dandy until the next version (let's assume that is KSP 1.4) is released. Depending on your Steam settings:

• KSP will be automatically updated to the next version, probably without you even noticing it
  • KSP will be updated at some point manually, leaving behind files that may conflict with the new ones (the KSP 1.1.3 --> KSP 1.2 update did that)

Then, you will launch KSP, expecting to continue your favorite career or sandbox game, only to be greeted by a mess. Chaos will ensure...

Wouldn't it be simpler just to turn off auto-updates for the game in steam rather than moving folders about and junk?

11 minutes ago, MR L A said:

Wouldn't it be simpler just to turn off auto-updates for the game in steam rather than moving folders about and junk?

Yeah, though if you try to launch the game via steam it will only run it if you let it update. But you can turn off auto-update, and run the game directly from the exe.

I'm a little confused on how to edit a config. I've got the smokescreen tool bar open at the launch pad and I got the plume the way I wanted, BUT I want to make a duplicate of this part with these configurations, without changing the original part. Can anybody help?

Edited by blorgon

7 hours ago, blorgon said:

I'm a little confused on how to edit a config. I've got the smokescreen tool bar open at the launch pad and I got the plume the way I wanted, BUT I want to make a duplicate of this part with these configurations, without changing the original part. Can anybody help?

Did you check out the wiki page?

On 7/10/2017 at 0:50 PM, blorgon said:

Copying parts sounds like a job for Module Manager. Its a little tricky if you haven't used it before but there are lots of good examples out there.

--------------------

Welcome to the forums @S.coverlive, to the best of my knowledge the tweakscale mod does not interact with this mod, is it supposed to?

On 7/13/2017 at 7:12 AM, S.coverlive said:

When i scale one engine with Tweak Scale mod from 2.5m to 3.5m for example the plume and the flare in both are the same size can you help?

This is a known issue and is a limitation of smokescreen.