Challenge: Build a mini-Space Shuttle

Triop

22 hours ago, Triop said:

OMK :lol: You are totally right ! ! !

I didn't see that :blush:

What should I do...disqualify @Mikki or let you in ? ^_^

Well the Hermes like Shuttle must be considered as not maxi, much mini...:wink: quite large yes.

I don't quite understand what mean the "mini" Shuttle . It needs to be similar to a real prototype and be mini? Or is it just that small in size Shuttle, taking off and landing?

So...in 2015 I did stock mobile launch (in the russian style ;)  why? - i just love mobile launch system), solid-fueled mini-Shuttle for 2 kerbals flight around planet.

(sorry for long video and my bad english)

4 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

I don't quite understand what mean the "mini" Shuttle . It needs to be similar to a real prototype and be mini? Or is it just that small in size Shuttle, taking off and landing?

So...in 2015 I did stock mobile launch (in the russian style ;)  why? - i just love mobile launch system), solid-fueled mini-Shuttle for 2 kerbals flight around planet.

(sorry for long video and my bad english)

Hello Russia, Netherlands here. ^_^ Your shuttle is what I call mini.

Do you have a link to a photo so I can put it up ?

Why didn't I see this before! Perfect time for the original Angrybird! I haven't tried this design in 1.05 yet, but should work out OK. Launch is vertical, on top of a rocket stack with more than the usual number of fins at the back to compensate for all the drag up front. Re-entry is easy too. Reason I don't use them much is because its sister ship, the Nastybird, is much more fun to fly and perhaps more importantly seats six.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.