[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, DDE said:

Hello, guys. I've been looking forward for a KRASH-like solution for a while. However, while thus far I haven't done anything but try to load the simulation, I've already come across a non-mission-critical glitch seen below.

As you may guess, I'm knee-deep in vismods (SVE, Scatterer, Texture Replacer, Planetshine).

91E88BBA2E55251300D35929E201D9D513E6B735

I don't understand,what's the problem?  is it that it is horizontal?  If so, please make sure you are running the latest version

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't understand,what's the problem?  is it that it is horizontal?  If so, please make sure you are running the latest version

Downloaded yesterday.

It's that the ocean has followed me into Low Kerbin Orbit. As well as Low Mun Orbit.

Just now, DDE said:

Downloaded yesterday.

It's that the ocean has followed me into Low Kerbin Orbit. As well as Low Mun Orbit.

I need your log file so I can see what other mods you are using.  

There must be an incompatibility with one or more of the muds

15 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@DDEknown bug with Scaterrer, affects all mods that can "teleport" crafts (KCT, KRASH, Hyperedit). A workaround is to rebuild the ocean after every craft "teleportation".

As I imagined. Got any step-by-step instructions? I know the Scatterer has a UI, but it's a bit too in-depth for me.

On 6/10/2016 at 5:41 PM, inigma said:

Can you make it so that every time you click on the Launch button in SPH or VAB that you get prompted if you want to run it as a simulation? Or is this already a setting I'm missing?

I could, but won't.  That would involve taking over the Launch button, which the original Holodeck did, and was very problematic.  

Sorry

Log for you here.

Recovered active vessel on launch pad using KCT. KRASH proceeded to generate a few thousand of the below NRE's. It locked me out of going to vessels in the observatory and persisted through switching to the VAB...and it followed me out to the Main Menu.:0.0:

Cheers.

Update:

Bug seems to have persisted through restart and now prevents me from saving and loading...game seems to think everything is a SIM now.

160619T154942.992 [EXCEPTION] [KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.CalcAndDisplaySimCost] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.CalcAndDisplaySimCost ()
   at KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.DrawGUI ()
   at KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.OnGUI ()

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2016 at 5:04 PM, Filigan said:

This one troubles me. My Simulations keep geting terminatet a couple of seconds after launch, i'm not 100% sure, but maybe this is because the launchclamps get removed. Can you please take a look at this.

This little nuisance asaide i realy like this mod

Please post the save file, and the craft file of the ship you are having a problem with.  Also, I need a copy of the log file.

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you in a career mode?  If so, then you won't see any planets you haven't yet reached (the SOI)

Yeap, I'm in carrer mode, I use the simulator to simulate a rocket to reach the planet  : ) 

Is there a way to remove this "limitation"?

52 minutes ago, dtondo said:

Yeap, I'm in carrer mode, I use the simulator to simulate a rocket to reach the planet  : ) 

Is there a way to remove this "limitation"?

Absolutely!

Wait a day for the next version of KRASH which will have an option to show all bodies in a career game

This is a very exciting mod that I installed today. I think it's perfect because without it I have had to go into sandbox mode to test all of my spacecraft designs that I made in career (which is annoying). 

I used it today and made a simulation and sent a man into high orbit. I then pressed escape to end the simulation but the only option was to go to the space center, so I did. And then I checked this thread and realized that that was not correct and that I should have been given the option to end the simulation when pressing escape.

I am running like 80 mods so it is probably a mod conflict or something but I am just giving you a heads up about this.

I flew much more confidently knowing it was a simulation, however, and I got my man into space with plenty of delta v. Now time to bring him back down, hopefully knowing it's real this time wont make me shaky and get him killed.

Thanks for the mod bro

Edit: Also, the configs aren't saving. I just have an empty area for the configs and saving or making one does nothing. Also, when I go back to the space center from pressing escape on one of the "simulations" then what happens is the "simulation in progress" remains blinking on my screen permanently until I restart. 

I am going to reinstall the mod and see if that makes any difference

Edited by Maltman
more info

Thanks for the awesome mod. I've gotten a lot of use out of it. I do have an issue to report, though.

With the latest KRASH update (0.5.18.0) KRASH seems to have stopped working. Basically, no KRASH button is present on the stock toolbar, or available in blizzy's toolbar. Kerbal Konstruction Time does not recognize KRASH as installed. There is a fair amount of spamming of this in the log: 

Cannot find a Module of typename 'KRASHPersistent'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

ScenarioModule is null.

Not sure if that is relevant though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zi52qv8hbpgaz2/persistent.sfs?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23twp0fmg8sjtkn/output_log - Copy.txt?dl=0

EDIT: Reinstalling the mod resolved the issue, so clearly it was something on my end. Cheers!

Edited by Tokamak

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just released 0.5.18:

Added option to show all bodies in career mode

Awesome! That was really fast : )

Now I will able to test my rockets, fantastic!

I think now the module is complete. I use it (with no cost of simulations) in my career mode to built nice ships without loose my time doing all process :)

Thank you very much!

On 6/6/2016 at 11:50 AM, DDE said:

Downloaded yesterday.

Not going to lie, that looks awesome, even if it is a fail. :)

I'm having an issue with the KRASH configuration. It doesn't seem to be loading any of the configs into the list, instead just setting all the options to 0. I tried manually inputting the default options and saving it, which worked until I restarted KSP, and then it failed to load it back in. It appears to be trying to look in the wrong place for the cfg files. The debug console is spamming this error:

[Warning]: File 'C:/Apps/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/KRASH/PluginData/KRASHCustom.cfg' does not exist

Edit: Ah, I think I found the problem. In Configuration.cs you have:

private static String KRASH_CFG_FILE = KRASH_BASE_FOLDER + "PluginData/KRASH.cfg";
		private static String KRASH_CUSTOM_CFG_FILE = KRASH_BASE_FOLDER + "PluginData/KRASHCustom.cfg";

When in the mod download the PluginData folder doesn't exist, and those two files are just loose in the KRASH folder. After adding a PluginData folder and moving those two configs into it, KRASH was able to find and load the configs. I've submitted a pull request with the references to "PluginData" removed (I think so, at least. I have very little experience with github.).

Edited by SaintWacko

Do you plan to add support for launch sites provided by Kerbin-Side? Simulations in KCT did, and now it's kind of necessary because, without loading the site with a simulation prior the real launch, the game crashes (it's a KCT bug of course)

13 hours ago, SaintWacko said:

I'm having an issue with the KRASH configuration. It doesn't seem to be loading any of the configs into the list, instead just setting all the options to 0. I tried manually inputting the default options and saving it, which worked until I restarted KSP, and then it failed to load it back in. It appears to be trying to look in the wrong place for the cfg files. The debug console is spamming this error:

[Warning]: File 'C:/Apps/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/KRASH/PluginData/KRASHCustom.cfg' does not exist

Edit: Ah, I think I found the problem. In Configuration.cs you have:

private static String KRASH_CFG_FILE = KRASH_BASE_FOLDER + "PluginData/KRASH.cfg";
		private static String KRASH_CUSTOM_CFG_FILE = KRASH_BASE_FOLDER + "PluginData/KRASHCustom.cfg";

When in the mod download the PluginData folder doesn't exist, and those two files are just loose in the KRASH folder. After adding a PluginData folder and moving those two configs into it, KRASH was able to find and load the configs. I've submitted a pull request with the references to "PluginData" removed (I think so, at least. I have very little experience with github.).

I declined this.  The code is correct, the problem was with the build & release.  I just released an update to fix this

4 hours ago, aat said:

Do you plan to add support for launch sites provided by Kerbin-Side? Simulations in KCT did, and now it's kind of necessary because, without loading the site with a simulation prior the real launch, the game crashes (it's a KCT bug of course)

Eventually, but not right away

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I declined this.  The code is correct, the problem was with the build & release.  I just released an update to fix this

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure which way the problem was going, but I was excited to find something I could use to learn github :P