Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

3 hours ago, TeeGee said:

No hype. I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up over a necessary update that will change nothing except performance. 

This upgrade needed to happen, especially if this game is going to continue on consoles. 

Because this paves the way for a LOT of new amazing excrements.

9 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Don't worry! Since we're in metaspace, all of the stations are one station. You can still get on, don't worry!

Glory Be to the Great Kraken and Glory be to the Squad Monkey's...

But you know what you have said is this.... that we are on the Hype train before we even get on... and there is no need to get off because we never got on...

and best of all.... the Hype AND the metaspace means that even now... we have our version 1.1 loaded and we are all playing it....but we are not..... but we are...

Metaspace is really screwed up, sir. We need the intervention of the Time Lords to sort this out for us.

3 hours ago, Temeter said:

No clue what's frankenbox tho, a producer or some mutated laptop?

"Frankenbox" is the common term for a machine cobbled together from parts.

29 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Glory Be to the Great Kraken and Glory be to the Squad Monkey's...

But you know what you have said is this.... that we are on the Hype train before we even get on... and there is no need to get off because we never got on...

and best of all.... the Hype AND the metaspace means that even now... we have our version 1.1 loaded and we are all playing it....but we are not..... but we are...

Metaspace is really screwed up, sir. We need the intervention of the Time Lords to sort this out for us.

Oh dear now I've gone cross-eyed.

5 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Do we already have a schedule for the media release?

Also just saying, would be awesome if we get the prerelease simultaneously with media release. :3

Not yet. Last update it got streamed the weekend and was made available to the public during the following week iirc. But as this is a pre-release things might be different so don't take this for granted.

19 minutes ago, Theysen said:

Not yet. Last update it got streamed the weekend and was made available to the public during the following week iirc. But as this is a pre-release things might be different so don't take this for granted.

Ty. Yeah, I'm kinda just getting false hopes up! :>

I want it so much tho!

Edit: Actually, we can follow the last updates course by the devblogs: 6th media announcement, 7th media release, 9th full release.

Edited by Temeter

Anyone seen anything new on any videos or streams? Last time we got some goodies thrown in we weren't expecting.

I'm going to seem like an ingrate here but so far there really isn't much in 1.1 for me. I have a fast computer and play mostly stock, so it runs fine for me now and almost never crashes, which means 64 bit and multi-threading isn't maybe going to be a big deal for me.

All I have to look forward to is the inflatable heatshield, which, don't get me wrong, is very neat but it's not enough to whip me into a fever of anticipation.   

3 hours ago, Deizelpunk said:

Because this paves the way for a LOT of new amazing excrements.

Sure that was the word you were looking for buddy? :P

Looking forward to the media group videos starting to roll in tomorrow. :)

Edited by Kerano

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

Do we already have a schedule for the media release?

Also just saying, would be awesome if we get the prerelease simultaneously with media release. :3

Kasper stated on Squadcast that available streamers would be streaming 1.1 from Saturday onwards.  May be less content due to the holiday weekend. but there will be streams.

eta: and youtube videos, I believe.

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk

53 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Anyone seen anything new on any videos or streams? Last time we got some goodies thrown in we weren't expecting.

I'm going to seem like an ingrate here but so far there really isn't much in 1.1 for me. I have a fast computer and play mostly stock, so it runs fine for me now and almost never crashes, which means 64 bit and multi-threading isn't maybe going to be a big deal for me.

All I have to look forward to is the inflatable heatshield, which, don't get me wrong, is very neat but it's not enough to whip me into a fever of anticipation.   

Hush now.... most of us don;t have rich parents... in fact, mine are long passed from this existence.

The fact that 1.1 is nothing to do with new features, its modernising the game with Unity 5 meaning ...... well.... it can take us into the future...

With the performance gains and sheer awesomeness of U5, the next version AFTER 1.1 will have all the cool things added to it, that can only be done, possibly, with U5...

The sky is the limit.... imagine worm holes to other solar systems.... or not.... or maybe the HHGTTG famed "impossibility drive".....

KSP 1.0.5 is good.... state of the art... but U4 has done its dash... without the move to U5 ... the game was doomed.... but now.... its not...

Can you now understand why the hype? You say 1.1 has nothing for you? Don't you want the future.... well boy? answer me? :)

1.1 is the stepping stone from what we have now to the awesome future.... FEEL THE HYPE!!!!!! FEEL IT!!!! Damn you.... and then rejoice... and get on the train.

....or get stuck in the past.

1 hour ago, Kerano said:

Sure that was the word you were looking for buddy? :P

Looking forward to the media group videos starting to roll in tomorrow. :)

Yes it was EXACTLY the word I wanted. (used to be <removed>)

Edited by Red Iron Crown

Just watched the Squadcast.  Hype x10.  WANT.  Also, god DANG that connector system EJ had on that drive module.  I need to clean drool off my desk.  My box has less power than that i5 laptop, but holy PANTS that was some smooth kerbin'.  I don't expect miracles, but I can't wait to see how my 700 part megabeasts do.

Who else plans on spending most of Saturday afternoon/night on Twitch?

1 hour ago, Archgeek said:

Just watched the Squadcast.  Hype x10.  WANT.  Also, god DANG that connector system EJ had on that drive module.  I need to clean drool off my desk.  My box has less power than that i5 laptop, but holy PANTS that was some smooth kerbin'.  I don't expect miracles, but I can't wait to see how my 700 part megabeasts do.

Who else plans on spending most of Saturday afternoon/night on Twitch?

Ill be spending the entirety of it either watching twitch or streaming onto twitch via Real Space Program (Which sadly overlaps, and will be during dasvaldez's stream (Please suspend your hype to watch us! Pwease?)