PS4 Release????(July 12)

LTPug

5 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Blatantly? Pray tell what parts are blatantly misrepresenting the game? We can argue over style,  and I will agree that I wouldn't write it like that. But if I had bought the game after reading that introduction I wouldn't feel like I got something different from what was offered.

It makes no reference to the fact that you are in control of the craft you build. It almost sounds like it's a 4X ('puts you in charge of a ... alien race, the Kerbals') where you build rockets that go out and mine, explore, etc. without your direct involvement. Perhaps that's not blatant, but it is still misrepresentation. 

4 hours ago, Robotengineer said:

Are there any strategy games for consoles? I haven't seen a Civ, DF, or EU4 console port. In fact, the majority of major console releases are either FPS's or third person RPG's. (Not that those games aren't available for PC, just that the PC has a more diverse array of genres than consoles.) Imagine if KSP was more like Orbiter and didn't have the 'lolsplosions' factor; it certainly would not get a console port, and the only people who might want a console port are those who already own the game on PC and want to be able to play it on their console. And judging from the description of the game in the PS4 store, 'lolsplosions' is what it's being marketed as.

But that's not the point, I was talking about the behavior of console gamers vs PC gamers, not the type of games released on those systems. Indeed, there I've seen plenty of examples of the usual, childish, petulant, attention seeking behavior in PC only games, strategy games no less that matches anything you see on forums for console only games. Your also dismissing a number of games, which while not exclusively console titles, do take alot of patience. Dark Souls for instance, which was pretty much unplayable on PC without mods. Bloodbourne, which is a PS4 exclusive. Of course all the shared RPGs. 

Also, KSP has always been largely advertised as lolsplosions to an extent, so that's not new to the console advertising. The release clip for 1.00 pretty much just a comedy of errors on launch.. 

Hi,

So after a year of watching people play Kerbal Space Program on the PC, which I sadly didn't have the chance to on my laptop, it has finally arrived to PS4.. However, there is probably a post about this somewhere, but is it coming to Europe at a later date, and if so, when?

5 hours ago, Stains said:

Is Australia going to get KSP when Europe gets it ?

Sony has:

Sony Americas. Serves: 

Spoiler

Argentina

Bolivia

Brazil

Canada (FR)

Canada (EN)

Chile

Colombia

Costa Rica

Dominican Republic

Ecuador

El Salvador

Guatemala

Honduras

Mexico

Nicaragua

Panama

Peru

United States

Sony Europe. Serves: 

Spoiler

Armenia

Austria

Belgium (FR)

Belgium (NL)

Belarus

Bosnia Herzegovina

Bulgaria

Croatia

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

Finland

France

Georgia

Germany

Greece

Hungary

Ireland

Italy

Kazakhstan

Kyrgyzstan

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg (FR)

Luxembourg (DE)

FYRO Macedonia

Montenegro

Moldova

Netherlands

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Russia

Serbia

Slovak Republic

Slovenia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland (DE)

Switzerland (FR)

Tajikistan

Turkey

Turkmenistan

Ukraine

United Kingdom

Uzbekistan

Sony Africa. Serves: 

Spoiler

Algeria (EN)

Algeria (FR)

Angola (EN)

Angola (PT)

Benin (EN)

Benin (FR)

Burkina Faso (EN)

Burkina Faso (FR)

Cameroon (EN)

Cameroon (FR)

Democratic Republic of Congo (EN)

Democratic Republic of Congo (FR)

Egypt (AR)

Egypt (EN)

Ethiopia

Gabon (EN)

Gabon (FR)

Ghana

Ivory Coast (EN)

Ivory Coast (FR)

Kenya

Liberia

Libya (AR)

Libya (EN)

Mauritius (EN)

Mauritius (FR)

Morocco (EN)

Morocco (FR)

Nigeria

Senegal (EN)

Senegal (FR)

South Africa

Tanzania

Tunisia (EN)

Tunisia (FR)

Uganda

Sony Asia. Serves: 

Spoiler

Australia

China

Hong Kong (ZH)

Hong Kong (EN)

India

Indonesia (EN)

Indonesia (ID)

Japan

Korea

Malaysia

New Zealand

Philippines

Singapore

Taiwan (EN)

Taiwan (ZH)

Thailand (TH)

Thailand (EN)

Vietnam

Asia Pacific

Sony Middle East. Serves: 

Spoiler

Bahrain (EN)

Bahrain (AR)

Iraq (AR)

Iraq (EN)

Jordan (AR)

Jordan (EN)

Kuwait (AR)

Kuwait (EN)

Lebanon (AR)

Lebanon (EN)

Oman (AR)

Oman (EN)

Pakistan

Qatar (AR)

Qatar (EN)

Saudi Arabia (AR)

Saudi Arabia (EN)

Syria (AR)

Syria (EN)

United Arab Emirates (AR)

United Arab Emirates (EN)

Yemen (AR)

Yemen (EN)

Middle East (AR)

Middle East (FR)

Middle East (RU)

Middle East (EN)

I don't what divisions have KSP and which ones don't.

What annoyed me was people in europe were not told of the delay until less than 24 hours before it was supposed to be released & no reason was given for it, then it seems that everyone else has it except us ps4 us, Xbox 1 us & Europe & PC world wide. I have been really looking forward to playing this on ps4 as I do not have a PC, I really do hope that we do not have to wait too long.

8 minutes ago, QPDO said:

Which did not stop SQUAD from announcing the PS4 release like it would be coming out in Europe on the same date like in the US.

I think that was the plan, but I believe some technical issue prevented it at the last minute, which is why they can't give a date.

You mean not talking about the actual problem is the best way then? I somehow feel treated like I'm too stupid to understand the intrinsic difficulties of releasing a console port. But somehow it's just an Ubisoft-style mushroom treatment right now.

This failure launch was sad, but for me the worst thing is that Squad is acting like nothing wrong happened, like they dont care about it. We at this moment dont have any explanation and they should apologize for this situation.

About the problem, Adam123ABC reddit user may be on point:

"The probable cause for the EU release delay is this: Sony Entertainment is not one company but three: America, Europe and Japan. To release a game in those regions you need to have it certified with every company. That's where the delay is being created. It's not unheard of for it to be accepted in one region and denied in another.

For example CS:GO (I believe) was massively delayed on the EU stores in comparison to the US one because (presumably) the EU verification found bugs that the US didn't or certain requirements weren't met. There are multiple articles showing the fiasco.

Here's to hoping that we only have to wait a week or two. They're most likely talking to Sony right now however they can't tell us anything due to the many NDA's they've probably signed."

and this guy DaftMav

"SCEE certification is notoriously more strict and they will give zero loves to delay a game if it does not pass their checklist. It could very well be something simple like incorrect game info for how it is listed in the PS Store, or a store or trophy description missing for one of the languages or whatever. SCEA is easier that way, not that many different territories/languages as in Europe."

The deal now is how long will it take to fix this, could be done for the next week but right now i would not bet on that.

On 12/07/2016 at 6:06 PM, LostOblivion said:

This forum section is stricly for grumpy Europeans, not happy Canadians! Please leave! Lol... :-)

That's a bit prejudice don't you think!

On 12/07/2016 at 6:06 PM, LostOblivion said:

This forum section is stricly for grumpy Europeans, not happy Canadians! Please leave! Lol... :-)

That's a bit prejudice don't you think!

On 12/07/2016 at 11:01 PM, Majorjim said:

They don't know mate.. Nice surname BTW. :wink:

Thanks 

On 13.7.2016 at 1:05 AM, Tourist said:

But that's not the point, I was talking about the behavior of console gamers vs PC gamers, not the type of games released on those systems. Indeed, there I've seen plenty of examples of the usual, childish, petulant, attention seeking behavior in PC only games, strategy games no less that matches anything you see on forums for console only games. Your also dismissing a number of games, which while not exclusively console titles, do take alot of patience. Dark Souls for instance, which was pretty much unplayable on PC without mods. Bloodbourne, which is a PS4 exclusive. Of course all the shared RPGs. 

Also, KSP has always been largely advertised as lolsplosions to an extent, so that's not new to the console advertising. The release clip for 1.00 pretty much just a comedy of errors on launch.. 

Strategy games are rare on console because of the controls and UI, they are very mouse dependent and its important to put as much as possible on screen at once.
Note that this hits real time strategy even harder than an game like Civilization as speed and number of action / second is critical. 

The other rare breed is MMO, most is dependent on mouse and lots of keys, chat and lots of info on screen is also important. However they also tend to be very memory intensive, you have to show lots of other players in lots of outfits at any time and this eat memory, original WOW require more ram than PS3 have even if older than PS3. Think Final fantasy and elder scroll online is the only popular ones. You have other massive multiplayer games but they are not open world like real MMO.  
Few console only games there the console owner don't own the developer or franchise, like on pc you also have some games who would not work well with keyboard and mouse. 

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 1:28 PM, pandaman said:

I think that was the plan, but I believe some technical issue prevented it at the last minute, which is why they can't give a date.

"The European launch has been delayed due to a staging mixup.  New boosters are currently being assembled."

On 7/13/2016 at 2:53 PM, gormongus said:

"The probable cause for the EU release delay is this: Sony Entertainment is not one company but three: America, Europe and Japan. To release a game in those regions you need to have it certified with every company. That's where the delay is being created. It's not unheard of for it to be accepted in one region and denied in another.

Squad themselves said this to be true (the actual cause) here. They haven't been completely keeping everyone in the dark.

"We’ve received a lot (a lot!) of questions about the European release for PlayStation 4 as well. Rest assured we’re working on this. The PlayStation is not one single instance, but is divided into three regions: America, Europe and Japan. For a game to release in a certain region it needs to be certified there, regardless of previous certifications. There are further regional differences, but it’s not within the scope of this message to dive into that. We’re working to get the certification to release in Europe, and we thank everyone who has patiently followed the news on this topic. We’ll get KSP to your console as soon as possible, and we'll keep you updated during this process." - Squad

Edited by LaytheDragon

On 7/12/2016 at 1:03 PM, Robotengineer said:

Are there any strategy games for consoles? I haven't seen a Civ, DF, or EU4 console port.

You're making the same mistake PC Gamer magazine's former RPG guy Desslock did.  Looking at the games on the shelves and thinking, because he didn't recognize any titles, that there were no strategy (or RPG games) for consoles.  Consoles have their OWN series, because many of the traditional hexmap strategy game makers are in Europe and are SERIOUSLY console-hostile.  But...Strategy RPG's in particular are fairly popular on consoles. CIV 1 and 2 both got ports, and consoles got their own "good parts without the tedium" version of Civ with Civ: Revolution.  Plus there's games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms and the other Koei games, and there's games like Tropico.

On 7/14/2016 at 0:14 PM, magnemoe said:

Strategy games are rare on console because of the controls and UI, they are very mouse dependent and its important to put as much as possible on screen at once.
Note that this hits real time strategy even harder than an game like Civilization as speed and number of action / second is critical. 

The other rare breed is MMO, most is dependent on mouse and lots of keys, chat and lots of info on screen is also important. However they also tend to be very memory intensive, you have to show lots of other players in lots of outfits at any time and this eat memory, original WOW require more ram than PS3 have even if older than PS3. Think Final fantasy and elder scroll online is the only popular ones. You have other massive multiplayer games but they are not open world like real MMO.  

I wouldn't say rare, rather "uncommon".  RTS games were more common on the PSone than later systems.  Every PSone RTS I own...3 C&C's, Dune 2000 and Warzone 2100 supports the PSone mouse.   Strategy-RPG's are also fairly common.

MMO's also are not rare.  I played my first MMO on the PS2 back in 2003, EQOA, RAM wasn't the issue you think it was.  I also played Final Fantasy XI on the PS2.   They are both traditional MMO's  In fact, WoW is a LOT like EQOA in being an MMORPG for the Masses.

Final Fantasy XIV, DC Universe Online and FreeRealms on the PS3 are also traditional MMO's

And Final Fantasy XIV, Onigiri, DC Universe Online, The Elder Scrolls Online, Neverwinter and soon Trove and Star Trek Online, on the PS4.  All "real MMO's".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.