[1.2.x] Kerbal Hacks (Procedural Parts textures, Asphalt Tiles, Unusual parts, other hacks)

Enceos

Hi Enceos,

Just popped in to say how awesome your Asphalt tiles have been for my bases!

I've been using them (the premade ones) for flat surfaces to build on the Mun. no more base jitter/jump! friggin awesome

THANKS!

DKYmM3X.png

Ioh2Im3.png

Edited by C04L
added pic's

On 06.05.2016 at 4:46 PM, C04L said:

Hi Enceos,

Just popped in to say how awesome your Asphalt tiles have been for my bases!

I've been using them (the premade ones) for flat surfaces to build on the Mun. no more base jitter/jump! friggin awesome

THANKS!

What a lovely outpost! How did you get the launchpad to the Mun? 

r1rhQ0V.png

With duct tape and garden twine ofcourse !!

heh, I made a Lander using the pad as the 'frame'

i0dvGQq.jpg

I made it in the SPH then went to my orbital Construction Station (too heavy +drag to lift from KSC) and used about 3x full MSV-2000 Metal Container worth of resourse to make it.

A4GRV0i.png

I do use Farscape Rocket Engines (4 per tank) they are OP but I love em!

the Use of KIS/KAS is essential though. (with a lot of kerbals. buildings are heavy!)

I just made another base for fuel on minmus ...

9Xxv1RT.jpg

Hey Enceos, is there any chance you can enable the pads to be able to accept EPL survey stake? at the moment I don't think the stakes recognise the pads as the ground? or would it be a survey stake setting? if so il ask there

4 hours ago, C04L said:

Hey Enceos, is there any chance you can enable the pads to be able to accept EPL survey stake? at the moment I don't think the stakes recognise the pads as the ground? or would it be a survey stake setting? if so il ask there

I usually place the survey stakes around the pad, not on the pad itself. The trick doesn't work for the big launchpad cause it's just too big.

4 hours ago, C04L said:

yea that's what I was trying the big ones.

oh well

I think I can make the big launchpad into a  EPL vessel launcher, just like the other lanchpads from that mod.

@Enceos hey man, awesome mods you got here, and just now in visiting this thread I saw your droptank "wrapper" idea that quite frankly makes me angry that I never through of that before.  I'll be downloading that right after this writeup.  (Though, I notice that your Wrapper and Portable Science Crate are Dropbox downloads, but your Texture mods and Asphalt Tiles are on Spacedock.  Why no Spacedock listings for the others?)

Anyway, I discovered your mods by browsing CKAN.  (I am NOT reporting a CKAN issue, I reported that on the CKAN thread here.)  CKAN did report an overwrite discrepancy, and a CKAN safety feature is to adopt a hands-off approach when different mods attempt to overwrite the same files.  I downloaded both of your mods manually, and I verified that there is an issue with how you package them.

Each of your mods contains filename PPVensTankEnds.dds, but each of a different size.  Even for manual installers, the question becomes -- which one gets used, and which one goes bye-bye?  I imagine that for CKAN-purposes, this cross-packaging would result in them simply being labeled as incompatible with each other, corralling a user into a binary one-or-the-other choice between the two, which is sad, but my question for you is specifically with respect to manual installers and how you'd care for them to proceed.

Thanks, and these look purdy, so I look forward to giving them a go!

Edited by MisterFister

Hey @MisterFister, thanks for the kind words! I decided not to post single part mods to CKAN / Spacedock, I will add the droptank when I update the package with two more parts. I'm aware of the shared file issue between two Texture packs and the CKAN guys didn't give me a good solution other than to separate the file into a third package, i'm not doing that for a single file. I will make a separate cap texture for the Hazard Tanks this week, that will solve the issue.

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

Hey @MisterFister, thanks for the kind words! I decided not to post single part mods to CKAN / Spacedock, I will add the droptank when I update the package with two more parts. I'm aware of the shared file issue between two Texture packs and the CKAN guys didn't give me a good solution other than to separate the file into a third package, i'm not doing that for a single file. I will make a separate cap texture for the Hazard Tanks this week, that will solve the issue.

That'll definitely solve the issue for CKAN and for manual installs, that's for sure.  Be advised, though, that even if you were to separate it out as a single-file dependency, you'd have to decide which version of the file to use (and they're not identical, so the same would need to be done for manual installs anyway.)

It's also worth noting that there are a few key mods listed out there for single-file or other dependency-type mods, including ModuleFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager.  Just a thought.

42 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@Enceos might you be willing to make Venproc textures matching Ven's Mk1 parts? I'm not aware of any nice gray PP textures for plane rather than rocket use...

Are you talking about this part?

DU9JH3n.jpg

@NathanKell Apparently I have trimmed them off, would you please post a picture of the cockpits.

EDIT: Just found his old MK1 texture, I don't see the inline one though.

PE7Y8LN.jpg

Do you like the 'OPT Spaceplane' textures?

Edited by Enceos

59 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@Enceos cool!

I gotta figure out exactly what I wrote, all these years ago... It's been so long I don't remember. :D

If you'll find it impossible to adjust, maybe you'll be able to find an optimal pattern for the seams. I'll rearrange the seams to that pattern and update the texture with more details and variations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.