[1.2.x] Kerbal Hacks (Procedural Parts textures, Asphalt Tiles, Unusual parts, other hacks)

Enceos

8 hours ago, Enceos said:

New Toys today. I love the Orbital Utility Vehicle by @nli2work, and decided to make another set of textures to match the style. Don't they look badass? :3

Yes, they do! :)

I came here from the Orbital Utility vehicle thread, and have discovered a bunch of stuff that I totally need, that I didn't know I needed!  The landing pads in particular are amazing.  Great work!

4 hours ago, hab136 said:

Yes, they do! :)

I came here from the Orbital Utility vehicle thread, and have discovered a bunch of stuff that I totally need, that I didn't know I needed!  The landing pads in particular are amazing.  Great work!

Yeah, all of these are trinkets I made originally for myself. While playing KSP I'd run into an urgent need of something for my craft or my mission. Then I'd go to forums to see and ask if someone made something I want. Not finding any of those I'd go to my drawing board and make the parts I needed. Only then I'd be able to continue my KSP playthrough with full satisfaction.

The landing pad thing came out of two needs:

- First the Extraplanetary Launchpads survey station deploys built vessels straight onto the ground, I really wasn't satisfied with that. The existing ground launchpads were not up to my standards in terms of modelling.

- Second thing that urged me to make the tiles was that I love to use my navball to land exactly right on target Scott Manley style. But there was no such target in my base, anything I placed would stick out of the ground or blow under the engine exhaust. The welded pads which come with the pack have their center of mass adjusted to be right in the center of the landing pad. Plus extra colors around the landing point is always nice.

My first part I ever made was the Radial Hangar for the Hangars mod, designed for big spaceplanes and spaceships. Still waiting to put it into use, cause the mod haven't been updated for a while.

Spoiler

Edited by Enceos

26 minutes ago, Enceos said:

Yeah, all of these are trinkets I made for myself. While playing KSP I'd run into an urgent need of something for my craft or my mission. Then I'd go to forums to see and ask if someone made something I want. Not finding any of those I'd go to my drawing board and make the parts I needed. Only then I'd be able to continue my KSP playthrough with full satisfaction.

The landing pad thing came out of two needs:

- First the Extraplanetary Launchpads survey station deploys built vessels straight onto the ground, I really wasn't satisfied with that. The existing ground launchpads were not up to my standards in terms of modelling.

- Second thing that urged me to make the tiles was that I love to use my navball to land exactly right on target Scott Manley style. But there was no such target in my base, anything I placed would stick out of the ground or blow under the engine exhaust. The welded pads which come with the pack have their center of mass adjusted to be right in the center of the landing pad. Plus extra colors around the landing point is always nice.

My first part I ever made was the Radial Hangar for the Hangars mod, designed for big spaceplanes and spaceships. Still waiting to put it into use, cause the mod haven't been updates for a while.

Reveal hidden contents

Well THAT looks impressive! Now that i think of it, it would be cool to have something similar as surface building to go with existing colonization mods.

1 hour ago, Rho-Mu 34 said:

Well THAT looks impressive! Now that i think of it, it would be cool to have something similar as surface building to go with existing colonization mods.

Not sure I understood what you mean by "surface building" ;)

16 minutes ago, Enceos said:

Not sure I understood what you mean by "surface building" ;)

"Radial hangar" implies that hangar is meant to be radially attached to some sort of vessel, like station or hueg mothership, right? Or i'm being stupid and this is, in fact, a standalone building that's designed to house spaceplanes on planet's surface?:confused:

1 hour ago, Rho-Mu 34 said:

"Radial hangar" implies that hangar is meant to be radially attached to some sort of vessel, like station or hueg mothership, right? Or i'm being stupid and this is, in fact, a standalone building that's designed to house spaceplanes on planet's surface?:confused:

Well looks like I'll have to move the "walls and roofs" to the top of my priority list since people want to build hangars from blocks ) Mister fast_de_la_speed also asked for those blocks on the previous page.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wraper tanks don't work anymore in KSP 1.1,  ModuleCrossFeed  is broken and NathanKell refuses to repair them.

To make them function again replace "ModuleCrossFeed"  by ModuleToggleCrossfeed

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleToggleCrossfeed
            crossfeedStatus = true
            toggleEditor = true
            toggleFlight = true
    }

and you also need the following script to enable cross feeding

@PHYSICSGLOBALS
{
    @stack_PriUsesSurf = True
} 

Edited by FreeThinker

Updated the Droptank "Wrapper", I liked the way Freethinker tweaked it for Interstellar. @FreeThinker feel free to take the new description I made for the long tank.

It comes now in two variants "Wrapper" - short version, and "Sleeve" as a 2x long version.

Added stock crossfeed switcher and TweakScale support up to 5m wide.

Edited by Enceos

16 hours ago, Enceos said:

Updated the Droptank "Wrapper", I liked the way Freethinker tweaked it for Interstellar. @FreeThinker feel free to take the new description I made for the long tank.

It comes now in two variants "Wrapper" - short version, and "Sleeve" as a 2x long version.

Added stock crossfeed switcher and TweakScale support up to 5m wide.

If possible, I would like to see more variations of the wrapper tank, specifically one that of aerodynamic at the top which allows it to be put on the side of other tanks without much increase in drag. This will be ideal for any SSTO

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

If possible, I would like to see more variations of the wrapper tank, specifically one that of aerodynamic at the top which allows it to be put on the side of other tanks without much increase in drag. This will be ideal for any SSTO

I can do that. I made it for SSTOs in the first place, so I hacked the drag cubes and reduced them by 70%. But I guess FAR ignores that.

Just now, FreeThinker said:

As long as the wrapper surrounds the vessel, it should not be a problem.

And then you decouple wrappers in the atmosphere with words "Fly my children! Fly! Be free!" :D

Hi, I have an issue @Enceos.

When I try to download Asphalt Tiles, it downloads, but when I click on the ZIP file to open it an "ERROR" message comes up with this:

"error 20-Not a Directory"

Do you have an idea what is going on? Those Asphalt Tiles really are cool.

12 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@DMSP Probably an issue with your software. Try getting them from the whole pack link.

Ok, I got it out. The .rar file doesn't work for me (unfortunately) but I was able to extract the ZIP.

Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.