[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

47 minutes ago, inigma said:

All craft updated on OP. If your entry is incorrect, please simply post back what you want your entry to look like on the OP. Mediafire links are not working per forum rules. Suggest using alternate links.

Nice job! Good test on setting things up. Try an island matchup test, and dont forget to cycle to at least every plane once during pre-game flight and at least once during battle.

My current videography is to try to video the battle mostly from the challenger first, then next round the loser of the previous, and then in third round the loser in the second round.  I try to follow at least one missile shot using the ] and [ keys to switch to it, and if any plane is being chased, I generally like to film it from the targeted plane's perspective since Camera Tools will immediate switch to chaser (usually) after the kill. I can't wait for transparent cockpits in 1.1 to see the doomed Kerbal's faces in their final moments. It will add to the drama. :)

My Gemini's have custom cockpits- no need to wait for 1.1 to see their screams. :P *

*They often survive anyway due to the cockpit walls acting as shielding and/or from ejecting pre-shootdown/missile impact.

9 minutes ago, Guggy13 said:

@inigma I won't have access to my computer by the time you do the next fight so I can't send you a new link. But could you please change the missiles per target to 4 and the gun range to 2000. Thanks! I appreciate it!

done. ty.

After the previous King was reduced to dual ignominious missile impact clouds, the various parts came back together, albeit in a more menacing form

I present to you my next craft: the Phantom of Papa-1:  it's comin' for ya...

t3ZlgqG.png

Just now, inigma said:

After the previous King was reduced to dual ignominious missile impact clouds, the various parts came back together, albeit in a more menacing form

t3ZlgqG.png

music funny reactions monkey drama

28 minutes ago, inigma said:

t3ZlgqG.png

Looks fierce. Can't wait to see it in action. :)

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

1 hour ago, inigma said:

t3ZlgqG.png

This is what would happen if you launched a Kronal Vessel Viewer ship like you see in the blueprints. I bet this thing can dodge bullets- they pass right through!

1 hour ago, inigma said:

t3ZlgqG.png

Ummmmm....

Oh Yeah:

If I die, play the Wilhelm scream for me please.

So Guggy's X-38 was sleeping on the Island runway resting up before the next day's battle vs the Stealth Weasel by Redshift - when all of a sudden he is woken to a startling sound of a screeming whine...

pomYQ9V.png

tID78qg.png

the X-38 got a few shots through the Phantom... and I mean through.  totally through, to no avail. 

turning on his six and giving no quarter, this thing is simply out for revenge...

6QZD9jw.png

and looks wicked doing so...

9QpTYYl.png

i don't want to meet this in a dark alley.

Download available soon.

Edited by inigma

Next Match Filmed!

Round 1 was considered a bugged round as one of the contestants blew himself up at range (I blame cpu physics processing on this). So... I give you 4 rounds... and man was it a close one:

My apologies to @MrZacbot. I totally missed your entry on the roster. You are next up to combat!

Edited by inigma

As a tip to anyone interested, radiators block bullets very well. As they seem to function by overheating parts and thus destroying them, I've been using radiators to block them on my tank designs, and they worked very well. I,m using about 10 thick, and they can easily bounce some 120mm rounds. I guess using them to lesser extent on your plane can help with close-range gunfire and, if you're lucky, missiles.

That was a pretty interesting match, some fancy flying by that interceptor in the last round before it took a missile, some nape-of-the-earth flying by the mountain.

Edited by Kokanee

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.