[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

So, this craft is the Kf 5, my most modern thingymajig. I didn't have time to get any screenshots, will post them soon

If this craft does not have:

a) 4 AMRAAMS

b) 4 AIM-9 Sidewinders

c) 2 50 cal. gunpods

d) 1 20 mm vulcan cannon

e) any combination of (a), (b), (c), or (d)

f) ECM pod

g) 2 flare pods on wings

h) 4 chaff pods on nose

Then you should not use it in a dogfight, and tell me the issue so that I can fix it.

I wanna see this thing fighting, soon.

Edited by Matuchkin

@Matuchkin I filmed two separate dogfights, both are 1v1 against my fighter.

(Audio is a bit messed up on this, there was some copyrighted music playing in the background that had to be removed)

As you can see, you may need to adjust the AI pilot to turn faster, the J-X4 engine is quite vulnerable to heatseekers.

So I tweaked some stuff to see what I could squeeze out of your fighter, and this happened:

Take this as you will.

1 hour ago, JollyGreenGI said:

As you can see, you may need to adjust the AI pilot to turn faster, the J-X4 engine is quite vulnerable to heatseekers.

So I tweaked some stuff to see what I could squeeze out of your fighter, and this happened:

Take this as you will.

How? It was practically like that when I first tried it, but still got nailed by heatseekers after dodging AMRAAMS. I thought it was the position of the flare dispensers, but didn't bother to fix that.

I'll test my craft more, then give it out again on KerbalX and ask for some heavier stuff to be thrown at it..

Edited by Matuchkin

Just now, JollyGreenGI said:

@Matuchkin Well, I think in that case, the Matador didn't get a chance to fire a heatseeker because Kf 5 closed the gap quickly. I dropped the fuel load to under 200 units, and set Idle speed as high as it could go to take advantage of the higher powered Whiplash.

Good. So what I'm going to do is replace the rear fuel tank with an engine pre-cooler, do what you did with the speed and fuel, allow more g-force and AOA with the AI. Thanks for the tips.

@inigma Hey again, I have two things to submit:

A slightly updated F/A/B-41 Taurus that has a slightly reduced part count of 111: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8ksGB7j0xmYkRQSmJldUZiUzg/view?usp=sharing

And the Taurus's new partner, the LY-41 Taurus. A highly experimental support plane designed to cover the weaknesses of my Taurus. It's part count is a slightly less laggy 105, and weighs 2 tons more than the original Taurus. Yes, it can still take off from the halfway point on airbase island.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8ksGB7j0xmM2JTSEhFdGVQSUk/view?usp=sharing 

I thought my plane couldn't get any more monstrously powerful than it is right now. The LY-variant proved me wrong, so horribly, horribly wrong...

Edited by drtricky

54 minutes ago, gag09 said:

Did you just strap lasers everywhere. Fighting it is like a disco party except with more death.

Well....if it provides some reassurance, it shouldn't be able to shoot down any aircraft thanks to some bugged AI...:blush:

3 minutes ago, gag09 said:

It's set to target missiles. You have to set it to target all vessels if you want it to shoot actual vehicles down.

That's what I meant by bugged AI. I noticed it wasn't using the lasers to deal with the missiles with the targets set to all.

On 4/9/2016 at 1:04 PM, inigma said:

Badge just needs to say ASC Champion, have some modern US Airforce style wings, blue and black and silver to the logo colors :) A separate larger logo without Champion on it for the OP too. :) if you're up to it, thanks! 

Ok how's this look? 

2aaNs.png

And here's the badge

2aaNr.png

And a smaller version

2aaNu.png

I can make it smaller if need be.

Also, let me know if you want me to change anything.

Hope you like them! 

YargJay9991

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.