Serial Space Station: Add your own module! (Closed - check out the new Community Space Station thread instead!)

10 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

All docked up! Uploading the save now...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg5dp82y9qrib44/KSS.sfs?dl=0

That's the link :) My science lab is docked to the ISRU module.

OK I have the save now it ill be up by midnight

EDIT: I lied actually more like tonight... a day late sorry!!

Edited by Jhawk1099

@Jetski Oh well. I have a swim meet today and tomorrow so I am kinda pressed for time anyway. It would be great if you had a thing or two you'd like me to do as far as maintenance/ manipulation of the station goes. Like if you want me to get rid of all the claws and have the asteroid docked to the station (Via KIS/KAS) or if any modules need moving or deorbiting. Or if you want me to make something of an orbital shipyard I would be more than happy to do so.  

I'm up for launching another module if there's an available window.  I'm in Norway so I could slot in at a time that's a bit too early or late for other people, depending on their terrestrial location.

I'm good for launching something in the next three or four hours if that's suitable.

I'd love to contribute to this station (possibly using my new SSTO spaceplane skills), but I'm in 1.1 and I don't plan on reverting back to 1.0.5. But as soon as 1.1 is fully released and this station save gets updated, I already having a few ideas about what I might be able to add (probably starting with a docking boom for spaceplanes).

4 hours ago, purpleivan said:

I'm up for launching another module if there's an available window.  I'm in Norway so I could slot in at a time that's a bit too early or late for other people, depending on their terrestrial location.

I'm good for launching something in the next three or four hours if that's suitable.

No problem launching unless you see that someone in the last few hours has reserved the savegame :)  You don't have to wait for permission, just post up on this thread that you have the savegame so nobody else tries at the same time.

4 hours ago, Jhawk1099 said:

@Jetski Oh well. I have a swim meet today and tomorrow so I am kinda pressed for time anyway. It would be great if you had a thing or two you'd like me to do as far as maintenance/ manipulation of the station goes. Like if you want me to get rid of all the claws and have the asteroid docked to the station (Via KIS/KAS) or if any modules need moving or deorbiting. Or if you want me to make something of an orbital shipyard I would be more than happy to do so.  

@Jhawk1099 Read up on the side mission I posted on the OP, I have a few guidelines there for maintenance.  I don't want to KAS attach to the asteroid or otherwise modify the station using mods unless it's already something that could have been done in the VAB.  The idea is that if a newer player looks at the station, they aren't presented with anything that would be impossible to do in vanilla stock.  Like it says on the OP, though, you could easily weed out a few of the docking port pairs (and reattach the parts), and you could move some other stuff around if you like to optimize or repair - use your judgement and the guidelines I wrote up :)  And take pictures or video and post it with the savegame when you are done.

2 minutes ago, Jetski said:

No problem launching unless you see that someone in the last few hours has reserved the savegame :)@Jhawk1099  You don't have to wait for permission, just post up on this thread that you have the savegame so nobody else tries at the same time.

Ok, I won't be able to make a launch tonight as it's getting late and wine does not make for good rocket fuel :D

19 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

All docked up! Uploading the save now...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg5dp82y9qrib44/KSS.sfs?dl=0

That's the link :) My science lab is docked to the ISRU module.

@KAL 9000 I loaded up that savegame, and there's no lab docked to the ISRU.  Also the Mass relay is gone, and we are back to 81 parts.  Did you maybe upload the wrong save or something?  Here's a screenshot from the save on the link you posted.

OdyXWLz.png

Edited by Jetski

I think @KAL 9000 may have taken the OP's save rather than the most recent one (the one with the mass relay) and if I remember correctly, I took the port on the ISRU. If there is any problem with the link I provided, let me know. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hc3evanhe6uamb/KSS.sfs?dl=0 hopefully the save, again.

@KAL 9000 was there no mass relay on the station when you docked your lab? If there wasn't, I think you had the wrong save. I think all you have to do is use the save with the mass relay on it (a few posts above) and re-launch your lab. You can put it right above my mass relay, it has another Sr. port. I *think* that's what happened, but I'm not completely sure.

17 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I think @KAL 9000 may have taken the OP's save rather than the most recent one (the one with the mass relay) and if I remember correctly, I took the port on the ISRU. If there is any problem with the link I provided, let me know. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hc3evanhe6uamb/KSS.sfs?dl=0 hopefully the save, again.

Sorry guys, the OP gets out of date if I'm away when an attempt occurs.  This link above is the latest save.  @KAL 9000 if you send me the craft file I'll put your module up, unless you would prefer to re-run the mission yourself.  For what it's worth, your lab isn't showing up for me in the save you shared either, so I'm blaming evil kraken all the way.  If anyone wants to launch a module, please use the link above, and you are cleared to launch.  I'll update the OP in a bit.

17 minutes ago, Jetski said:Sorry guys, the OP gets out of date if I'm away when an attempt occurs.  This link above is the latest save.  @KAL 9000 if you send me the craft file I'll put your module up, unless you would prefer to re-run the mission yourself.  For what it's worth, your lab isn't showing up for me in the save you shared either, so I'm blaming evil kraken all the way.  If anyone wants to launch a module, please use the link above, and you are cleared to launch.  I'll update the OP in a bit.

I've already tried this mission so many times (remember that crash) (there was also a literal crash (unplanned rapid lithobraking)), I think I'll just upload the craft file ;) (I don't have the patience of a saint, 5 hours of attempts of a simple mission is enough for me)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.