[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

On 2/11/2017 at 9:55 PM, Kosach- said:

unless you are in deep space traveling to another star

It seems you manage to work this mode with deep space exploration. How od you handle the nitrogen issue (needed for pressure control) and no possibility to generate it?

For the time being I had to skip this mod for my current game play due to this issue and also due to problems with high warp.

Actually i wasn't really happy with KSP for a long time, and right now it's my first attemt for a havily modded career since 0.23, i think. There's a lot of stuff I haven't tested yet. Anyway, Kebalism nicely supports Deep Freeze, wich is a must have if you are traveling to another star sysem without a warp drive. Othervise, i can't see, how do you store enough supplies for 50/100 years, and even if you can, kerbals will go mad after 10 years tops. 

Edited by Kosach-

On 2/12/2017 at 8:19 AM, ShotgunNinja said:

I'm considering adding the scrubber process to the small chemical plant. What you think?

That's a good place to have it. Also could you give it the ability to be radially attached so its easier to stick inside large cargo holds. (Unless it already can be and the Mark IV hangers are just weird)

New version released, 1.1.9 Enjoy

Changelog

Spoiler

- SoundingRockets support patch by ValynEritai
  - BluedogDesignBureau support patch by ValynEritai & Maxzhao1999
  - OrbitalScience sigint antenna support patch by alaxandir
  - increased amount of resources on_rescue
  - waste processor can be toggled on/off
  - rebalanced ECLSS modules, capacity now proportional to crew capacity
  - rebalanced climatization: less EC cost, longer degeneration time
  - greenhouse has integrated pressure control
  - monitor panels require a connection on unmanned vessels
  - only remove stock conversions from ISRU, don't touch third-party ones
  - there is now an Extra/ folder containing patches not enabled by default
  - ad-hoc habitat volume/surfaces for all stock parts and a ton of other ones, by schrema
  - fix: amount of configurable resources is reset after vessel load in editor
  - fix: wrong capacity in ISRU setups
  - fix: wrong savegame version saved
  - fix: missing setup details in Configure window when module is defined after (#57)
  - fix: missing name of non-stock tech in Configure module part tooltip (#58)
  - fix: monitor don't forget selected vessel when flagged as debris after selection (#60)
  - fix: automation panel throw exception on duplicate id (#65)
  - fix: asset bundle loading cause problems in HullCam/KronalVesselViewer (#66)
  - fix: ContractConfigurator packs not working with Laboratory/Antenna module (#68)  

@ShotgunNinja: did anything change from Kerbalism 1.1.8 to the new 1.1.9 version, about how scrubbers work? Since updating to 1.1.9 (heavily modded game, but that's the only change I did), CO2 levels keep increasing regardless of scrubbers, of course end killing all crew. Reverted to 1.1.8 and CO2 is kept under control as expected.

Having a minor incompatibility issue between M.O.L.E.'s "Solar Battery Module" and Kerbalism's background processing. It seems that Kerbalism looks for "ModuleDeployableSolarPanel" as the go-to for background processing and the part has two modules to facilitate the rotation of the part and the rotation of the panels. I've attached both a screenshot of the part and how it interacts with Kerbalism and the modules of the configuration file for the part. I've found a temporary fix by renaming the modules to each other, but it causes the part to rotate even when the panels are closed.

Deployable Solar Panel produces 0.0 charge, but the panels themselves do produce 24/s with the other module.

//Y-axis of SARJ is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher2 points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
		animationName = empty
		resourceName = ElectricCharge
		chargeRate = 0
		isBreakable = false
		pivotName = SARJ
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher2
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

//Y-axis of SolarArrayPivot is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIDualAxisSolarArray
		rotationModuleIndex = 0
		animationName = Deploy
		resourceName = ElectricCharge
		chargeRate = 24.0
		retractable = true
		isBreakable = true
		pivotName = SolarArrayPivot
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

My assumption is that I'll probably need to get Kerbalism to read the "WBIDualAxisSolarArray" module instead of "ModuleDeployableSolarPanel" for this to work without the sloppy quick-fix that I've done.

This might seem dumb because I haven't played KSP in a while, but Kerbalism behaves weird. I can't turn on the comm network in the settings and each satellite gets a straight-to-ground green line. No network behaviour like in stock game or earlier Kerbalism.

Also, why do I have to deploy an antenna at the launch pad in order to be able to launch something? There's rarely space for a deployed antenna in the fairing and I don't want something sticking out.

I don't get the network button anymore so I can't see first hop, relayed path, complete network, ...

Either I've missed something major in the development of this mod or I'm doing something wrong.

I'm quite confused by all this and I don't like it.

11 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

New version released, 1.1.9 Enjoy

Changelog

Hide contents

- increased amount of resources on_rescue

I just came here to request that you increased the resources for EVA Kerbals being rescued. Glad to see you've literally just made that fix. Well done and thanks! :D

5 hours ago, diomedea said:

@ShotgunNinja: did anything change from Kerbalism 1.1.8 to the new 1.1.9 version, about how scrubbers work? Since updating to 1.1.9 (heavily modded game, but that's the only change I did), CO2 levels keep increasing regardless of scrubbers, of course end killing all crew. Reverted to 1.1.8 and CO2 is kept under control as expected.

Yes, in 1.1.9 the capacity of processes (scrubbers, waste processors, pressurizers) scales with the crew capacity of the part that it's set up on. So for every crew slot on a part, the part's processors cover 5/3 of a Kerbal. The old values were fixed so that a processor always covered 4 kerbals, but people who had big part mods were running into trouble. I ran into the exact same problem as you did and I assumed it was because the capacity of the scrubbers is hardcoded in the save file, and the old 1x capacity scrubbers you have on your vessels now only clears enough COfor one Kerbal. Just as I was testing some fixes, it turned out restarting the game fixed it for me. If that voodoo solution fails, you can edit the "amount" of the _Scrubber pseudo-resources in your save.

2 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

This might seem dumb because I haven't played KSP in a while, but Kerbalism behaves weird. I can't turn on the comm network in the settings and each satellite gets a straight-to-ground green line. No network behaviour like in stock game or earlier Kerbalism.

Also, why do I have to deploy an antenna at the launch pad in order to be able to launch something? There's rarely space for a deployed antenna in the fairing and I don't want something sticking out.

I don't get the network button anymore so I can't see first hop, relayed path, complete network, ...

Either I've missed something major in the development of this mod or I'm doing something wrong.

I'm quite confused by all this and I don't like it.

In "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbalism\Settings.cfg" you can change "Signal = true" to "Signal = false" and it'll return to stock behaviour. 

Edit: 

I suggest this to the Kerbalism\Support\MOLE.cfg:

Spoiler

@PART[WBI_Mole182]:NEEDS[MoleUtils,FeatureScience]:FOR[Kerbalism] // MOLE lab
{
    !MODULE[ModuleScienceLab] {}
    !MODULE[ModuleScienceConverter] {}

MODULE
        {
        name = Laboratory
        researcher = Scientist
        analysis_rate = 0.003     // stock lab 0.005
        ec_rate = 0.6              // stock lab 1.0
        }
    MODULE
        {
        name = HardDrive
        }        
}

To make it's lab (which is earlier in the tech tree) to behave like a Kerbalism lab, but not as powerful..

Edited by mrZonke

15 hours ago, MemeBeam said:

That's a good place to have it. Also could you give it the ability to be radially attached so its easier to stick inside large cargo holds. (Unless it already can be and the Mark IV hangers are just weird)

Or if it were a Planetary Base Systems modular piece thingy...

17 minutes ago, mrZonke said:

In "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbalism\Settings.cfg" you can change "Signal = true" to "Signal = false" and it'll return to stock behaviour. 

I've had a similar issue to Lajoswinkler though mine seems more sever as none of the antennas in the parts list or on my vessels seem to count(all vessels both in the VAB and Space say "no signal" and "antenna: none") I also get no signal lines of any type(understandable as nothing has an usable antenna) which also mean I have no control over probes.

I have tried the above solution which only disables Kerbalism's signal/bandwidth UI and doesn't return the stock system(not even the stock CommNet UI returns).

I am only using Kerbalism and Hyperedit(for testing) on 1.2.2 which I have had steam verify, any suggestions?

A "heads up!" warning for all you Kerbalism + TAC profiles users out there! Maybe some of you don't know this yet so I thing I better post it. 

I use Kerbalism with 'TAC profile'. All the sudden my consumption rates stopped working properly. Water comsumption rate would be twice that of oxigen, and food quadruple the rate (supplies containers would usually be enough so that everything ended at the same time). Also the TAC monitor stopped giving reasonable information (there would be negative rates.. it was a mess). I was all 'what the what' since it was working fine just a day before.

It turns out when you update kerbalism with CKAN, it restores the normal profile, deleting the "TAC profile". I re-installed it manually and things got back to working order. Phew!

Edited by Daniel Prates

12 hours ago, podbaydoor said:

Yes, in 1.1.9 the capacity of processes (scrubbers, waste processors, pressurizers) scales with the crew capacity of the part that it's set up on. So for every crew slot on a part, the part's processors cover 5/3 of a Kerbal. The old values were fixed so that a processor always covered 4 kerbals, but people who had big part mods were running into trouble. I ran into the exact same problem as you did and I assumed it was because the capacity of the scrubbers is hardcoded in the save file, and the old 1x capacity scrubbers you have on your vessels now only clears enough COfor one Kerbal. Just as I was testing some fixes, it turned out restarting the game fixed it for me. If that voodoo solution fails, you can edit the "amount" of the _Scrubber pseudo-resources in your save.

Thanks for the explanation. But then, if the capacity now scales to always cover 5/3 * crew capacity of each part, it shows to be broken. The vessel in my game showing more of this issue has one PPD-12 cupola (1 crew), 2 x PPD-10 hitchhiker pods (2x4 = 8 crew) and a Mk2 landing can (2 crew). Total 11 crew capacity (so the capacity of processors should be 11x 5/3 = 18.33), and 11 crew aboard. Another vessel has one cupola and one PPD-10, total 5 (so, capacity should be = 5 *5/3 = 8.33) and its 5 occupants are getting poisoned as well, though not as fast as with the first vessel. Restarting game didn't help in my case. Really it seems like I'm having a fixed capacity for each module, not proportional to the crew capacity (so, PPD-10 can hold 4 kerbals but still only provide for one, or maybe 5/3, falling way short than the requirement). Vessels with just one kerbal per module keep working as usual.

EDIT: so, checked how this capacity of processes scale works. New vessels indeed have it with amounts = 5/3 x crew capacity for each crewable part. Old vessels already in game don't have it updated, it was and still is = 1 for each module. With the new system those quantities are way shorter than what needed. This requires saves with old vessels have all vessels edited, or to wait until them all are recovered before updating to 1.1.9 (in case no permanent or long missions are ongoing). Going to edit all crewable parts with all my vessels (:mad:).

Edited by diomedea
checked old and new vessels, old ones aren't updated

On 1/24/2017 at 9:29 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Due to the issues this mod is causing, I'm marking it as incompatible with both HullcamVDS and Kronal Vessel Viewer.

While investigating, I am getting a continuous series of NullRefs in the mod, even with both of the above mentioned mods removed.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KERBALISM.Configure.configure () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Configure.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KERBALISM.Configure.configure () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Configure.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It's been reported to me that Hullcam is now working with the latest version of Kerbalism.  Before I remove the incompatible flag from CKAN, I'd like some other people to install it and let me know how it goes.

Do the same with Kronal Vessel Viewer, if possible.

Thanks

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's been reported to me that Hullcam is now working with the latest version of Kerbalism.  Before I remove the incompatible flag from CKAN, I'd like some other people to install it and let me know how it goes.

Do the same with Kronal Vessel Viewer, if possible.

Thanks

Both Hullcam and Kronal works with Kerbalism 1.1.9 (and a gazillion other mods) for me :)  (which makes me very happy, love Hullcam especially!!)

Edited by mrZonke

Question: how exactelly do I deactivate the 'pressurization' feature? 

The lines on the profile that relate to it are the following:

// pressure settings  PressureFactor = 10.0               // pressurized modifier value for vessels below the threshold  PressureThreshold = 0.9             // level of atmosphere resource that determine pressurized status  // 

Since there is no clearly discernible 'true' or 'false' setting I am left unsure as how to disable it. Do I add a "= false" right after pressure settings? Do I reduce all the values to zero?

EDIT:  reading the kerbalism manual, in the settings data, I take the impression that if I lower "pressure threshold" to zero, all vessels will count as pressurized, regardless of it being pressurized or not. I could even do away with the nitrogen alltogether. Is this correct?

EDIT 2: Figured out myself, by fiddling with the numbers. if 'pressure factor' is set to one, it means that the current "maximum time period without going crazy' is multiplied by one, hence, it stays the same. when set to 10.0 it multiplies how quickly the kerbal goes crazy in a factor of ten - in other words, it with an atmosphere it would take 20 days, with a factor of 10 it becomes just two days when the atmosphere is gone. I'm  sorry if I am being boorish, I am sure lots of people in the forum knows that already but perhaps not everybody does. ; ) 

Edited by Daniel Prates

This mod is a masterpiece, and I love it. Radial Pressurized Tanks is awesome as they are, but as Universal Storage user I would like to see these candies available as US wedge. US have Oxygen wedge and other life support stuff, but can't store some Kerbalism specific resources as Nitrogen or Ammonia. Also, US uses separate parts for storing life support resources, and my idea is to have just one part with Radial Pressurized Tank functionality.

@wrobel-cwirek @ShotgunNinja  I have encountered the problem with deep space travel and running out of nitrogen. Deep freeze is a good way to fix this but instead the amount of "leaking" per area could be bound to the quality of life support. This would make sense logically and for the player longer length mission part for me are almost always high quality for stations or long manned missions. You could tie it to tech level like how in remote tech does for signal processing. Maybe lets make things interesting and more "kerbal like", you can gather nitrogen from very low orbit or by just scraping the atmosphere with a scoop. So on a gravity assist with jool you can top off the nitrogen tanks before your main mission begins.

@ShotgunNinja I love the changes you did since the last time I was around.

One thing I was wondering though, is it possible to have the lab behave similarly to stock? Right now a station around the Mun or Minmus is not very useful useful since it seems like the lab simply allows you to get the science earlier, not new science.

I've considered simply adding back the old ModuleScienceLab, but I don't believe it's supported by the background processing or the new science containers.

Thanks for your great mod!

21 hours ago, Cosmonauth said:

This mod is a masterpiece, and I love it. Radial Pressurized Tanks is awesome as they are, but as Universal Storage user I would like to see these candies available as US wedge. US have Oxygen wedge and other life support stuff, but can't store some Kerbalism specific resources as Nitrogen or Ammonia. Also, US uses separate parts for storing life support resources, and my idea is to have just one part with Radial Pressurized Tank functionality.

Until dedicated US parts might be created, you can do as I do and use US Science Bays to cram a bunch of the small pressurized tanks in. I'm still waiting for my wildly overmodded KSP to load, so I can't show a picture of what I've done, but you can experiment with different arrangements to see how it works. You can fit one of the large tanks inside two stacked Science Bays, or you can cram three small tanks in each bay. However, if you go the small tank route, you still need to stack two bays to prevent any part clipping, at least from my experience so far. If you don't mind very minor clipping, then you don't need to stack the bays.

[EDIT] I guess you can only fit a total of five small tanks into the two bays without them clipping into one another. If you don't mind clipping, then I guess you could easily squeeze six, maybe even eight tanks in there.

Here's a pic of my arrangement.

Edited by kananesgi