[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

I'm trying the new version of KSP and I seem to be missing components, although the part files are there.

The ones I've stumbled on are KW1mNoseCone and strutConnectorMedium. Any pointers, guys?

Edit: Hmm... Uh oh. Log says:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/kwstrutConnectorMedium/part/strutConnectorMedium'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartCompiler: Cannot find Part of type 'StrutConnector'

Edited by Korfio

I'm rather busy updating other mods right now, so if anybody can figure this out, and either submit a PR or just the files, that would be helpful.

I expect to be able to merge all submitted PRs over the weekend and will get out an initial release for 1.2 at that time

Hi, I have an issue

"Vessel Loading Error" Vessel Space Station MK 2 was not loaded because it has the following parts missing: strutConnectorHeavy

This is relatively major, as I am now unable to access any of my builds in the VAB, and most of my stuff in orbit has been straight up deleted.

27 minutes ago, Stonedog said:

Hi, I have an issue

"Vessel Loading Error" Vessel Space Station MK 2 was not loaded because it has the following parts missing: strutConnectorHeavy

This is relatively major, as I am now unable to access any of my builds in the VAB, and most of my stuff in orbit has been straight up deleted.

I do hope you have a backup.

That being said, this mod has not yet been updated for 1.2 compatability.  

28 minutes ago, Stonedog said:

Hi, I have an issue

known issue between KW and 1.2. 1.2 changed stuff with struts.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I do hope you have a backup.

That being said, this mod has not yet been updated for 1.2 compatability.  

I have a quicksave, fortunately. I guess I will hang tight until there's an update then see if it's fixed! :D

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If that save only uses KW, could you send it to me for testing?

I also use Mechjeb in the save, and though I don't think any of the builds use them, I have a couple of other parts packs installed besides KW.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's fine, I'll create a test install.  

Cheers mate. Just wanted to hop in and let you know I really appreciate the hard work you've done maintaining and updating this mod. For me this mod feels like a proper extension of KSP.

Hi, I downloaded the latest 1.1.3 compatible version from CKAN and only the procedural fairings are showing up. I would like to use the fairing walls and cones that were originally in this pack instead of the procedural fairings. Where can I download them?

13 hours ago, antiwesley said:

I removed the struts from the 1.1.3 build, updated the version, and while it still gave me an error at loading, all the parts were there and worked just fine.

So Redux is working fine in 1.2?   I'm guessing you mean you removed the struts from an actual craft built in 1.1.3?

I went into the GameData directory after a fresh install into the 1.2 64 bit install, removed the struts from the directory itself, updated the version info in KWRocketryRedux.version.

Upon loading, it gave me a "Usable only with KSP 1.1" error, which I acknowledged and it loaded all the parts just fine. (Minus the struts which I had removed from the install directory)

Good news about the struts - I think that only config changes are needed to fix them.  They were also broken for B9, and after examining the stock strut config, it was pretty apparent what needed to be changed.

30 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Just loaded up the mod, I found fuel tanks mixed into the engine category, other than that, looks good so far!!

I don't have time right now to go into this, but if someone could fix it and post a PR, I'll try to get it updated later today