[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

Just released 3.0.18, which fixes the struts.

Also, I'm asking for anyone interested in improving this mod to read the following:

I need to get tags into all of the parts.  Tags are used by the editor when searching for parts.  This was a new feature added in 1.1

Please see the following posts for information on how tags work, and how to write the tags:

I'll accept tags either as PRs on Github, or as a set of file/part name + tag list pairs.

Look at the stock parts for examples of how Squad implemented the tags

Hello to all.

Found a 'strange' one.  Had problems getting the Subassemblies to load and after tracking it down, i found that the nose cone parts had "module = Strut" in the part configs.

Now, guessing from past versions, i changed these to module = Part, and all worked again.

I don't know if there is something new and different in 1.2, or if there is some other problem, but that worked and the parts are now being created ( no more critical error in ksp.log ) and the parts are visible and the Subassemblies   now load as they should.

If what i did is wrong, let me know and also how or what to fix.  Otherwise, I am calling it good and working with the mod.

I think that there are some other oddities that are causing some problems and i will chase those down later, as time permits. 1:48 AM here, time for sleep.

anyway thanks to all 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, drtedastro said:

Hello to all.

Found a 'strange' one.  Had problems getting the Subassemblies to load and after tracking it down, i found that the nose cone parts had "module = Strut" in the part configs.

Now, guessing from past versions, i changed these to module = Part, and all worked again.

I don't know if there is something new and different in 1.2, or if there is some other problem, but that worked and the parts are now being created ( no more critical error in ksp.log ) and the parts are visible and the Subassemblies   now load as they should.

If what i did is wrong, let me know and also how or what to fix.  Otherwise, I am calling it good and working with the mod.

I think that there are some other oddities that are causing some problems and i will chase those down later, as time permits. 1:48 AM here, time for sleep.

anyway thanks to all 

Cheers.

Oh great, I was wondering where an error was coming from.

Thanks, I'll get it fixed and updated

Just released 3.0.19 with the strut -> part fix, thanks @drtedastro

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you by chance know just what the big idea was to have parts - that clearly are not struts - be declared struts in the first place? Quite a number of other pre-1.2 part packs have the same problem. It's trivial enough to just fix them up myself, but I'm curious what exactly the historical reasons for this oddity were, if any. Given that actual struts have actually been CompoundParts for some time (as opposed to Struts), I guess the reasons must be quite historical by now.

Edited by MaxRebo

22 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

Do you by chance know just what the big idea was to have parts - that clearly are not struts - be declared struts in the first place? Quite a number of other pre-1.2 part packs have the same problem. It's trivial enough to just fix them up myself, but I'm curious what exactly the historical reasons for this oddity were, if any. Given that actual struts have actually been CompoundParts for some time (as opposed to Struts), I guess the reasons must be quite historical by now.

I have no idea

2 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

My best guess would be,

Sh.t Happens.

But that is only my guess...

lol.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks, I'll get it fixed and updated

Just released 3.0.19 with the strut -> part fix, thanks @drtedastro

No worries. Pulling hair out last night (not much left) so could not sleep until i found it.

Thanks to you for all of your work on all of the mods you are doing.  Way too much work...

Cheers.

Hey guys. Just a heads up, some of the 1.5m fuel tanks are Oxidiser only, and don't have liquid fuel and the batteries are in the Utiities, not Power category. I spotted this in my campaign game, but it could apply to other parts too. Easy fix, but probably could do with a hotfix.

\GameData\KWRocketry\Parts\Fuel\KW_Universal_Tanks\1mL2.cfg

tags = [kwrock fueltank ?lfo liquid oxidizer propellant rocket

RESOURCE // <- Missed. Add manually
{
 name = LiquidFuel
 amount = 216
 maxAmount = 216
}

RESOURCE
{
 name = Oxidizer
 amount = 264
 maxAmount = 264
}

9 hours ago, MattBox said:

Hey guys. Just a heads up, some of the 1.5m fuel tanks are Oxidiser only, and don't have liquid fuel and the batteries are in the Utiities, not Power category. I spotted this in my campaign game, but it could apply to other parts too. Easy fix, but probably could do with a hotfix.

I checked all the tanks, except for the one that @Shirson pointed out, they all seem ok.  

Batteries have been updated.

Next time, please specify exactly which parts have problems.  Makes it easier to find and fix.  Looking for a random tank is rather tedious and prone to error.

update with these fixes in a few minutes

New release is on Github, Spacedock seems to be down right now, I'll get it updated there when it comes back

No it doesn't.

But... depending on when you installed, it's possible one of the directories is messed up.  Also, there was an update of KW this morning.

So first delete the entire KW directory, if you are using CKAN, then remove KW then to be save, go in and make sure the entire directory is removed.

Then reinstall and try it again.

Beyond that, it wouldn't be KW, but post logs and pics, maybe we can help

Please explain how to supply you with a log? Never did that before.

Okido running with KW removed, the extra node is gone, when I manually reinstall 3.0.21, and start a new game (career), this is what I get:

Node1.pngNode2.png

This is what is there without KW installed:

Node%20without.png

This is what my module manager tech tree says:

RDNode
    {
        id = experimentalRocketry
        title = Experimental Rocketry
        description = Don't take "experimental" lightly.
        cost = 1000
        hideEmpty = False
        nodeName = ct_experimentalRocketry
        anyToUnlock = True
        icon = RDicon_rocketry-experimental
        pos = -927,1635,-1
        scale = 0.6
        Parent
        {
            parentID = veryHeavyRocketry
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }
RDNode
    {
        id = experimentalRocketry
        title = Experimental Rocketry
        description = The closer the top of your rocket is to the stars on the launchpad, the easier it is to reach them. Well, that's the theory.
        cost = 1000
        hideEmpty = False
        nodeName = node8_experimentalRocketry
        anyToUnlock = False
        icon = RDicon_rocketry-veryHeavy
        pos = -952,1635,-1
        scale = 0.6
        Parent
        {
            parentID = veryHeavyRocketry
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
        Parent
        {
            parentID = highPerformanceFuelSystems
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }

To get me the log:

If on windows:

One is a detailed log file (henceforth output_log.txt) that (I believe) is created by Unity, and it differs for each OS;

KSP_Data/output_log.txt for Windows,or KSP_Data_x64/output_log.txt if runnin g64 bit 

Player.log for Mac, and I believe something similar for Linux. T.

However, I see the problem, will fix it this evening.

Just now, DrScarlett said:

Ow funny, I keep close track of my mods, and I do not remember installing it or where to look for it to get rid of it :( But thanks :)

That being said, I'm going to look into this, it appears there is a more recent version which might be updated.  If you used ckan, then it might have been pulled in that way depending on other mods

1 minute ago, DrScarlett said:

Ow funny, I keep close track of my mods, and I do not remember installing it or where to look for it to get rid of it :( But thanks :)

Is it part of Community resources 0.6.1?

Quite possibly.