[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

Turns out there is a 3.0 version of CTT which is for 1.2

I just tested with it and KW, and the patches worked properly.

I don't know where the regular download is, but I just zipped it up for you here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0krhh2mrm0t0mlo/CTT-3.0.zip?dl=0

The folder inside till be called CommunityTechTree, just move it into the GameData directory.  Make sure any older version has been deleted

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I don't have GameData/CommunityTechTree ? *confusedface*

that is why I asked about the location. Anything in the logs that can help me pinpoint the origin of this techtree mod? (before I do a full blank re-install, that is)

EDIT: OK, tried to look at the log myself. KSPI_E has dependancies on the CommunityTechTree and I see references of stuff from there failing because the CTT is not there. I cannot find any evidence that CTT is installed. Can you tell me where you found it? Obviously, I'm a noob with this software.

Edited by DrScarlett

37 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:

I don't have GameData/CommunityTechTree ? *confusedface*

that is why I asked about the location. Anything in the logs that can help me pinpoint the origin of this techtree mod? (before I do a full blank re-install, that is)

EDIT: OK, tried to look at the log myself. KSPI_E has dependancies on the CommunityTechTree and I see references of stuff from there failing because the CTT is not there. I cannot find any evidence that CTT is installed. Can you tell me where you found it? Obviously, I'm a noob with this software.

Well, that would explain some of the errors.

I see you are running 1.2 on Windows

Are you using CKAN?

If on 1.1.3, and using CKAN, you can install it directly from CKAN.

If on 1.2, wait until Friday, when there is supposed to be a release for 1.2

Moving back from B9's thread, on 3.0.22:

It works, the node is gone :)

But...

So are the KW parts in the node, and, more importantly, some other KW parts that I put in my vessels, like the large and small KW batteries. (KWRadBattLargeS and L, possibly more parts I don't know about).

Waow when I start to bud a new vessel, only the medium strut shows up in the KW section... Gonna have to go back to 3.0.21 like this :( 

I would suggest to leave it as it was and I will live with the double node until the new CTT comes and everyone has to rethink their approach...just my two cents.

That's strange.  When I tested I see the following parts in Experimental Rocketry:

• Griffon Century
  • Titan V
  • Globe X-10L
  • Globe X-10S
  • HA-1 Alumium Hybrid rocket (not KW)
  • Deinonychus 1-D (not KW)

and the batteries have nothing to do with that, they are in the  Advanced Electrics node

39 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:

Installed with CKAN this time. Yaaaay, @linuxgurugamer, it works! Thank you!

Great!

I don't know if you saw it, but @FreeThinker actually agreed with my comments.  He also explained why he did it, and that because of a new mod, he won't need to do it in the future

Yup, saw that. I don't know any of you well, so to see people reacting that way to topics that could be considered intrusive, makes me very happy. The three devs I got to know a little bit are decent people!

:)

Edited by DrScarlett

57 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:

Yup, saw that. I don't know any of you well, so to see people reacting that way to topics that could be considered intrusive, makes me very happy. The three devs I got to know a little bit are decent people!

:)

You will find that in general, the KSP community is one of the nicest around

On 20-10-2016 at 2:16 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Great!

I don't know if you saw it, but @FreeThinker actually agreed with my comments.  He also explained why he did it, and that because of a new mod, he won't need to do it in the future

Confimed, in the latest update I removed the integrated CTT. The technode conflict should from now on be a problem of the past

Edited by FreeThinker

I don't know if this has been brought up, but since the KSP 1.2 update, the ullage motors don't make any sound for me. I've tried this on two different PCs, and both don't make a sound. It really sucks because, like all the KW Rocketry effects, they sound awesome!

Any idea why this might be? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, doggonemess said:

Here's the log file from my test run. I made a simple craft with both ullage motors. Neither made a sound besides the staging noise that everything makes.

Log file

Two things:

1.  Was this a clean install?  If not, can you try with that?

2. Can you send me the craft file as well?