Post Your Current Wallpaper

MDZhB

7 minutes ago, RandomUser said:

This is my wallpaper right now, it's a Apollo photo (presumably edited) I found it somewhere online and did a little photo shopping for the image edges which were pretty bad. 

I really like this one. I have the greatest respect for all the people who really made Apollo happen.

A few more:

Spoiler

Seeing as I have been summoned, I felt that I should post a reply here!

My wallpaper is usually a KSP screenshot I really like, or just something to make me remember I still know how to play the game, since I'm not doing the interplanetary fun stuff for ages.

So here's my wallpaper (and I guess a preview of what I'm currently up to in terms of drawings and stuff. Read: procrastination.JK I'm just waiting for OBS to download to do a speedpaint of @Kerbiter's picture.)

3FWoNi5.png

12 hours ago, MDZhB said:

I really like this one. I have the greatest respect for all the people who really made Apollo happen.

FWIW, I'm an aerospace engineer, and in my first job out of university I was paired up with a mentor who was an electrical engineer who worked on the communication systems for Apollo.  During the lunar landings, he was stationed at a communications center on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  He had some good stories.

Anyway, my current laptop wallpaper is all chess themed and set to change every hour.  As I type this, this is the wallpaper currently on display:

chess-board-rules-chess_00418821jpg-awesome

FWIW, this is my wallpaper at work, because the MV-22 is one of the main programs that I support:

080202-N-9643K-008

15 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

FWIW, I'm an aerospace engineer, and in my first job out of university I was paired up with a mentor who was an electrical engineer who worked on the communication systems for Apollo.  During the lunar landings, he was stationed at a communications center on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  He had some good stories.

Anyway, my current laptop wallpaper is all chess themed and set to change every hour.  As I type this, this is the wallpaper currently on display:

[...]

080202-N-9643K-008

That's a great photo!  It looks like a toy with those rounded rocks.

My home PC works its way through my wedding photos, but my work one is a bit more relevant to this forum

We're the little dot on the lower right, but you'll probably need to bring up to full scale to see that

Spoiler

The_Day_the_Earth_Smiled_-_PIA17172.jpg

Image from Cassini looking back at Saturn and earth from around 1Bn miles away from Earth, intended as an update to the Voyager Pale Blue Dot image.

full scale: Link

To quote Sagan from the Pale Blue Dot

We succeeded in taking that picture, and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there – on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

[...] To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

Edited by RizzoTheRat

af5fb84f03013c29dc2f9a427dc92ae0.jpg

That's my background, and here's my lock screen:

965306-bigthumbnail.jpg

Portal 1 & 2 are my favorite games of all time, followed closely in 3rd with KSP, with Prison Architect and Subnautica taking 4th & 5th place after that, and lego is the one thing from my childhood that I will never lose a love for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.