Forum no-nos

Goody1981

139. Having an animated flashing avatar that is so brightly coloured that it gives people epilepsy. ( I'm looking at you [REDACTED]  )

140. Posting anything that suggests space exploration is a waste of money.

141. Editing your post to cover for a mistake that a future post points out but then not thanking or even mentioning the person who corrected you which makes the other persons post look dumb. ( I am guilty) 

142. Post asking for likes. (Give me likes plox)

143. Use this hideous font.

Edited by worir4

15 hours ago, Dman979 said:

But... Didn't you just do that? :huh:

Depending on context. It usually implies that the user is ranting about Squad and uses emoticons to show it such as:

"Squad, where's multiplayer?? I have been waiting since 0.90!! :mad:;.;"

Do you get what I mean?

Anyway, this thread might get closed in a bit given the context of mocking other users.

143: Attempting to counter a post with 11-12 likes.

144: Complaining about lack of reps/lack of replies in the Spacecraft Exchange.

145: Asking what Delta-V means.

146: Mentioning your love for the Space Shuttle, because it failed to do its job and should be treated like so. SpaceX is always superior. :wink:

147: Anything related to craft coordination in the form of a community ship repository, because that's automatically roleplay. (Okay, went way too far there..)

Edited by Columbia

19 minutes ago, Columbia said:

145: Asking what Delta-V means.

Why's that a no-no? It's a very common question when learning to play KSP, and I haven't seen anything but civil answers to it.

148. Pointing out the fact that "GIF" is properly pronounced with a soft G.

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

148. Pointing out the fact that "GIF" is properly pronounced with a soft G.

149. Reserved (but I will never put anything here. I will take this spot to the grave.)

150. Getting upset that someone says "GIF" with a soft or hard G, and somehow derailing the whole thread into an argument about it.

151. Jirritating JETA jokes jat jaren't junny, jeven jo jose jat jet jem.

152. Irritating META jokes that aren't funny, even to those that get them which are hard to read.

153. Taking up to or greater than 5 numbers in a forum no-no list thread without adding anything funny.

154. Cat tax.

155.  Arguing that instead of being pronounced phonetically GIF should be pronounced Gee Eye Eff, further derailing the thread.
156.  Diverge onto a thread about the patent abuse and the LZ compression used in the GIF format.
157.  Point out AGAIN that GIFs should be replaced with PNGs.
158.  Make a remark about Animated GIFs being annoying.
159.  Continue talking about GIFs for 5 whole posts!

163. Asking how to create the most destructive space weapon in a science forum. Otherwise talk about getting rid of the space treaty in a science forum. Or trying to create schemes that would greatly populate LEO/MEO space junk. 

164. Reviving necrotic shuttle threads to beat a very putrid dead horse. Also shutlle sputnik thallus measuring contests. 

165. Starting any futuristic deep space thread with Nerva, Pulse nuclear rockets, black hole drives or warp drives. 'if we had these technologies today . . . . . . .'

166. Start any mars colonization thread with Mars One or the designs of its founder. 

167. To discuss landing or flag planting missions on Jupiter or Saturn. 

168. 'New horizons' could have landed Pluto. 

Edit: Forgot to add

169: The  referral of Earth-sized exoplanets as being habitable when carefully referred to as potentially habitable. The furtherance of those claims despite said planets surrounding dim/unstable red dwarfs and indifference to the general finding that most of the characterized versions have no atmosphere, are very hot or very cold. In addition bringing into the discussion potentials of bioneogenic planets surrounding brown dwarfs. 

Edited by PB666

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.