Forum no-nos

Goody1981

33. Mentioning your name of your craft like the rest of us are supposed to know what it even looks like.

"I was orbiting Eeloo in the Eludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator when . . . "

Edited by DChurchill

34. Mentioning RATO units in one of those rogue SSTO discussions.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

9 - Asking a question like "How do you land on Mun?" when what you're having trouble with is your Mun lander flipping out during atmospheric ascent on Kerbin. And it takes 3 pages to get that piece of information out of you.

HEH, that reminds me of a tech support ticket I received, with short description "Printer." and absolutely nothing else.

24 minutes ago, DChurchill said:

33. Mentioning your name of your craft like the rest of us are supposed to know what it even looks like.

"I was orbiting Eeloo in the Eludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator when . . . "

HEY, the XT Mk1's right there in my avatar.  :sticktongue:  Possibly to be replaced with the Mk3...soon.

4 hours ago, Goody1981 said:

In the spirit of fun, what are some classic forum faux pas that are guaranteed to be commented on/corrected? :P

1 - daring to spell "Hohmann" like it sounds

2 - asking "is X cheating?"

3 - replying to "is X cheating?" with anything other than some iteration of "you can't cheat in a single player game"

4 - talking about your "gravity" turn but then also mentioning how you a) had SAS hold prograde, or b) went straight up to 10km then turned 45 degrees

5 - suggesting that Realism Overhaul is anything other than amazing when @regex is around :wink: (it is amazing though)

6 - making the grievous error of saying heating during re-entry is due to friction with the atmosphere 

I know I'm breaking the no nos, but why do you heat up in reentry?  I always thought it was due to friction with the atmosphere :P

1 minute ago, TwinKerbal said:

I know I'm breaking the no nos, but why do you heat up in reentry?  I always thought it was due to friction with the atmosphere :P

If I remember correctly, the air gets compressed in front of you and heats up

23 minutes ago, TwinKerbal said:

Ha I always thought so too until I started reading this forum :) ...and I'm a physics teacher! That's why KSP is so great!

Just now, regex said:

Why would you ever attempt to make that man mad?  Damn saint, I tell you (in the forums at least...)

Me? No, I've never done that, I think. He's holy, and blessed be His name.

But I saw a new guy do it... once.

47. Putting "PSA" in your thread's subject line.

48. Stating either that A) "stock only" or B) "modded" is the correct way to play.

49. Stating that Squad is a marketing company, not a game developer.

50. Starting any thread discussing use of part clipping.

51. Starting a hype train too soon.

52. Starting a hype train thread, taking the conductor/driver spot, and your forum account name is not @GregroxMun

Edited by Xavven
added #49 - #52

2 minutes ago, nightingale said:

53. Calling "the Sun" Kerbol.

;.;

54. Being a jerk without technically breaking any forum rules.

55. Repfishing.

56. Excrement-talking Elon Musk in the "Science and Spaceflight" subforum.

57. Asking for features/mods outside of the game's scope.

2 minutes ago, Andem said:

56. Excrement-talking Elon Musk in the "Science and Spaceflight" subforum.

56a.  Making any mention whatsoever of SpaceX in the "Science and Spaceflight" subforum.

5 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

57. Submitting posts about the forum to General instead of Kerbal Network. (Moved.) 

57a.  Submitting posts about, well, pretty much everything to General, regardless of whether they belong elsewhere.  (Moved.)

60. Denying the fact that Minmus is made of mint ice cream. (It is...)

61. Thinking you're better than Scott Manley.

62. Mods without pics.

63. Mun as "Moon"

64. Capitalizing "Isp" like it's an abbreviation.

Edited by Atlas2342

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.