[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

Hello @Yoloking Mapping, while it is not against the rules to request an update if it's polite (like yours) and non repetitive, please remember that the modding community also have to deal with real life pressures and responsibilities while they create and maintain great free content. Patience is a virtue, especially as we await our favourite mods to be be updated.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:38 PM, Croze97 said:

Wait, you're the same Waz who made WazHack aren't you?

Such a small world of Unity Devs, I absolutely love that game <3 And this mod for that matter, to keep things on topic just a little.

Same hairy developer, yup. Note that I've only been maintaining EVE since @rbray89 disappeared - I just happened to be the dev who'd had most experience with working on it at that time, since I added the animated UV-noise feature. The other changes I've made since have been minor bug fixes and performance tweaks, and of course fixing it if a newer KSP breaks it.

BTW, did you see in the most recent KSP2 gameplay footage: STOCK CLOUDS. Let's hope those are still there by launch and haven't been "optimized out".

As for a 1.9 update, if/when I find a fix for this weird clipping issue shown in recent comments, I can't call it "updated for 1.9". The earlier build "works" as good as anything I've got for 1.9 yet.

Edited by Waz

On 3/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, James Kerman said:

Hello @Yoloking Mapping, while it is not against the rules to request an update if it's polite (like yours) and non repetitive, please remember that the modding community also have to deal with real life pressures and responsibilities while they create and maintain great free content. Patience is a virtue, especially as we await our favourite mods to be be updated.

Thank you for the reminder! I know that the mod developers are having a hard time, I am a person that is very patient and i would like to wait for the mod to be updated. Again, thanks for the reminder!

4 hours ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

Hello,

I am not getting a toolbar for EVE even though I installed everything (correctly?).

https://imgur.com/gallery/BAbj5tS photos of my files. I only have a scatterer tab in menu. My other mods function.

Can someone help me?

Thank you for your time.

You didn’t install it correctly. The folder you need should be named EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements without the -EVE..

It looks like you make have installed the master file, not the release.

32 minutes ago, Yoloking Mapping said:

how did you get it to work?

You can install via CKAN and force install mods even if they are marked as incompatible- select the mod you want, click on 'versions' on the details pane, and check the box on the most recent version. You can also install manually by taking the most recent release from github.

16 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

You can install via CKAN and force install mods even if they are marked as incompatible- select the mod you want, click on 'versions' on the details pane, and check the box on the most recent version. You can also install manually by taking the most recent release from github.

Thanks m8!

When using EVE with Sci-FiVE and ParaSciVE in another time, I discovered that when I see  the ground in a specific angle, The clouds just disappeared. (I installed it with CKAN.) 

JRgDyQLt8viATl6.png

Another problem I found out is when playing with RealPlume, the plume looks weird when seeing towards the clouds.

u3eBQL24kijJdzs.png

Did I make any mistakes when operating? 

(Maybe the second problem is because of realPlume. I don't know.)

EDIT: I found out that @RW-1 have said the same question but still seems to be no answer.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:24 PM, RW-1 said:

It also appers that if I rotate the view, towards the horizon, the clouds appear outside a certain view radius...

Edited by Harvey W.

I believe the cloud bug is a scatterer farclip bug that has been around a long time.  Said bug has been getting worse with 1.9 too.  It should "fix" itself at around 160,000m kerbin altitude.

Are you using scatterer too by chance?

My newer unofficial builds fix it, and even add 1.9 support, but at some cost (scatterer-based shadows are pretty messed up and disabled by default).

Edited by R-T-B

2 minutes ago, Harvey W. said:

For me... I don't use scatterer now because I don't want to let my game's fps drop to powerpoint-like.

Hmmm.......

lol, I get that (it's all a balancing act, isn't it?)

No idea then, just looked like a similar bug so thought I'd ask.

Edited by R-T-B

There is a bug with EVE on 1.9.1 at present.  I discovered it when someone erroneously filed it as a scatterer bug on my new scatterer builds.  Removing scatterer only showed the bug still remained, leaving EVE as the culprit.

I did some digging then, and traced the error down.

Basically, this line of code:

bug.png

Which worked fine in 1.8, I assume.

Is causing both stock and third party plumes to conflict with EVE cloud layers.  Observe:

screenshot538.png

qnfU3rt.png

The fix is simply to change the highlight line to end with "Transparent -1" but I have no idea the repricussions of doing so.  So far for me, it appears to be working for me and makes the plumes both stock and third party work correctly.  I just thought you should be advised of this bug.

Would you like me to open a pull request on gitbub, and/or an issue report?

On 3/8/2020 at 5:44 PM, Waz said:

As for a 1.9 update, if/when I find a fix for this weird clipping issue shown in recent comments, I can't call it "updated for 1.9". The earlier build "works" as good as anything I've got for 1.9 yet.

The weird clipping issue may be coming from scatterer's side.  We had issues with that during our update.  Really even blackrack has fought with that in the past.  It's an ongoing thing.

Edited by R-T-B

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm facing constant visual bugs in my game that I believe are caused by the wrong version of Scatterer what I'm using.

I read on this topic about a fix for 1.9 but I don't know where to find it, so that's why I'm here asking for help, so can someone explain me where do i find it ?

Thank you by your attention.

P.S: Sorry for my poor english, it's been a long time since I last practiced it well.

2 hours ago, Khronos2307 said:

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm facing constant visual bugs in my game that I believe are caused by the wrong version of Scatterer what I'm using.

I read on this topic about a fix for 1.9 but I don't know where to find it, so that's why I'm here asking for help, so can someone explain me where do i find it ?

Thank you by your attention.

P.S: Sorry for my poor english, it's been a long time since I last practiced it well.

Hello! @R-T-B made some builds for 1.9.1 that work and he posted them here.

Download it from the github link and manually install, and it should work.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

22 hours ago, R-T-B said:

There is a bug with EVE on 1.9.1 at present.  I discovered it when someone erroneously filed it as a scatterer bug on my new scatterer builds.  Removing scatterer only showed the bug still remained, leaving EVE as the culprit.

I did some digging then, and traced the error down.

Basically, this line of code:

bug.png

Which worked fine in 1.8, I assume.

Is causing both stock and third party plumes to conflict with EVE cloud layers.  Observe:

screenshot538.png

qnfU3rt.png

The fix is simply to change the highlight line to end with "Transparent -1" but I have no idea the repricussions of doing so.  So far for me, it appears to be working for me and makes the plumes both stock and third party work correctly.  I just thought you should be advised of this bug.

Would you like me to open a pull request on gitbub, and/or an issue report?

The weird clipping issue may be coming from scatterer's side.  We had issues with that during our update.  Really even blackrack has fought with that in the past.  It's an ongoing thing.

Thanks for the help, that plume bug was driving me nuts. However I do not seem to have a Clouds2d.cs in my EVE file. How did you open that in visual studio?

9 minutes ago, whiterhino496 said:

Thanks for the help, that plume bug was driving me nuts. However I do not seem to have a Clouds2d.cs in my EVE file. How did you open that in visual studio?

You'd need to compile it from source.  I would just grab a binary I am temporarily making available from my github fork here, it's easier:

https://github.com/R-T-B/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

I should probably make a release thread for all my fixes.  Just as long as people don't start to get high expectations or anything, I wouldn't mind...  heh.

Edited by R-T-B

51 minutes ago, Harvey W. said:

Great release! Three cheers for @R-T-B!

Well, it seems that the cloud-disappearance bug still kept unsolved. But the plume looks very well. Thanks for keep satisfying us who can't code.

Wow, the terrain is brown and you are missing clouds...  Huh.  I've seen this reported but no one ever sends me a log (I'm sort of wondering if they are using the wrong build or something and realize it part way).  If you feel willing go ahead and go on back to the scatterer thread, and post a log file please.  You can find it as a text file titled "KSP" in your games install directory.

Edited by R-T-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.