[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Went on another grand tour with a firm hold on the F1 key... Screenshot every body (again) for the dossier updates: New and crisp body pics unlike the initial release versions.

Never saw this alignment coming while visiting Otho.

bfjVNsf.jpg

0PQ54xE.jpg

Woah... What's this?

cwtcIaq.jpg

This pack looks great, I am definitely setting up a game in it! I only noticed a texture issue because Iota is basically the first thing you go explore, but the following have polar pinching with sharp lines in the textures (the rest don't so it could have been forgotten or on the docket for a future change, 20/27 ain't bad!):

Argo, Eta, Geminus (very minor), Iota, Hox, Loki, Minona

I'm glad to see the interest in this pack following its official release as well as the number of supporters it has helping out.

Happy New Year!

1 hour ago, Tynrael said:

This pack looks great, I am definitely setting up a game in it! I only noticed a texture issue because Iota is basically the first thing you go explore, but the following have polar pinching with sharp lines in the textures (the rest don't so it could have been forgotten or on the docket for a future change, 20/27 ain't bad!):

Argo, Eta, Geminus (very minor), Iota, Hox, Loki, Minona

I'm glad to see the interest in this pack following its official release as well as the number of supporters it has helping out.

Happy New Year!

Yeah we caught the polar pinching and have fixed it for the next update. I guess I got lazy on some bodies.  I am not back working on this mod as much as I'd like but I am doing some work here and there, so the update will be soonish :)

Over the past week, I've sent a probe to Tellumo (polar orbit):

JbM1OKp.png

I also sent two identical probes to Niven and Gratian.  They're still on their way.  

I've also been developing and testing a lander for Tellumo, as well as a transfer vessel for said lander.  The plan is to launch the lander and transfer vehicle into Gael orbit, dock them together, then send both on their merry way.  Once they arrive, the lander will undock, land, and gather science, while the transfer ship will head to Lili for some space-based science gathering.  When that's done, it'll head back to Tellumo, pick up the lander which should get back to orbit on it's own.

Tested the lander on Gael after cheating the gravity to 1.89 (IIRC, Tellumo's gravity is 1.83 or so).  I wasn't sure if increasing the gravity also increased air density, so I figured if I could make it to a 100km orbit on Gael with slightly higher than Tellumo gravity, I should be okay.  The tricky part will be the landing.  I plan on landing with chutes only, as I'll need every scrap of DV I can get in order to make it to orbit.

@MaxxQ that's a sweet looking orbiter you got there. Hope to see more screenshots soon. :)

Simply raising Gael's gravity mightn't be enough but I'm sure things will work out. Also I put a concept ship in Tellumo orbit but I forgot to screenshot that.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Woah! This Solar System is Awesomelicious:D

Really wanna try this planet pack, but i always tend to start my career oriented on Mün base building/expanding... so im just curious if its possible to add Mun, and if yes then how since its easilly for me to get confused:confused:

1 hour ago, Dr.Wolfram said:

Woah! This Solar System is Awesomelicious:D

Really wanna try this planet pack, but i always tend to start my career oriented on Mün base building/expanding... so im just curious if its possible to add Mun, and if yes then how since its easilly for me to get confused:confused:

Why add mun when Gael has its own "Mun" with Iota and another moon that is quite like Minmus? 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Why add mun when Gael has its own "Mun" with Iota and another moon that is quite like Minmus? 

I noticed that Iota have really low gravity... call me masochist but i really like that difficulty at landing precisely cargo vessels (yup, im weirdo):D

30 minutes ago, Dr.Wolfram said:

I noticed that Iota have really low gravity... call me masochist but i really like that difficulty at landing precisely cargo vessels (yup, im weirdo):D

It's lower gravity but further out, it's really halfway between Mun and Minmus orbit. Also not being at the same inclination you launch from it's really not any easier to land on than the Mun. That said, you can go into Iota's .cfg (\GameData\GPP\Gael) and change; 

radius = 100000      
geeASL = 0.085

to 

radius = 200000      
geeASL = 0.166

and it will match the Mun's size/gravity.

2 hours ago, Dr.Wolfram said:

Okay, masochist fella. :P and @Yargnit go for Ceti first. Ceti is far out like Minmus but has Mun's gravity. Iota has Minmus gravity and this is all on purpose. So....please don't hack the moons.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Okay, masochist fella. :P and @Yargnit go for Ceti first. Ceti is far out like Minmus but has Mun's gravity. Iota has Minmus gravity and this is all on purpose. So....please don't hack the moons.

Hey now, I like the way you set it up. I was just telling him how to change it if he wanted. :wink:

1 hour ago, Turdsandwitch said:

hey is there a way to get the nice looking scatterer oceans and sunflare with this mod?

Sure is! First you need to install scatterer. Then copy the scatterer folder from GPP/optional visual mods or something like that to your gamedata folder and overwrite any existing folders. 

13 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Sure is! First you need to install scatterer. Then copy the scatterer folder from GPP/optional visual mods or something like that to your gamedata folder and overwrite any existing folders. 

you actually dont even need to install scatterer; GPP has a full version of scatterer included. you just need to install it from the optional mods folder

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Benji13 said:

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

you actually dont even need to install scatterer; GPP has a full version of scatterer included. you just need to install it from the optional mods folder

i had it working, but for some reason it doesnt anymore, i dunno. *opens another beer*

21 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Oh well... Since its all on purpose... ill focus basebuilding on Ceti then. Problem solved with 100% hack-free moons:wink:! (Cant wait to share some images, but first i need to find nice photogenic place). And @Yargnit,thanks for pro tip

5 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will FAR work with this? With the custom planets ( and im assuming atmospheres? ) and all?

Ya know,  I haven't tried it yet, but I assume it would...  You could try it and report your findings here so we have more info for future reference 

3 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will FAR work with this? With the custom planets ( and im assuming atmospheres? ) and all?

Theoretically, yes.  FAR just uses whatever atmosphere is there, so it doesn't matter whether you are on Earth, Kerbin, Gael, or whatever other planet you choose.  However, it's my understanding that there's no KSP 1.2+ compatible version of FAR currently available (I think FAR is stuck at KSP 1.1.3).  GPP needs KSP 1.2.1 or later to work, so there's no version of KSP that both mods can run on.  If FAR ever upgrades to a KSP 1.2+ version, then I see no reason why GPP and FAR wouldn't work together.