[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

18 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will FAR work with this? With the custom planets ( and im assuming atmospheres? ) and all?

With the current dev version of FAR for 1.2.2 and GPP every thing is working fine one my end.

As @OhioBob said FAR makes use of whatever atmosphere is present, it doesn't really change the atmosphere but change how parts interact with the atmosphere.

Hey there. This is my first ever post but I've been lurking the forums and playing KSP solid for about 5 months. I just wanted to thank Galileo and all the others who worked or are working on this pack. This planet pack has been a joy to explore and was serious part of my holiday break!

Thanks again and all the best in 2017. 

54 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

With the current dev version of FAR for 1.2.2 and GPP every thing is working fine one my end.

I didn't know there was a dev version.  I search for it and found nothing.  I stand corrected.

43 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I didn't know there was a dev version.  I search for it and found nothing.  I stand corrected.

Yeah it's sort of a fight club type situation, first rule of FAR dev build is you don't talk about FAR dev build, in order to keep the flood of "it's broken you suck!" posts on the FAR thread to a minimum, but it can be acquired from the ksp_update branch on the FAR GitHub, it's been very stable for the past month or so and I've only had a few instances of craft reentering the atmosphere with zero drag lol.

But you didn't hear it from me :wink:

sorry for the off topic Galileo.

I can see replacing any other planet by cutting and pasting config files, but I think Gael-Kerbin would be much more difficult due to it being your parent planet. 

Also, the second Realism Overhaul is released for KSP 1.2.X I will be streaming GPP again - SMURFF and Tweakscale just wasn't doing the 10x scale justice. I needed a 32000 ton rocket for my Niven Landing - in RO that is not that hard to make and it is often barely a million funds. In SMURFF it costs over 10M!.

41 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I can see replacing any other planet by cutting and pasting config files, but I think Gael-Kerbin would be much more difficult due to it being your parent planet. 

All the stock planets are completely deleted and replaced.  One could try going into the file RemoveStockPlanets.cfg and undelete Kerbin, and then delete the file Gael.cfg.  That might put Kerbin back in, but it could very well break other stuff.  This mod has a ton of customization.  The users of the mod are certainly free to try whatever changes they want, but they're on their own.  Don't expect any support from the developers.

(edit)

@ShearOfDoom, I just tried the above suggestion and it works.  However, Kerbin is in Kerbin's orbit, not Gael's.  I don't know what other goofs there may be.

Edited by OhioBob

Attention!

To everyone who gets their KSP endlessly stuck on the empty Loading Screen:

Please ensure that when you install this mod, that everything that's supposed to be in the GPP folder is actually in there and not beside it or elsewhere. KSP will see these things as other mods or simply missing. This practice applies to every other mod.

18 minutes ago, 4d4Garrison said:

When will the Otho and Gauss textures be added to a release? I have the most recent version and it still uses the old textures.

whenever we feel the next update is ready. we are close, but there is still some things we have to work on.. 

3 hours ago, doudou said:

@Galileo I do not want to appear disrespectful, but "soon" it is about how many days? ^_^

Depends of what modder language the "soon" is said in. ScienceAlert was said to update "soon" for patch 1.1 ages ago but it never came. It feels as if they are close though, so i doubt we will get the Science Alert treatment.

Edited by Antonio432

49 minutes ago, Turdsandwitch said:

its the noob here again, got scatterer working, now is there a wiki for this mod with the geo stationary orbit heights etc..?

Under the Overview header (this is on the first page, a few posts down from the starter post, which ALSO has a link to the post I quoted below):

Also, there's a PDF in the zip file you downloaded for GPP that has all that info.

Edited by MaxxQ