[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

I think it would be interesting to have Rald as a moon of Tellumo and the location of the KSC. This would make it easier to get into orbit, but harder to land or get much science from the local area. It would be a different kind of challenge when starting a new game. The slightly-bigger-than-duna Rald would be the perfect size.

Well, its not slightly bigger. its radius is 40% bigger, which translates to just about 2x the surface area, 2.78x the volume, and its nearly 4x the mass (Duna isn't very dense relative to other planets).

I made a version where KSC is on the bigger version of Rald (with Duna and Ike as moons, making the situation somewhat analogous to gathering science on Mun and Minmus).

Getting to orbit on Rald is super easy, which makes getting to other destinations outside its SOI much easier... but I still don't like that because it drags out the time to collect science when you have to wait on transfer windows and long transfer times.

Would one way probes to different Tellumo biomes provide enough science to advance far down the tech tree?

6 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

My intention was that Rald's atmosphere would be tantalizingly close to breathable - but would still not be survivable for a human

My idea was definitely breathable, but just barely. On Earth there are a few settlements around the 5000 meter mark which is about .55atm. So it's quite livable for a person who's adapted. Tho with Kerbalism I've found the CO2 is the problem anyway. The two Kerbals I have stranded at sea level in my test game are slowly succumbing to CO2 poisoning. Not sure what'll happen when they actually run out of supplemental oxygen, either. But aircraft work pretty well and a base should be do-able. :D

ETA: so, um... how exactly IS CO2 figured in the config? I just had a look thru it and I don't see anything.

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

the only way it figures into the config is the average molecular weight of the gas in the atmosphere.

Its also listed in the science reports for the atmospheric analysis.

Now that I've downloaded the community resource pack and TAC, I'm working on a config for rald

27 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No you just need to change your color pallette

Ah, ok... yes, gotcha!

mVh14fl.jpg

In all fairness, I've never had to do that with anything before :P  Does Gratian have some particularly deep/high bits that shift the average way outside of the normal terrain range perchance?

Btw, that mapper's been there for about 5 years... something about this planet is really difficult for Scansat :S

Edited by eddiew

Just now, eddiew said:

Ah, ok... yes, gotcha!

mVh14fl.jpg

In all fairness, I've never had to do that with anything before :P  Does Gratian have some particularly deep/high bits that shift the average way outside of the normal terrain range perchance?

No it doesn't. We don't know what causes it. We just figured out how to deal with it.

1 hour ago, astroheiko said:

I just discovered this order. That would interest me very much. A hard chunk.

MTGFrzL.jpg

Hmmm .... Think about my Tellumo Spaceplane.... install a docking port .... the capsule then take everywhere to the other places .... Hmmmm ....

Or you could have an unmanned craft that hits everyplace else first, then ends with a one-way trip to Tellumo's surface...

5 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Or you could have an unmanned craft that hits everyplace else first, then ends with a one-way trip to Tellumo's surface...

@astroheiko You only need a single probe core to land on all of those places. If you want a kerbal to tag along, he doesn't have to land on tellumo, just drop the core down there at the end of the trip.

Hello everyone! I just found this amazing mod and.. I've got a question! Does any celestial body in this pack contain stock ore? (I can't find it at all) Or maybe I have to install any other mods to find it?

I just want to play in stock-like game with different planets.

P.S. Those planets really looks cool!:confused: Thank you guys!:)

24 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

So, um... it appears I have broken something... :P:blush:

i8EsrHa.png

Before I go freaking out and throwing logs willy-nilly, is this anything obvious? Just installed Research Bodies, is it maybe related to that?

Yes research bodies blurs celestial bodies until you discover them

8 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ah so. Even Gael?

(Crisis avoided, guys! Douse the torches, pitchforks back in the shed! And lock it this time!)

Its supposed to ignore Gael.. are you using the research bodies included in GPP optional mods folder?

8 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Noted. :confused:

I feel the need to correct myself, with research bodies, not ALL bodies are blurred. Ciro, Gael and its moons are always unlocked. The other bodies will blur depending on the difficulty you set and how far out a body is. the easier your settings are, the more bodies are available from the get go

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@astroheiko Tellumo 6, eh? Very interesting....But it's almost like Goliath knows all about Thalia, wanting you to land at its moon but not to land at Thalia itself.

Goliath was gracious. At the time the order appeared, I had already fully explored the Thalia system. It could have happened.

6 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

and

1 hour ago, Luovahulluus said:

@astroheiko You only need a single probe core to land on all of those places. If you want a kerbal to tag along, he doesn't have to land on tellumo, just drop the core down there at the end of the trip.

When I went to sleep, I was already thinking about how to make the mission successful (was a short night). A smaller aircraft for Tellumo etc., however, has always emanated from a manned mission.
I fool ... Of course you are right. That changes EVERYTHING. I will do it.

Just for Science

Turns out Tellumo and tinfoil wheels are a bad combination :/  Took six attempts to get 2km to the nearest tree...

IqN0hsa.jpg

(I should have guessed this, tbh. I would never have sent that kind of rover to Eve, not sure why I thought it was suitable for Tellumo...)

Edited by eddiew