[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

2 hours ago, Zaccy200 said:

I replaced the original Ciro config with the alternate one but instead of it loading Gale and the other planet's It loads the stock system. 

Post your logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. Until you do that, I cannot help you. 

Edited by Galileo

Tonight I shall find out if 4 small radiators can cool a very tiny probe rover on Thalia... if they can, the question is whether I then try for a kermanned lander.

Maybe I should master Niven first, it seems wiser ¬_¬  Still, unlocked 5m rocket parts now, thanks to the huge boost from 10% to 15% science, so finally my lifters have some grunt!

1 hour ago, eddiew said:

Tonight I shall find out if 4 small radiators can cool a very tiny probe rover on Thalia... if they can, the question is whether I then try for a kermanned lander.

Maybe I should master Niven first, it seems wiser ¬_¬  Still, unlocked 5m rocket parts now, thanks to the huge boost from 10% to 15% science, so finally my lifters have some grunt!

The thing that scares the heck out of me is the prospect of trying to plant a flag on either Icarus or Thalia. I know I'll find out eventually if it can be done, but the prospect of one of my veteran Kerbals going up in a puff of smoke makes my stomach knot up.

7 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

The thing that scares the heck out of me is the prospect of trying to plant a flag on either Icarus or Thalia. I know I'll find out eventually if it can be done, but the prospect of one of my veteran Kerbals going up in a puff of smoke makes my stomach knot up.

There needs to be a mod that lets your kerbals survive for x amount of time in high heat situations. Maybe with 3 levels of heat resistance that are unlocked in RnD. Like how engines can be adjusted in the cfgs, but for kerbals.

Edited by Galileo

It's aliiiivee...

XYO3j7J.jpg

But I'm not sure for how long. The solar panels are now glowing red, but the radiators still have some headroom. It might just survive... or it might slowly bake as I trundle to the next biome. But at least I got a decent set of data from it.

(Except that I totally forgot to get any low flying data because I was so flustered by this abominable heating! Argh!)

@Motokid600 - fair warning, I've turned heating down to 40% to help compensate for the high orbital velocities in my 3.2x game... even so, the solar panels reached the very limits of their operating temperature. It proved to be a stable, but very glowy, ride. Imagine you'll need at least twice as much radiating power for 100%...

Hello friends! Quick question: I'm playing GPP along with MKS and I was wondering if anybody found any traces of karborundum in the Galileo system. I have explore Gael and its moons and send probes to Icarus, Thalia and Tellumo, but still haven't found this precious resource. Any clue?

You are evil, Jade. The problem I find is that, as far as I know, to detect karborundum you have to keep openned the window of the scanner and check the percentage in real time, and I usually forget to do so. I'm affraid I might have already skipped over some without notice. Anyway, I accept the mistery and will keep on searching. Knowing Karborundum is present in 4 places is quite a motivation. It can't be far!!

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Howdy @Perringo. I've been tempted only recently to put Karborundum somewhere within Gael's SOI, but no, you won't find any in your back yard. Rest assured, it is present. There are four bodies to check at for it, but I won't spoil. :) 

Something tells me Icarus and Thalia are two of them :P

On the up side, Turtle just about survived to the end of his mission!

WcSVtL4.jpg

The surface is, um... perhaps a little anticlimactic after the hassle of getting to ground ¬_¬

52 minutes ago, james8475 said:

I can"t successful install it, even when I follow the readme instructions. Anything I might be doing wrong?

You need to install the GPP folder from the download, then you can choose optional mods (I highly recommend the visuals) and Kopernicus.

Then your GameData folder will have this folders(minimum, you can add mods): Squad (if you delete that, rethink your life), Kopernicus, GPP, ModularFlightIntegrator and the .dll Module Manager.

4 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

If you can give me oh, like, 10 hours, I'll send you my config that locks it perfectly in the sky just west of the space center. :kiss:

Couldn't you just make a screenshot of it? 

And in the east :P ????                 (lol,jk)

I've just had a totally crazy idea: 1 Rald west from the space center and 1 Rald east of it. (Would cause mass extinction and worse, but eh, we don't need Gael.)

Edited by DarkFighter

52 minutes ago, james8475 said:

I can"t successful install it, even when I follow the readme instructions. Anything I might be doing wrong?

There is a lot you could have done wrong but nobody can help you without an output log or a screenshot of your gamedata

5 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

If you can give me oh, like, 10 hours, I'll send you my config that locks it perfectly in the sky just west of the space center. :kiss:

I'm going to have to grab this when you've uploaded them too. The eye candy of that being in the sky is just hard to pass up on. As long as it doesn't mess up the rest of GPP. So far, I've only explored Iota, and I want to see the rest of it. :) 

Oh, and speaking of exploring Iota, might as well post some screenshots:

DjQbuml.jpg

f3S9vXM.jpg

aNEZvfG.jpg

Unfortunately, I forgot to catch screenshots of my kerballed lander on the surface with the flag and everything. 

31 minutes ago, Fobok said:

I'm going to have to grab this when you've uploaded them too. The eye candy of that being in the sky is just hard to pass up on. As long as it doesn't mess up the rest of GPP. So far, I've only explored Iota, and I want to see the rest of it. :) 

aNEZvfG.jpg

Ooooh what command pod is that? And the rest of the sticky-outie sciency-looking bits?

I suspect Rald may occasionally get in the way of transfers to other bodies, tho it might get you the odd gravity assist too. 

@Galileo, at al: I think I can compress everything down to a single config, but I'll need some assistance with the MM code for only activating some of it (Kerbalism, etc)

53 minutes ago, DarkFighter said:

Couldn't you just make a screenshot of it? 

And in the east :P ????                 (lol,jk)

Not when I'm 20+ miles away from my computer, no. :sticktongue:

I can tell you how to put it in the east instead, that's an easy tweak. Two of them, now... well I suppose such an arrangement might be quasi-stable at the 60 degree Lagrange points, but KSP doesn't care about that anyway, so...

12 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ooooh what command pod is that? And the rest of the sticky-outie sciency-looking bits?

It's the Salamander command pod. It's from one of the USi mods, MKS I think. (But I'm not positive.) The science bits come from a mix of stock, Bluedog Design Bureau, and Dmagic... I believe that's all, but there might be one or two other mods with science parts mixed in. I basically just went through my science parts and stuck on everything that would fit. :) 

12 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I suspect Rald may occasionally get in the way of transfers to other bodies, tho it might get you the odd gravity assist too. 

@Galileo, at al: I think I can compress everything down to a single config, but I'll need some assistance with the MM code for only activating some of it (Kerbalism, etc)

That's something that can be dealt with. :) And yeah, having the MM stuff for using parts only with certain mods present would be good. I, for example, don't need the Kerbalism stuff, since I use USI Life Support. 

3 hours ago, DarkFighter said:

How do I put Rald in keostationary orbit?

EDIT: I think I have to edit these... nIvGzLV.png

Geostationary orbit around Gael requires,

semiMajorAxis = 3462938.64

The value you've got there is for Kerbin.

To change the location on the surface of Gael over which Rald is positioned, change meanAnomalyAtEpoch.  meanAnomalyAtEpoch is measured in radians.

Edited by OhioBob

15 hours ago, Perringo said:

You are evil, Jade. The problem I find is that, as far as I know, to detect karborundum you have to keep openned the window of the scanner and check the percentage in real time, and I usually forget to do so. I'm affraid I might have already skipped over some without notice. Anyway, I accept the mistery and will keep on searching. Knowing Karborundum is present in 4 places is quite a motivation. It can't be far!!

Just look in the places that are really difficult to get to.  All you have to do is.... overcome really difficult challenges. :wink: