Your alarm clock

Azimech

What does your alarm clock sound like?

Mine ... I have the complete Led Zeppelin discography in my phone, for three years now every morning a different tune. No, according to other people I haven't become more mad. Except my girl but that's normal.

2 hours ago, Azimech said:

What does your alarm clock sound like?

Mine ... I have the complete Led Zeppelin discography in my phone, for three years now every morning a different tune. No, according to other people I haven't become more mad. Except my girl but that's normal.

Mine sounds like the most annoying alarm clock type sound I can find. Playing songs is the best way hating them sooner or later. They can also be less effective than a proper alarm sound.

The default ringtone of my phone, which is my alarm clock. It's called "VZW Airwaves" and I bet you can guess my provider based on that :D

I wake up REALLY easily, and only wake up to the actual alarm once every couple months.

Edited by 5thHorseman

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I'm up before my alarm. My alarm is set for 530 a.m, bit I'm already out of bed and onto cup of coffee number two by then. This morning, for example, I was out of bed at 4:15.

I always wonder at what time people go to sleep if they are up that early.

28 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

The default ringtone of my phone, which is my alarm clock. It's called "VZW Airwaves" and I bet you can guess my provider based on that :D

I wake up REALLY easily, and only wake up to the actual alarm once every couple months.

Are you a U2 fan? Not the worst sound to wake up to.

1 hour ago, Camacha said:

I always wonder at what time people go to sleep if they are up that early.

I work third shift, so my schedule isn't similar to most anybody else's. But I frequently go to sleep around 10am and wake up at 2-3pm.

My alarm goes off hours later at 7pm. It's more a "hey stop screwing around and get ready for work" than it is "wake up!"

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Are you a U2 fan? Not the worst sound to wake up to.

I was, back in the 90s. Nothing against them I just moved on to other genres. I don't recognize the song as a U2 song.

Edited by 5thHorseman

I have a stereotypical analog clock, complete with the giant bells on top. It therefore makes a generic ringing sound. When I bought it I figured it would sound like a U-boat dive alarm right out of Das Boot, but most mornings I subconsciously get out of bed, walk the five feet to where it is, turn the dammed thing off, and go right back to bed to salvage what I can of my sleep.

I just use one of the default sounds on my iPhone 6.  It's set for 9:00am every day.  Work starts at ten, and I have only 200 feet to walk to get there (it's nice when the business is on the same property as the home).

Sometimes, one of the two Dobermans (Dobermen? :D ) will wake me up before the alarm goes off.

What is an "alarm clock", I do not know of this wizardry.

But seriously I haven't had to use one in years and when I do, I hate it, not to mention, they don't work on me. I put it across the room and I still sleep walk, hit the button and go back to sleep and I could do it for hours before I finally wake up. So for me, setting an alarm clock at 2am for me to finally wake up at 6 just isn't feasible.

Sorry but nothing beats a good ol' human screaming "GET UP".

I've once set my alarm to this on max volume so that I could wake up to watch a SpaceX launch on the internet:

Somehow, I forgot that I had set the alarm to it when I woke up, so I had no clue about what was happening. I got up and started looking out my window, wondering what the heck was that siren for (it was loud as hell). Seeing nothing special, I remembered that the city I live in doesn't have any sirens except for police cars, and police cars sound nothing like that. That caused me to remember that I had the alarm set up to play that noise, and I rushed to my phone, covering its speakers and turning it down nearly in panic not to wake up my parents.

I got really worried when the siren started playing, though, since I had no idea it was my phone. I woke up thinking there was some kind of attack or disaster going on.

46 minutes ago, c4ooo said:

My alarm clock is the default alarm sound on my phone. Never hear it though becouse i always wake up exactly 5 minutes before my alarm sounds :P

That happened to me for about a year, except I woke up 1 hour before my alarm rang and I couldn't get back to sleep.

Those were dark days...

2 hours ago, c4ooo said:

My alarm clock is the default alarm sound on my phone. Never hear it though becouse i always wake up exactly 5 minutes before my alarm sounds :P

Not always (because as I said above I'm usually up hours before the alarm goes off) but it's odd how often I do this as well.

Edited by 5thHorseman

7 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Thinking of changing it to the 4, 3, 2, 1 part of Major Tom: Coming Home, though.

AND SO YOU MUST! :D

Has anyone ever watched the Call of Cthulhu fan movie from 2005 (silent black and white and all)? My alarm clock is from its soundtrack, called "Fevered Dreams" if I'm not mistaken. But I always wake up half an hour before it and bury my head in my pillow desperately trying to get that extra half hour >.<

3 hours ago, monstah said:

AND SO YOU MUST! :D

First I need to buy a copy of the song. Thinking of getting the Different Story | World of Lust and Crime album on CD for $10 on Amazon and downloading the mp3 files to my computer and making a ringtone.

13 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

I've once set my alarm to this .....

Boy does that sound bring back memories. During the late 50's and throughout the 60's, air raid sirens were tested every Saturday at noon all over our state (pretty much all over the eastern coast of the US as well). A 60 second long 'alert' burst was sounded. It was LOUD and you heard it no matter where you were. Having practiced it regularly in elementary school, we kids would play 'air raid' and do a duck and cover whenever the sirens sounded.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.