Mission idea: Kerbal Dakar 2017

Triop

Hey all, just a PSA .....

If you set up refueling stations at each flag and use docking ports to do your refueling, when you decouple your craft from the refueling station the mission timer is rest back to 0

EDIT: You will have to set your refueling stations as bases to use this quirk of KSP ... Place your refueling stations then go to the tracking station, select a refueling station, click on the 'i' looking button on the lower right to bring up the craft info and then double click on the name of the station (Black type on orange background) ... Select station as the icon to be used and save

Edited by DoctorDavinci

4 minutes ago, CranialRectosis said:

I find the game likes to put rocks and trees right on the other side of the hilltops... :)

The sweepers will get you out of that tree, no worries. :lol:

Allmost at the end of stage twooooooooooooooooo

giphy.gif

Just now, Triop said:

I love scooters, my ride:

2012-Kymco-NewSento50ie.jpg

There's a Honda Elite 150 engine in pieces on my workbench and a '59 Lambretta LD 150 under it waiting for me to start rebuilding it.

5 minutes ago, regex said:

There's a Honda Elite 150 engine in pieces on my workbench and a '59 Lambretta LD 150 under it waiting for me to start rebuilding it.

Citta gilera...not mine, but I need this.....:confused:

maxresdefault.jpg

Citta gilera, My childhood.  ^_^

@Cupcake... would love this. :wink:

Edited by Triop

23 minutes ago, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

Checks out. 

I crashed the Vespa ('74 Rally 200), cracked the engine somewhere no one could find. It barely ran after that. :( Bought the Elite from a friend and ripped off all the plastic, rebuilt the seat, took the tank from my Vespa because it was bigger, etc...

uLu5i7a.jpg

All the pictures of me on the Vespa are in backup, sorry, you'll just have to trust me. :wink: 

16 minutes ago, regex said:

I crashed the Vespa ('74 Rally 200), cracked the engine somewhere no one could find. It barely ran after that. :( Bought the Elite from a friend and ripped off all the plastic, rebuilt the seat, took the tank from my Vespa because it was bigger, etc...

F48yysS.jpg

All the pictures of me on the Vespa are in backup, sorry, you'll just have to trust me. :wink: 

:sticktongue:

Edited by Triop

Unfortunately, I will have to pull out of this race, due to a random corruption in the save file. I went into it and found that all my craft had been deleted, I couldn't launch anything, and when I restarted KSP the save file had deleted itself. :mad:;.;

Spoiler

AAAGGH!!!! :mad:

Edited by TheEpicSquared

9 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Unfortunately, I will have to pull out of his race, due to a random corruption in the save file. I went into it and found that all my craft had been deleted, I couldn't launch anything, and when I restarted KSP the save file had deleted itself. :mad:;.;

Hide contents

Que? All your creations are gone or just your creations you placed around the track?

2 hours ago, Azimech said:

Que? All your creations are gone or just your creations you placed around the track?

Everything in the save, unfortunately. And with just a day left to rebuild and test my rover, I've lost interest. :( 

EDIT: However, I'm making my own rally at the moment, and I'm almost done. I just have to make a dropbox account and upload the save file, make a thread, and I'm done. I'll announce it here (if that's ok with you @Triop) and on the Official Kerbal Racing Season thread, by myself and @Oliverm001x. :) 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

50 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

Wait, do I have to use a different vehicle for every portion of the track, or just one successful run per vehicle?

One successful run (same vehicle) with no quickloads as far as I am aware 

Also @Triop is the deadline for submission in the end on January? If it is I assume vehicle development can continue until the end of January?

15 minutes ago, mrmcp1 said:

One successful run (same vehicle) with no quickloads as far as I am aware 

Also @Triop is the deadline for submission in the end on January? If it is I assume vehicle development can continue until the end of January?

So I was under the impression that the race started on January 1st 2017 ... seeing as it is December 31st 2016, isn't it a bit premature to post an entry?

@Triop?

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

So I was under the impression that the race started on January 1st 2017 ... seeing as it is December 31st 2016 isn't it a bit premature to post an entry?

@Triop?

I assumed as the thread was up times were ok to be submitted (won't improve on my time though)

Still got 2 entries to submit 

2 minutes ago, mrmcp1 said:

I assumed as the thread was up times were ok to be submitted (won't improve on my time though)

Well,in some parts of the world it's already 2017 so...:lol:

2 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Unfortunately, I will have to pull out of his race, due to a random corruption in the save file. I went into it and found that all my craft had been deleted, I couldn't launch anything, and when I restarted KSP the save file had deleted itself. :mad:;.;

Reveal hidden contents

O dear...

2 minutes ago, mrmcp1 said:

So if this challenge is called Dakar 2017 and it is still 2016 ..........

I refer you to the OP of this thread where it is clearly stated at the top that the race starts on 1/1/2017