[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Sure, feel free to send a PR.

For the thread in general... what I do each release is gather all of the PRs, then do a pass through the issues lists (ones with saves get priority :P) then add any other goodies.

And right now, working on a major Christmas present that you should get before Christmas :wink:

Regarding the indev rock drills, for them to work Rock will have to be added to the CRP ResourceConfigs.

While I was at at that, I also noticed a small oddity: the 1.25m MPU produced Fertiliser 2.5x as efficiently with Gypsum as it does with Minerals, but the 2.5m/3.75m have the same efficiency for both. If that's a bug, I'll fix that at the same time (is it a bug?).

Edited by voicey99

In #1237 I went round and added Rock as an available bit to all drills (equivalent in production to their Dirt modes) and as a byproduct to all raw resource conversions equal to the sum of the regular outputs (excl. Recyclables) except in the case of Gypsum->Fertiiser (1/5 of normal, since gypsum is basically fertiliserand to give the Minerals version an advantage), Hydrates->Water (1/4 of normal, you aren't going to get much rock out of ice) and sifters (40% of total inputs for Dirt sifting and 20% of total inputs for Lode sifting, the stuff you're feeding in is mostly rock anyway). Now we're just waiting on @JadeOfMaar to PR in their new Kontainer tex (I'll make the PR for you if you can't figure out how) and RD to update the CRP.

1Not really. IRL it's a soil neutraliser, but doesn't actually contain any nutrients.

Edited by voicey99

3 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Regarding the indev rock drills, for them to work Rock will have to be added to the CRP ResourceConfigs.

While I was at at that, I also noticed a small oddity: the 1.25m MPU produced Fertiliser 2.5x as efficiently with Gypsum as it does with Minerals, but the 2.5m/3.75m have the same efficiency for both. If that's a bug, I'll fix that at the same time (is it a bug?).

Gypsum fertilizer should be more efficient across the board

Just now, RoverDude said:

Gypsum fertilizer should be more efficient across the board

Well it wasn't, the 2.5m and 3.75m MPUs had the same efficiencies for both. Regardless, I bundled that in the PR as well.

I'm having a bit of an issue related to RemoteTech where unmanned modules (ie Tundra Pioneer, Tundra Medical Bay etc.) have Local Control status regardless of network connection. At first I figured MKS just didn't have remotetech support, but there's the file MKS_OKS_RT2.cfg in its folder, so I don't really know what the deal is.

51 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Not really. IRL it's a soil neutraliser, but doesn't actually contain any nutrients.

Well, gypsum does contain calcium, which is used to produce fertilizer. You also need phosphates and ammonia though. 

@RoverDude @voicey99 I believe I have made my PR. I've run into a little confusion with (and don't know whether to re-add) some lines of attach nodes at the tops of the tall kontainrs' configs since I edited the files from the current latest download from the releases page, not from a download of the repo in its current state. Sorry for that.

Spoiler

xx6GoaM.png?1

I wonder if some way we could force the tundra modules to keep their conic adapters while attached on the closest node when in this layout. This would make those ultra-compact designs a lot more pleasing to the eye. (if I drop the item it removes the cap since it is the nearest, 3.75m, node)

2 minutes ago, Djohaal said:
  Hide contents

xx6GoaM.png?1

I wonder if some way we could force the tundra modules to keep their conic adapters while attached on the closest node when in this layout. This would make those ultra-compact designs a lot more pleasing to the eye. (if I drop the item it removes the cap since it is the nearest, 3.75m, node)

There's a node helper tool for that...  Drop the part someplace else, attach the node helper tool to the node you *don't* want to use, then pick the module back up and move it into place.  Then you can remove the node helper.

Alternately, you can use one of the static adapter parts instead of the built-in adapter, and attach the module to the adaptor part.

5 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Well it wasn't, the 2.5m and 3.75m MPUs had the same efficiencies for both. Regardless, I bundled that in the PR as well.

I did PR #1221 for that few days before. Just head ups for @RoverDude, that there are some other changes too, to resolve conflicts during merge :)

Edited by maja

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@RoverDude @voicey99 I believe I have made my PR. I've run into a little confusion with (and don't know whether to re-add) some lines of attach nodes at the tops of the tall kontainrs' configs since I edited the files from the current latest download from the releases page, not from a download of the repo in its current state. Sorry for that.

The version that's on the git master branch is the latest release, since RD only updates it (by transferring everything over from the dev branch) for a new release (also, the redipak and SK-62 don't have a Rock mode, might want to add that).

On 3/28/2017 at 4:25 PM, voicey99 said:

Was it around Dres or one of the Outer Planets from OPM (if you have CustonAsteroids)? Because asteroids are not supposed to naturally orbit Kerbin.

When I was setting up my first asteroid capture mission as a way to get my 'dock in Kerbol orbit' exploration task completed, I noticed an asteroid in a highly elliptical orbit of Kerbin.

I think it hit the Mun or Minmus SOI and that changed it's trajectory enough to capture it inside the Kerbin SOI(at least until it's next encounter).

I do not have any asteroid related mods, so it can certainly happen in the base game.

(I plan to collect it as soon as I get my currently hooked asteroid stowed on my science station in LKO, but it may be making stops at Mun or Minmus first for refueling/science collection activities...)

I made a module manager config that adds proper remotetech support to MKS modules for anyone that wants it.

@PART[Ranger_AnchorHub]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_275_Hab]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_425_Hab]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Agriculture250]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Agriculture375]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Airlock]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Akademy]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_ASM]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_AssemblyPlant]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Hub250]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Hub250_Short]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Kerbitat250]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Kerbitat375]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Kolonist250]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Kolonist375]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_MedBay250]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_MedBay375]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_MultiHub]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_NukeProc]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_PDU]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_PioneerLC]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_RecyclingPlant]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Refinery]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_RegSifter]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

@PART[Tundra_Workshop250]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@voicey99 Sorry. I don't know what the SK-62 is. Where is its config file?

If you haven't found it already, it's MountableSupPak.cfg

31 minutes ago, Terwin said:

When I was setting up my first asteroid capture mission as a way to get my 'dock in Kerbol orbit' exploration task completed, I noticed an asteroid in a highly elliptical orbit of Kerbin.

I think it hit the Mun or Minmus SOI and that changed it's trajectory enough to capture it inside the Kerbin SOI (at least until it's next encounter).

I do not have any asteroid related mods, so it can certainly happen in the base game.

(I plan to collect it as soon as I get my currently hooked asteroid stowed on my science station in LKO, but it may be making stops at Mun or Minmus first for refuelling/science collection activities...)

Sometimes when in map view, it shows asteroids as in orbit (even if they are on a hyperbolic trajectory) until you target the roid, at which point it shows their orbit properly. And yes, things can perform reverse gravity assists with a retrograde flyby to slow down-asteroids never spawn in Kerbin orbit so by default they always come in on hyperbolic trajectories unless something brakes them (check its orbital direction-if it's retrograde they it was probably captured, if it's prograde then something weird is going on).

17 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Well, gypsum does contain calcium, which is used to produce fertilizer. You also need phosphates and ammonia though. 

Oops, confused it with lime.

3 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

@goldenpsp - thanks, I assume there's an issue for it - will be doing a UI rework there anyway :)

I've seen other reports of this - it might have been in the hiring facility mod.  It's apparently related to UI scaling from what I remember.  @goldenpsp, do you have your UI scaled to less than 100%?