[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Just now, A_beholder said:

K. Will combine this with space potatoes suggestion for sanic speeds to get a fast intercept with kerlon.

For a budding space program you'd want to get as much science at a (relatively) small cost, I recommend Nova Kirbani (Kirb, Kelin, Kernim). It's a lot of bodies (28 I think) that are much closer to Kerbin that Kerolon. Kerolon is one of the farthest star systems from Kerbin, with far less bodies, so it would be more of a quest to take a bit later. But, Kerolon has a really cool star system, so it would be a good idea to head there later if you have access to an Alcubierre Drive.

1 minute ago, TheSpacePotato said:

For a budding space program you'd want to get as much science at a (relatively) small cost, I recommend Nova Kirbani (Kirb, Kelin, Kernim). It's a lot of bodies (28 I think) that are much closer to Kerbin that Kerolon. Kerolon is one of the farthest star systems from Kerbin, with far less bodies, so it would be more of a quest to take a bit later. But, Kerolon has a really cool star system, so it would be a good idea to head there later if you have access to an Alcubierre Drive.

Rare drawing mission plan and dv calculations...

when I get home there is a nuke with a probe core, antenna, and science strapped on heading for Nova Kerbani at 30 percent (fastest I think I can make somthing go without cheats or warp drives) the speed of light.

1 hour ago, A_beholder said:

Rare drawing mission plan and dv calculations...

when I get home there is a nuke with a probe core, antenna, and science strapped on heading for Nova Kerbani at 30 percent (fastest I think I can make somthing go without cheats or warp drives) the speed of light.

You don't even need to be going at 30% the speed of light to get there quickly. A probe moving at a million m/s would be able to reach Nova Kirbani in no more than 2 years.

9 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

See how to fix clouds at the DLlink

His issue is not the clouds. Remember the message I sent you with the yellow stripes planet?

lCHuIRj.jpg

That is what he is talking about. You have created the same problem by converting all of your textures to dds. If you are going to use dds textures, what you need to do is move ALL of the planet textures out of the plugindata folders and change the directory in the configs accordingly. This will increase the games initial load time, unfortunately. Or, you can switch back to png

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

His issue is not the clouds. Remember the message I sent you with the yellow stripes planet?

lCHuIRj.jpg

That is what he is talking about. You have created the same problem by converting all of your textures to dds. If you are going to use dds textures, what you need to do is move ALL of the planet textures out of the plugindata folders and change the directory in the configs accordingly. This will increase the games initial load time, unfortunately. Or, you can switch back to png

damn --- choices :P

2 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I did some testing and was still able to get to The Creator in 0.6. Here's a little evidence for those willing to see.

Hide contents

screenshot611.png?dl=1

The 2 stars on the left of The All, are Kerolon and Kelaris upside down right?

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

The 2 stars on the left of The All, are Kerolon and Kelaris upside down right?

I don't know. As much as it could be, there is also evidence that they aren't Kerolon and Kelaris. Looking at the lens flares, all of them come from behind The All, meaning that Kerolon and Kelaris should be behind The All. It might just be a couple pixels from The All's atmosphere :P

2 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I don't know. As much as it could be, there is also evidence that they aren't Kerolon and Kelaris. Looking at the lens flares, all of them come from behind The All, meaning that Kerolon and Kelaris should be behind The All. It might just be a couple pixels from The All's atmosphere :P

hahaha okay, or is The All bending the fabric of spacetime? :P

Well okay. I found a really bad bug that makes this mod unplayable. If put something in orbit, then save the game, leave the game, relaunch the game, then open up the save, the orbits get all shifted and moved around which causes them all to crash into the planet. Not sure if that has been documented or pointed out, but I honestly cannot use this mod. Currently running the mod without any other mods.

38 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Well okay. I found a really bad bug that makes this mod unplayable. If put something in orbit, then save the game, leave the game, relaunch the game, then open up the save, the orbits get all shifted and moved around which causes them all to crash into the planet. Not sure if that has been documented or pointed out, but I honestly cannot use this mod. Currently running the mod without any other mods.

Please refer to problem 4 on the front page:

4. The orbits of my vessels changed while using KSS.

It has been recently solved, and should fix that issue.

50 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Thank you. All though I wouldn't quite call that "problem solved", more of a work around. Hopefully this gets fully fixed sometime. Has  it always been like this?

16 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Thank you. All though I wouldn't quite call that "problem solved", more of a work around. Hopefully this gets fully fixed sometime. Has  it always been like this?

Although I've never come across this problem, I believe it's been happening for at least since 0.5.

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Does anyone know what's causing it?

I wouldn't call that fixed either. This is the only planet pack I have seen with this issue, but I haven't studied the cfgs since the very early stages of this mod, so I can't be much of a help here. I remember some of the cfgs having some irrelevant nodes and some odd different ways of accomplishing some of its features and if those things have not been addressed and changed, they may be contributing to some of the weird issues that seem to be exclusive to KSS.

Just now, Galileo said:

Does anyone know what's causing it?

I wouldn't call that fixed either. This is the only planet pack I have seen with this issue, but I haven't studied the cfgs since the very early stages of this mod, so I can't be much of a help here. I remember some of the cfgs having some irrelevant nodes and some odd different ways of accomplishing some of its features and if those things have not been addressed and changed, they may be contributing to some of the weird issues that seem to be exclusive to KSS.

You know what? I think I do know the cause of this glitch. I've seen it in other mod packs such as New Horizons, and I think it's a result of Kerbin being reparented. Kerbol in KSS is not the stock sun (The All is), and I remember seeing a bug in Kopernicus (I think) about this happening when Kerbin is reparented.

8 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

You know what? I think I do know the cause of this glitch. I've seen it in other mod packs such as New Horizons, and I think it's a result of Kerbin being reparented. Kerbol in KSS is not the stock sun (The All is), and I remember seeing a bug in Kopernicus (I think) about this happening when Kerbin is reparented.

So why not cbNameLater the Sun to The All and make kerbol its own star with a sun template? That way, kerbin isn't reparented and avoids the issue and everything maintains its current position?

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

So why not cbNameLater the Sun to The All and make kerbol its own star with a sun template? That way, kerbin isn't reparented and avoids the issue

I think StarCrusher wanted all the stars to orbit The All. That way it's more like a galaxy than everything orbiting Kerbol.

1 minute ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I think StarCrusher wanted all the stars to orbit The All. That way it's more like a galaxy than everything orbiting Kerbol.

Everything would still be orbiting The All with what I'm proposing. 

Absolutely nothing would change in terms of placement of the other bodies

Edited by Galileo

Just now, TheSpacePotato said:

Now I see what you mean. My knowledge on coding is still limited, but what you proposed sounds like it will work.

I know it will. It will just take renaming and changing some reference bodies in the cfgs.

52 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I know it will. It will just take renaming and changing some reference bodies in the cfgs.

PLEASE FIX THIS... this is why I stopped playing KSP altogether like 4 or 5 months ago.. hoping 0.6 would fix it... I'm happy to use the work around, but I still cant play it because of the non-functional focusing on planet's / moons bug in the tracking station and map ;.;;.;

Edited by Voodoo8648

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Well then how come this doesn't happen to the mods that position Kerbin in a different system so as GPP or Duna Start? 

Just now, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Well then how come this doesn't happen to the mods that position Kerbin in a different system so as GPP or Duna Start? 

GPP doesn't reparent Kerbin, Gael is Kerbin renamed to Gael and the sun is just renamed to Ciro. This is what I'm suggesting KSS does. The GPP is the same system as stock. Only names and textures have changed. This is how GPP stays compatible with so many mods. I developed it that way for a reason. 

Just now, Galileo said:

GPP doesn't reparent Kerbin, Gael is Kerbin renamed to Gael and the sun is just renamed to Ciro. This is what I'm suggesting KSS does. The GPP is the same system as stock. Only names and textures have changed. This is how GPP stays compatible with so many mods. I developed it that way for a reason. 

How about Duna Start then?