[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

4 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

That plugin did not work for me. I am able to focus on Kerbol (the sun) but I am not able to focus on Moons, planets or other stars.

I also want to add that this problem is persistent in the tracking station as well as in the Map. Also, If I focus on the sun, I am not able to re-focus on Kerbin  

2 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I also want to add that this problem is persistent in the tracking station as well as in the Map. Also, If I focus on the sun, I am not able to re-focus on Kerbin  

And this happens with the basic version? Its weird that only a few have this ...

Edited by StarCrusher96

26 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

I'm not getting clouds. I see that there's something called "Clouds_Fix.cfg". Does this help? If so, how do you install it?

The fix is just a guide for when you already have the clouds but they look too bright ... Clouds are not stable right now - fixing it asap.

@StarCrusher96 Are the star systems static / stationary in space or are they in motion or on some sort of orbit? If they are in motion, is there a way you can add orbit rings or a way to understand the direction of their movement? What do they orbit? What is the best way to navigate to the stars?

I zoomed into Korlon and it is a yellow star. Is Korlon supposed to be an exploded star nebula in 0.6?

Also, I am unable to find "The ALL"... I have zoomed all the way out and looked everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

@StarCrusher96 Are the star systems static / stationary in space or are they in motion or on some sort of orbit? If they are in motion, is there a way you can add orbit rings or a way to understand the direction of their movement? What do they orbit? What is the best way to navigate to the stars?

I zoomed into Korlon and it is a yellow star. Is Korlon supposed to be an exploded star nebula in 0.6?

Also, I am unable to find "The ALL"... I have zoomed all the way out and looked everywhere.

The stars are in orbit around The All (I think it takes ~2.5 million years for 1 orbit), they all move in different directions but it's so slow you will only notice it in a thousand years :P I removed the orbits to make the mapmode less chaotic and i think making them again visible does not have any purpose (because the stars are almost stationary). You can remove the HideOrbit_stars.cfg (you'll find this here: KSS/KopernicusFiles/Stars) to make them visible again though. I think everybody chooses how to get to them but I like a slingshot around Kerbol or Jool/Voon. (It will take some time to get there :D)

Korlon is a star in the process of dying, It already expanded and lost some mass -> the planetary nebula. The original star was not massive enough to allow a supernova so only a planetary nebula and a white dwarf will remain (In a few thousand / million years).

The All is ingame but because of the distance and its size the game loads it when really close (I cant change this), All stars orbit it but like i said before, The All and The Creator don't like visitors!

Edited by StarCrusher96

Just now, Mr Betelgeuse said:

One thing I noticed is that some of the planets and moons are completely black. And if I restart, it will fix it, but then other planets and moons with become black. 

Do you have visuals installed? Usually that happens when visuals are installed. It's probably the eclipse feature. If you timewarp it'll brighten back up.

52 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

One thing I noticed is that some of the planets and moons are completely black. And if I restart, it will fix it, but then other planets and moons with become black. 

I have the same problem. The planet is a bright solid white on the day side and a dark solid black on the night side. this is just a few planets (including the planet Eve)

This is Eve

Capture2_zpsjuchhoqn.png

31 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I have the same problem. The planet is a bright solid white on the day side and a dark solid black on the night side. this is just a few planets (including the planet Eve)

This is Eve

Capture2_zpsjuchhoqn.png

Press Alt+0, go to the clouds config settings and then set it so it says KSS/KSS-Clouds/KSS_Clouds_Settings, then press Apply and that should be fixed

18 minutes ago, Krimverse said:

Starcrusher told me if I wanted to show this to Kottabos for review, he would want me to wait for 0.6 to be out before doing so. Should we "convince" him to go ahead and check out the mod?

I'd say that's up to StarCrusher. He's told me he wants the mod to be more complete when 0.6 was still developed. I would love to see Kottabos review this, and I think he would surely be impressed. But, I still think KSS could develop a bit more before it's review-ready. If I felt a review should happen now, I would've spammed Kottabos with recommendations already :P

I have encountered a problem with Contracts. The only contracts available in the Mission Control is "Explore the Kerbol". This problem is happening on a brand new career mode and there are no other mods installed other than KSS.

There are 4 contracts with explore the kerbol.. It seems that they are different missions, but even the credit and science rewards are not proportionate to the level of difficulty of going to Kerbol. 

Capture_zpsggzsgmuo.png

8 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Shadows ... 

5 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I have encountered a problem with Contracts. The only contracts available in the Mission Control is "Explore the Kerbol". This problem is happening on a brand new career mode and there are no other mods installed other than KSS.

There are 4 contracts with explore the kerbol.. It seems that they are different missions, but even the credit and science rewards are not proportionate to the level of difficulty of going to Kerbol. 

Capture_zpsggzsgmuo.png

So when you start a career the first contracts are those for kerbol?

9 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Capture_zpsggzsgmuo.png

That's super weird. I didn't have that problem. Do you have any contracting configuring mods that add, edit, or remove contracts? That's my guess if any because I have an incredibly mod-heavy save with KSS, but not contract mods and it works fine. 

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Shadows ... 

So when you start a career the first contracts are those for kerbol?

yes, I installed new version of KSP on three different computers and all three begin with those four contracts labeled Explore the Kerbol.

Again this is on an un-modded version of KSP with only KSS installed. No contract configuring mods @Mr Betelgeuse

Edited by Voodoo8648

10 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

yes, I installed new version of KSP on three different computers and all three begin with those four contracts labeled Explore the Kerbol.

Again this is on an un-modded version of KSP with only KSS installed. No contract configuring mods @Mr Betelgeuse

That's really strange. It took me a few installs to get everything working, but I never had that problem. Have you tried making a new career save? Have you done all the fixes in the drop box?

32 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

That's really strange. It took me a few installs to get everything working, but I never had that problem. Have you tried making a new career save? Have you done all the fixes in the drop box?

I literally installed KSP on three different computers with only KSS and all three I got the contracts "Explore the Kerbol." I installed KSP multiple times on the same computer and each time I got the Explore the Kerbol contracts. But after starting a new career and overwriting the old save name, this seems to have fixed the contract problem and now they are normal contracts. (tested on 2 different computers)

the fix:

1. After initially installing KSS, start a career

2. Back out to the main menu and start a new career again

3. Delete the first career started.

Edited by Voodoo8648

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

@Voodoo8648 So everything is working like it should?

The "focus on celestial body" is still broken.

1. The "fix" fixed the focus problem in the tracking station, but never fixed in the map. 

2. After installing a couple mods, the "fix" is again broken and now focus is not functional in either the tracking station or the map, but focus was never functional in the map. 

4 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Voodoo8648 So everything is working like it should?

Also, the "fix" only fixed the focus problem on one computer, but not all. I tried to apply the fix to the KSP install located on my gaming computer but it did not work. I applied the fix to the KSP install located on my old laptop and it worked. 

But even after installing a few mods, focus became non-functional again, even on my old laptop.