How do you guys refer to "being of a planet/moon"?

Fireheart318

1 hour ago, Carl said:

Fortunately the Furniture homeworld is much easier to get to than assembling some of their namesakes products...

I once built a modular moon base on Ike. I don't know how, but after I was done assembling it I had spare parts left that couldn't be attached to the base further :confused:

I prefer Dunan for Duna; Dunatian starts to sound like dalmatian, and a little pretentious besides (Martian and Dunan are two syllables, Dunatian introduces an extra one just to sound more analogous to the 'real world equivalent').

5 hours ago, Blaarkies said:

I once built a modular moon base on Ike. I don't know how, but after I was done assembling it I had spare parts left that couldn't be attached to the base further :confused:

Very approps.

15 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Like how people say 'Earthling', 'Earthly', 'Munar', 'Martian', and others. How do apply that do Duna, Vall, Jool, Minmus, Eve, and really anything that isn't Kerbin or the Mun?

Canonically I have only referred to Kerbals, Kerbulans, and "fair Joolish ladies". Unless one counts Jeb being called a "munatic" every now and then.

6 hours ago, String Witch said:

I prefer Dunan for Duna; Dunatian starts to sound like dalmatian, and a little pretentious besides (Martian and Dunan are two syllables, Dunatian introduces an extra one just to sound more analogous to the 'real world equivalent').

how about dunanites?

For me, it's always been something like this -

Minmus - Minmian (Min mee inn)

Duna - Dunar (Lunar but with a D)

Laythe - Leviathan

Pol - Polen (Pole ehn)/Polan (Pah len)

Eve - Eval (Eev-all)

Vall - Valliant (Vahll ee-int)

Jool - Joolian

Moho - Moholy/Moholi/Moholly (Moe holly)

Eeloo - Elone (Alone but with an Eh)/Eeloone (Ee loon)

Dres - Dresalt/Dresault/Dresult 

Ike - Iklee (Likely without an L)/Ikli (Ick lee)

Bop - Bopper

Tylo - Tylone (Alone but instead of an A it's a Tie)

I'm sure I'm missing something

58 minutes ago, MitchS said:

There was a thread last month where we discussed this at length. And I got to use my Linguistics degree!

Heh, I remember, it was my thread!

Back to topic; I coined "Drerian" for Dres, from "Cererian" (Ceres)

By the way Mitch, I really liked your "Ikal", it sounds rather well, and Ike is tricky to work with, and "Boptic", the extra "t" makes it smoother.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.