[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

If I could add a vote, I like the redder red for the new planet. Make it seem really alien and exotic, like Forbidden Planet-era science fiction. You know, back when TECHNICOLOR! was new and they were over-doing it a bit, but it looked awesome. I already like how Mun seems sere and monochrome, like a dead (but beautiful) world, while Minmus (to me, anyway) makes me feel cool and relaxed. If the new planet was that bright red, it would have its own personality suggestive of searing heat. :D

Sorry if this has been asked already, but already 16 pages in here :(

Quick Flight Scenarios: Start flights from pre-set conditions, without interfering with your persistent sandbox save, and also save your own scenarios from your main game.

Does that mean we\'ll be able to share these saved scenarios with each other, adding yet another level of \'modding\' so to speak to the game? :D

I hope the planets all show up as a illuminated object in the sky. Just like how minimus looks like a star , but ou can see it moves differently to the other stars and flashes.

Otherwise without visual cues we might have to all start learning orbital math to figure out a way to reach these new planets.

plus, I dont see the need to add more than one body. why not just add one new planet per update but make it sufficiently detailed so that youwont have to re-release it later because doing the full she bang for this update will most likely spell mistakes.

Would it be possible to use something like a variant of the MuMech cameras to capture zoomed views of faraway planets from our spacecraft? Or will they just be little white dots until you get 'physically' close enough?

Our spacecraft are returning remarkable yet low-resolution images...

(No devblogs yet, that comes after the move to vBulletin)

photo.png

photo2.png

Don\'t you worry about planets, let me worry about blank!

Honest request. A habitable moon. And if the Travelers land there and take off their helmets, they turn blue and get sick and can\'t be used for twice the time. Just could be expanded on in future updates for all sorts of fun.

Red?

Less red?

Red?

Less red?

I CAN\'T DECIDE AAAAaaa

Edit: It DOES vary considerably over the surface, though.

If I may be so bold to ask, but what if you created a means to change the red over time? Like some sort of result of different sun angles throughout the year. Of course I have no clue how easy or hard that would be to do...

I\'m looking forward to the internal cockpit views, Maybe a flight to the mun or minmus without using the map screen would be possible! Thought about trying it at the moment but if instruments are visible in the cockpit it might be less like guesswork!

Eh, it would probably only be Morz with any fixes they have (like the Kraken and fuel flow), a 16.1...

Now that I think about it, it wouldn\'t be too unreasonable, just unlike them.

Maybe, just maybe....

I\'d love to see an update on \'Mars landing day\', but yeah, I think that\'\'s a bit optimistic.

And regarding your sig, I really like the Terry Pratchett version:

'Give a man a fire, and he\'ll be warm for a day. But set fire to him, and he\'ll be warm for the rest of his life.'

I\'d love to see an update on \'Mars landing day\', but yeah, I think that\'\'s a bit optimistic.

And regarding your sig, I really like the Terry Pratchett version:

'Give a man a fire, and he\'ll be warm for a day. But set fire to him, and he\'ll be warm for the rest of his life.'

Maybe on landing day 0.16.1 comes out with bug fixes and maybe the mars like planet?

Soooooo, Any dates for rele..as.,_ [THIS COMMENT WAS CRUSHED BY MODS!]

But seriously, no one has said anything against the mars landing day release. I am not trying to spread conspiracies, I am just very exited! :D

Soooooo, Any dates for rele..as.,_ [THIS COMMENT WAS CRUSHED BY MODS!]

But seriously, no one has said anything against the mars landing day release. I am not trying to spread conspiracies, I am just very exited! :D

Too early nuff said

I think that the .17 update might be a doozy because before, they said that the terrain engine wasn\'t capable of making new planets, so we would get a huge overhaul to that sector and maybe possibly Kerbin might change a bit.

Ya\'ll so excited for a rover landing on a ball of rust. woopee, there\'s water there, of course there is, there\'s RUST, there must be water.

But seriously, I am super excited for the new planet(s). I can\'t wait for the desert (mars-like) planet, I also hope there\'s one analogous to Venus, As I would love to melt in it\'s sulfuric acid.

Too early nuff said

I think that the .17 update might be a doozy because before, they said that the terrain engine wasn\'t capable of making new planets, so we would get a huge overhaul to that sector and maybe possibly Kerbin might change a bit.

The actually said the terrain engine wasn\'t capable of doing gas giants.

I personally like the old red, it looks more original to be honest. It\'s meant to be a different solar system isn\'t it?

No. Announced 0.17 features include more planets, not more stars.

Did you read the 'KSP 0.17 Update' post by Harvester? http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=17595.0

The actually said the terrain engine wasn\'t capable of doing gas giants.

They said something like that, but they did not say they can\'t give a planet a very thick and deep atmosphere and strong gravity. It would just not look very much like a gas planet until cloud layers are implemented.