SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Spoiler
6 hours ago, DDE said:

Elon Musk is a supervillain, can’t he just make it cooperate?

NOAA ftp server is read-only for the anonymous users, so he can just face the weather as is, but not change it.

Spoiler

We tried.

Edited by kerbiloid

On 12/1/2018 at 1:50 AM, DAL59 said:

Also, they are training astronauts because they want to sell astronauts to other space companies(though this won't ever happen).

Too bad, that would have been the perfect setting for a new space movie by Quentin Tarantino...

"Django Undocked"  :D

19 minutes ago, tater said:

Alright, Alright... so, first off, we already have 2 launches, a manned space station docking, an asteroid rendezvous, and a historic third relight tomorrow... and now you're telling me there's another fairing recovery?!

Actually, not just tomorrow, but this whole week is insane. We've got 7 launches coming up, 5 or 6 of which have live webcasts, and at least 2 of which will accomplish important, historic firsts. This isn't just from SpaceX, of course, so this is a bit off topic, but still, this is crazy!

1 hour ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

e've got 7 launches coming up, 5 or 6 of which have live webcasts, and at least 2 of which will accomplish important, historic firsts. This isn't just from SpaceX, of course, so this is a bit off topic, but still, this is crazy!

Plus, in the first few months of next year, we have FH launch 2, and the crew demo!  

Meanwhile, in the field of increasingly futile guesses on BFR- I mean, Starship development, Elon may have dropped another hint on the materials change for those who are still guessing and aren't just letting it go until an announcement.

Sounds like the new materials are more scorch-resistant.

Yeah, I'll just wait. There's enough excitement on other stuff going on right now, anyway...

10 minutes ago, Elthy said:

Maybe they will go with a non-abaltive heatshield. Copying the shuttle would definetly be counterintuitive xD

So that might fit in with my guess of a heat resistant carbon fiber, but that's pretty far fetched.

Also, hooray for another text updates only launch! /s