KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

Please look in the log if you see any exceptions

I fixed it already, turns out I was using an outdated version of Community Resource Pack, don't know how that could interfere but I'm alright now, thanks for the help anyways!

6 minutes ago, Table said:

I fixed it already, turns out I was using an outdated version of Community Resource Pack, don't know how that could interfere but I'm alright now, thanks for the help anyways!

Great, keep reporting any issues. By the way I would like more feedback, please tell me everything that works or anything you think is too powerful or effective

Hey, the is some great news, the particle accelerator model suddenly works again in KSP 1.1. It appears their is no longer a 255 vertex limit. This is ready news, meaning modes which I though had become useless, are useful again.

Edited by FreeThinker

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@FreeThinker There are Water Storage tanks in the mod pack, is there anything to go along with it? Like oxygen, food tanks, because I swear I saw some similar looking tanks about the same size as the Water Tank, and also some clamps to hold the tanks on. from a video,

here's the link to the vid i'm talking about, if you watch the whole vid you'll see. Please Reply FreeThinker!

Edited by Table

On 4/13/2016 at 6:30 PM, MaxRebo said:

Your best bet is to unlock Advanced Nuclear Propulsion. The NERVA upgrade you get from that node does not have this problem, and TweakScale works without a hitch (although I consider TweakScale'ing NERVAs to be an abhorrent act of cheating you should be very ashamed of :mad:

...:sticktongue:)

I'm using the "CommunityTechTree" and I'm getting access to the stock LV-N "Nerv" Atomic Rocket Motor and the "Solid NTR NERVA" at the same point. The stock one works fine, even when I defile it via tweekscale :sticktongue:. It is the "Solid NTR NERVA" than cannot be right clicked on. Does this match your experience? I do not have an "Advanced Nuclear Propulsion" node. It has been "replaced?" with "Improved Nuclear Propulsion", "High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion" and so on. At "Improved Nuclear Propulsion" I am offered a "Lighter more compact "NERVA." 

Update: I just Checked out the Solid NTR NERVA in sandbox and I can right click on it and also use tweekscale, so this supports your suggestion on upgrading it. It is just the un-upgraded one that has this issue.

Edited by ZarDan
More information

6 hours ago, ZarDan said:

I'm using the "CommunityTechTree" and I'm getting access to the stock LV-N "Nerv" Atomic Rocket Motor and the "Solid NTR NERVA" at the same point. The stock one works fine, even when I defile it via tweekscale :sticktongue:. It is the "Solid NTR NERVA" than cannot be right clicked on. Does this match your experience? I do not have an "Advanced Nuclear Propulsion" node. It has been "replaced?" with "Improved Nuclear Propulsion", "High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion" and so on. At "Improved Nuclear Propulsion" I am offered a "Lighter more compact "NERVA." 

Update: I just Checked out the Solid NTR NERVA in sandbox and I can right click on it and also use tweekscale, so this supports your suggestion on upgrading it. It is just the un-upgraded one that has this issue.

What KSPI-E  version are you using?

7 hours ago, Table said:

@FreeThinker There are Water Storage tanks in the mod pack, is there anything to go along with it? Like oxygen, food tanks, because I swear I saw some similar looking tanks about the same size as the Water Tank, and also some clamps to hold the tanks on. from a video,

here's the link to the vid i'm talking about, if you watch the whole vid you'll see. Please Reply FreeThinker!

Great video. The Video appears to display most of Zzz part, including the part you identify as a water tank. I believe this part is or was also used by other mods, including life support. The Part is possibly great for transferable resources by IVA.

Edited by FreeThinker

12 hours ago, ZarDan said:

Yes, it's called Improved Nuclear Propulsion. I was so sure of myself that I didn't bother to double check I had the name right; my bad. The lighter more compact NERVA is what you want (though it's apparently still called Solid NTR NERVA after that particular upgrade). All further upgrades work well too.

The stock NERVs are sh*t. I AutoPrune'd them out. KSPI-E NERVAs with their good looks (thanks PorkJet!) and high configurability/flexibility are so much better :wink:

_____

@FreeThinker Regarding pruning redundant parts... I'm playing with the USI mods, and MKS/OKS fission reactors are kind of redundant when using KSPI-E. Now I realize the KSPI-E fission reactors are probably a tad overpowered in comparison, but they're also more difficult to use right so I don't feel too bad about AutoPruning the USI reactors and using KSPI-E ones instead. What's your take on this combination? Would some kind of adaptation patch like with NFT be an option? Or could you be persuaded to make KSPI-E hide USI reactors automatically, like MKS/OKS does with some Extraplanetary Launchpads parts (<-- this would be my preferred solution)?

23 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

@FreeThinker Regarding pruning redundant parts... I'm playing with the USI mods, and MKS/OKS fission reactors are kind of redundant when using KSPI-E. Now I realize the KSPI-E fission reactors are probably a tad overpowered in comparison, but they're also more difficult to use right so I don't feel too bad about AutoPruning the USI reactors and using KSPI-E ones instead. What's your take on this combination? Would some kind of adaptation patch like with NFT be an option? Or could you be persuaded to make KSPI-E hide USI reactors automatically, like MKS/OKS does with some Extraplanetary Launchpads parts (<-- this would be my preferred solution)?

Well am not so keen on hidding other mods parts by KSPI-E as in in the past I did something similar with other USI parts and Roverdude was not amused because he was beeing bothered by people who could not find USI parts anymore (because they were beeing hidden by KSPI). What might be a solution would be to create an seperatly downloadable MM Config file add on which would could hide or convert exisitng part , like the MKS/OKS into a KSPI-E equivalent. I suggest you do a request in AZZB KSPI integration mod.

Edited by FreeThinker

8 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Well am not so keen on hidding other mods parts by KSPI-E as in in the past I did something similar with other USI parts and Roverdude was not amused because he was beeing bothered by people who could not find USI parts anymore (because they were beeing hidden by KSPI). What might be a solution would be to create an seperatly downloadable MM Config file add on which would could convert exisitng part , like the MKS/OKS into a KSPI-E equivalent.

Now that's some really strange reasoning on Roverdude's part, considering he does the same to taniwha's EL, and taniwha does get bothered by users unable to find EL parts about twice a day on average! I guess different standards apply to Squad staff...

I'm down with providing an appropriate MM patch as a separate download. You sure ABZB's integration mod is the right place for this though? It seems a bit outside the scope of his patches, which - at least currently and for the foreseeable future - seem to deal exclusively with adding IFS to parts. The NFT stuff is done by KSPI itself too, no? I'm just double-checking. If you insist it's the appropriate place I'll take my request there.

Just now, MaxRebo said:

Now that's some really strange reasoning on Roverdude's part, considering he does the same to taniwha's EL, and taniwha does get bothered by users unable to find EL parts about twice a day on average! I guess different standards apply to Squad staff...

I'm down with providing an appropriate MM patch as a separate download. You sure ABZB's integration mod is the right place for this though? It seems a bit outside the scope of his patches, which - at least currently and for the foreseeable future - seem to deal exclusively with adding IFS to parts. The NFT stuff is done by KSPI itself too, no? I'm just double-checking. If you insist it's the appropriate place I'll take my request there.

Well if anyone would create some good MM script, I will be glad to either inetrate them, or create a sperate download for players that which for better integration with other mods, but accept intrusive changes (like pruning them all together)

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Well if anyone would create some good MM script, I will be glad to either inetrate them, or create a sperate download for players that which for better integration with other mods, but accept intrusive changes (like pruning them all together)

You know what? This might be as good an occasion to learn some MM as any. How hard can that possibly be, right? :wink: I can't really think of anything other than hiding them completely though. If you're OK with something like that, I'll gladly give it a try this weekend. If there is some other behavior you'd rather see, then I'm open to trying that instead too. It's just that I can't seem to think of anything that would make more sense to me than an all-out prune.

Personally , I would only prune if the part is inferior to a new part  (for example Stock Nuclear Engine vs KSPI-E Solid Core Engine). But In the case of the MKS/OKS , I would replace the exisitng part mudule by the same part modules found in the Molten Salt config. This way you can combine the best of both worlds. It would still look as a MKS/OKS reactor , but it would behave as a KSPI-E reactor

Edited by FreeThinker

So, essentially make the MKS reactors a cosmetic alternative for KSPI molten salt reactors? Or would their stats be different? I guess never pruning at least the MKS reactors that are smaller than 2.5m would make sense either way. Perhaps making them in some way preferable to tweakscale'd KSPI molten salt?

Edited by MaxRebo

Just now, MaxRebo said:

So, essentially make the MKS reactors a cosmetic alternative for KSPI molten salt reactors? Or would their stats be different?

Well, you could campare their volumes and make some adjustment to their mass and power output. Just make sure their mass to power fraction is about the same or slighly worse.

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Great video. The Video appears to display most of Zzz part, including the part you identify as a water tank. I believe this part is or was also used by other mods, including life support. The Part is possibly great for transferable resources by IVA.

Thanks man! But unfortunately, zzz's part's download links don't work.

I was thinking, maybe you could incorporate the other life support modules from the pack into KSPI? Because you already incorporated some of his parts!

Here's the link to the thread : 

The life support parts are called  tapered boxes, scroll down and you'll find it, but unfortunately the download link doesn't work/

Edited by Table

8 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

Yes, it's called Improved Nuclear Propulsion. I was so sure of myself that I didn't bother to double check I had the name right; my bad. The lighter more compact NERVA is what you want (though it's apparently still called Solid NTR NERVA after that particular upgrade). All further upgrades work well too.

The stock NERVs are sh*t. I AutoPrune'd them out. KSPI-E NERVAs with their good looks (thanks PorkJet!) and high configurability/flexibility are so much better :wink:

I figured out the problem is Tweakscale. For unknown reason, it need a minimum of 2 sizes, to fix it, simply make sure there are at least 2 sizes at which it can be used.

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.8.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1

Released on 2016-04-15

• Re enabled Orbital Supercollider Experiment part
  • Fixed Bug with Solid Core Nuclear Engine in VAB in career mode
  • Fixed Bug with Spherical Fuel tanks ripping of at the first stage
  • Re-balanced tech requirement of several radiators and fuel tanks

16 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

What KSPI-E  version are you using?

I was using "KSPI_Extended_1.7.6". I see that you now have a updated version and have fixed the bug. I hope that my input helped you figure it out, either way, thanks for the hard work that you put in to this mod.

19 hours ago, ChrisJGames said:

Tweakscale has randomly stopped working? I am using KSPI 1.8.4 and KSP 1.1 pre-release.

11 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

Looks like emerald79 was on it already: commit dad9931

I'm not yet updating to 1209 so no idea if it works. The patch looks good though.

Works for me, KSPI 1.8.5 and KSP 1.1.0.1209 (x64)

Edited by EnigmaG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.