KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

Version 1.11.13 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2016-12-29

• Added Support for KSP Cheat option Ignore Max Temperature, which will cancel all heat related ills
  • Added Support for KSP Cheat option Infinite Propellant, will allows engine to operate without propellant and Reactor without fuel
  • Added Support for KSP Cheat option Infinite Electricity will make all Megajoule power cost free
  • Added Support for KSP Cheat option Unbreakable joints, which prevent radiators from falling off and ignore all negative reactor and engine effects
  • Fixed Added check which should prevent deployment which shielded by fairings
  • Fixed: Revised Tanks accessible in KSPI fuel tanks menu

Hello, I would need just a quick clarification ... I am setting up a microwave beamed power network around and between kerbin and then mun. I have launched several relay satellites each one equipped with two  Microwave Phased Array Transceives. If I understood this clearly ... one transciever is to be set as receiver with the button "activate receiver" and then linked up with the button "Link receiver". The other one needs only to be set as relay with the button "Activate relay", doesn't it?

Anyway I am looking forward the moment a real wiki/tutorial about beamed power will be issued ... I tried my best at guessing its functioning but it is a bit daunting without any formula and without knowing the underlying model. But maybe that is because this part is still under development ...

Thanks in advance

22 hours ago, zanie420 said:

@FreeThinker, can you not submit your experience in the science lab, as you can with the stock MPL, so you can level up as you go interplanetary? Seem so redundant to take both.....

not sure how to call attention to a unanswered post without looking pushy........

9 hours ago, zanie420 said:

not sure how to call attention to a unanswered post without looking pushy........

Sorry, It's not clear to me what you want. You want to level your scientist during the mission? Or something else ...

12 hours ago, LastStarDust said:

Hello, I would need just a quick clarification ... I am setting up a microwave beamed power network around and between kerbin and then mun. I have launched several relay satellites each one equipped with two  Microwave Phased Array Transceives. If I understood this clearly ... one transciever is to be set as receiver with the button "activate receiver" and then linked up with the button "Link receiver". The other one needs only to be set as relay with the button "Activate relay", doesn't it?

The phased array is rather unique as it can relay without having a linkup part. So They can directly relay microwave beamed power. They can also be used for relay communication.

12 hours ago, LastStarDust said:

Anyway I am looking forward the moment a real wiki/tutorial about beamed power will be issued ... I tried my best at guessing its functioning but it is a bit daunting without any formula and without knowing the underlying model. But maybe that is because this part is still under development ...

Thanks in advance

I hope this will help:

https://github.com/sswelm/KSP-Interstellar-Extended/wiki/Beamed-Power

Edited by FreeThinker

51 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

The phased array is rather unique as it can relay without having a linkup part. So They can directly relay microwave beamed power. They can also be use for communication.

Thanks a lot for the aswer, I got it. Anyway do the other receivers/relays work as I outlined, don't they?

51 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes I knew the wiki and it is really helpful. But I would need something that explains thoroughly the various wavelengths differences, how is modeled water absorption, how power is splited if I have multiple receivers, ecc ... and ultimately what the tens of parameters, that pop up when I right click a beamed power antenna, mean ...

Edited by LastStarDust

14 hours ago, zanie420 said:

The stock MPL allows you to level up your Kerbals without returning to Kerbin first. Am I somehow not seeing that option on the upgraded Science Lab in KSPI-E? If I want to take a new Kerbal on an interstellar mission and get the experience as I go, so the stars can affect the science rate, or maybe have an engineer be able to fix something, it seems like I would need to take along an MPL just to have that option.

34 minutes ago, zanie420 said:

The stock MPL allows you to level up your Kerbals without returning to Kerbin first. Am I somehow not seeing that option on the upgraded Science Lab in KSPI-E? If I want to take a new Kerbal on an interstellar mission and get the experience as I go, so the stars can affect the science rate, or maybe have an engineer be able to fix something, it seems like I would need to take along an MPL just to have that option.

Actually in the advanced options you can choose to gain experience immediately.

8 hours ago, zanie420 said:

I noticed the largeCrewedLabs mow has a new partmodel called, ModuleExperienceManagement Just Looking at the name, seem to suggest this partmodule is responsible for the supposedly missing functionality in KSPI lab. So I only need to add it to make it behave in a similar fashion, I presume.

Btw, has anyone tried the new cheat options yet, they should come in handy, especially for testing purposes. That why I implemented them, to make testing easier.

19 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

has anyone tried the new cheat options yet

No, I'm using old one)

1. Use Extraplanetary Launchpads to build fission reactor. It will be empty.
  2. EVA to it and push "Swap Fuel"
  3. ???
  4. Reactor have 100% fuel.

So I sent up a long term science ship to the Mun/Minmus area and realized I forgot to give the MSR powering it some Lithium to increase longevity. I tried adding one of the lithium radial tanks to my tanker (and TweakScaling it down to something more manageable as a 0.625m reactor doesn't need that much Lithium...) Only, once I got the tanker docked to the science ship I noticed that the tank contains Lithium, and the reactor needs Lithium6... :/

Edited by Einarr

On 12/30/2016 at 8:24 AM, Nansuchao said:

Actually in the advanced options you can choose to gain experience immediately.

Then I might as well edit the save file or use hyperedit too right?

I don't know how I want to play now. Career has lost it's luster. I want to legitimately unlock all the nodes in the ETT in my current career, but after that... the most fun I have with the game lately is testing out mods. I wish I had found this community a year ago!

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:01 PM, FreeThinker said:

Version 1.11.13 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2016-12-29

• Added Support for KSP Cheat option Ignore Max Temperature, which will cancel all heat related ills
  • Added Support for KSP Cheat option Infinite Propellant, will allows engine to operate without propellant and Reactor without fuel
  • Added Support for KSP Cheat option Infinite Electricity will make all Megajoule power cost free
  • Added Support for KSP Cheat option Unbreakable joints, which prevent radiators from falling off and ignore all negative reactor and engine effects
  • Fixed Added check which should prevent deployment which shielded by fairings
  • Fixed: Revised Tanks accessible in KSPI fuel tanks menu

The OP explicitly lists CKAN support, but I cannot seem to find this mod listed on CKAN for the time being.  Was CKAN support dropped at some point but the OP was not updated to reflect this?

32 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

The OP explicitly lists CKAN support, but I cannot seem to find this mod listed on CKAN for the time being.  Was CKAN support dropped at some point but the OP was not updated to reflect this?

KSPI-E is dependant on CTT, therefore all CKAN users have to patiently wait until @Nertea decides to updates CTT to KSP 1.2.2

Edited by FreeThinker

FNPlugin/Reactors/InterstellarReactor.cs:1780

part.GetConnectedResourceTotals(helium_def.id, out totalTritiumAmount, out totalTritiumMaxAmount);

I think it should be

part.GetConnectedResourceTotals(tritium_def.id, out totalTritiumAmount, out totalTritiumMaxAmount);

13 minutes ago, Siama said:

FNPlugin/Reactors/InterstellarReactor.cs:1780

part.GetConnectedResourceTotals(helium_def.id, out totalTritiumAmount, out totalTritiumMaxAmount);

I think it should be

part.GetConnectedResourceTotals(tritium_def.id, out totalTritiumAmount, out totalTritiumMaxAmount);

Yes, I was already fixing it, I also noticed it was producing too little Tritium, making D-T fusion problematic if you expected the 104% to be correct.

2 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes, I was already fixing it, I also noticed it was producing too little Tritium, making D-T fusion problematic if you expected the 104% to be correct.

Breed rate makes everything problematic for me :) so I'm buying it at Kerbin sending various strange but expensive things in return. 

Can you please, please, please find a new host for the releases? Anything other than spacedock? The download speeds are atrocious because spacedock's network speed is atrocious and the KSPI binary is enormous relative to the speed of the host.

Or maybe just also release a 'diff' upgrade, something where if the user has the previous version they need only download the .diff and use gnu patch? I dunno, it seems like a lot of work compared to finding a new host with an upload speed faster than 100kb/s

I have a server with a 1Gb/s upload speed, if you would like free hosting. It would be pretty easy; just stick to your current naming schema, scp or sftp new releases up, and update the ckan file. I'm sure it would be identical to whatever process you use now, except that it would not take me fifteen minutes to update KSPI for no reason

fWhAuvI.png
94 kilobits per second! it's about 1.5x the speed of dialup!

Edited by JohnWittle

Version 1.11.14 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-01-01

• Updated Community Techtree to 3.0.3
  • Added Made Reactor Details window available under time-warp
  • Added Tritium breeding will breed equal amounts of Helium, which can be used for propulsion.
  • Fixed stability Reactors at high (x100000) timewarp, preventing unnecessary neutron embrittlement
    and fuel-usage, allowing reactor to function for many years
  • Fixed Tritium breeding ration, allowing D-T fusion reactors to breed enough tritium from lithium to sustain itself
Edited by FreeThinker

Fixed stability at high timewarp? Hooray! Thanks

EDIT: Also, how does warp drive charging work? I'm using the quantum singularity reactor, and the warp rings, when charging, will draw so much power I lose 6 MJ/s, until charge hits zero, and while it warns me about plasma heating not guaranteed, the vessel seems to operate fine. Using a bigger reactor means it draws it even quicker. So the warp drive is just intended to draw power rapidly (and be fully charged before it hits 0 battery capacity, but still drain power) and then draw as much as it can afterwards?

Edited by The Destroyer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.